Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward

Has there been any announcement regarding what they plan to do with the Mission Badge Swap Shop moving forward? I and a few other people I know never gathered enough Mission Badges to get 3 sets of Aether Factor and Mana Reverie Augment capsules for units. So it is kind of worrying to be stuck in limbo regarding what will happen now that Mission Badges can no longer be obtained.

@Kougeki said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

Has there been any announcement regarding what they plan to do with the Mission Badge Swap Shop moving forward?

no

Most players are moving to NGS and the augments from PSO2 are getting heavily nerfed in NGS. Likely they just are going to leave them the way they are. If you want then from the Mission Pass badge shop then likely it's too late.

@Zeke said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

Most players are moving to NGS and the augments from PSO2 are getting heavily nerfed in NGS.

Can I get a source on that because +2% damage is better in NGS then most of our augments in PSO2, and a lot of the augments from PSO2 will be amazing in NGS.

@NIC said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

@Zeke said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

Most players are moving to NGS and the augments from PSO2 are getting heavily nerfed in NGS.

Can I get a source on that because +2% damage is better in NGS then most of our augments in PSO2, and a lot of the augments from PSO2 will be amazing in NGS.

alt text

alt text

The NGS base rarity 3 star weapon almost has more raw attack with no enhancements than the fully enhanced pso2 end game weapon. Augments also can't be transfered to NGS weapons from my understanding. It's already been notified by Sega that the pso2 augments are getting a heavy change in NGS so they don't destroy the game. JP beta testers themselves said the augments weren't amazing, but rather average. Almost similar to the augments of NGS.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsadditionalinfop2

Just like with everything else they've been giving us a heads up on this.

@NIC said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

alt text

alt text

The NGS base rarity 3 star weapon almost has more raw attack with no enhancements than the fully enhanced pso2 end game weapon. Augments also can't be transfered to NGS weapons from my understanding. It's already been notified by Sega that the pso2 augments are getting a heavy change in NGS so they don't destroy the game.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsadditionalinfop2

Just like with everything else they've been giving us a heads up on this.

Weapon Power on the base weapons wasn't what I was asking for at all. I'm asking for a source on the PSO2 augments being nerfed, because in the beta they were better then most NGS augments, and you could have more of them. (PSO2 weapons could have up to 8 augments, cuz.. pso2, while NGS weapons could have 2 - 4 augments.)

"The NGS base rarity 3 star weapon almost has more raw attack with no enhancements than the fully enhanced pso2 end game weapon."

This is flat out not true. Even if the numbers are shown to be closer it's most likely that the damage modifiers aren't being shown from the PSO2 weapon.

The link shows nothing about what I asked, as I am specifically talking about augments, and not base weapons.

What the what? I posted a picture of a +35 lightweave sword with 230 att and a NGS rarity 3 sword with base 223 att with NO ENHANCEMENTS. To say that isn't true is straight up ignoring those pictures.

If you want pure augments data then the pso2 tweaker discord has those answers. Many of them played the JP beta and will tell you(some with pictures) on how underwhelming the pso2 augments are.

Also the damage multiplier is different in NGS than PSO2. Raw 100 damage difference could outdo previous weapons with augments. If a rarity 3 sword has 340 att while the PSO2 lightweave sword has 230 att then no amount of augments can get you that extra damage to outdo it. Gotta note that it's a rarity 3 weapon as well. The 4's are likely higher. By how much who knows, but will likely out damage any lightweave weapon with pso2 augments. The multiplier is base attack is just too strong when compared to pso2. We all played the beta so we all experienced the multiplier first-hand.

What the what? I posted a picture of a +35 lightweave sword with 230 att and a NGS rarity 3 sword with base 223 att with NO ENHANCEMENTS. To say that isn't true is straight up ignoring those pictures.

Let's just ignore what I said in my above post about how the augments aren't being added to the weapons number. That will show me.

If you want pure augments data then the pso2 tweaker discord has those answers. Many of them played the JP beta and will tell you(some with pictures) on how underwhelming the pso2 augments are.

Bruh, wtf you talking about - That's where I'm getting my shit from because people in that discord who are crunching numbers are saying how 8 PSO2 augments are most likely going to be better then 4 NGS augments at launch. People have already worked out that you should be taking 3 Cras legs with Skydancers on them into NGS for your units, and how stuff like Lucent Adversity S2/S3 are really good in NGS.

If you want to provide a source, do so.

Also the damage multiplier is different in NGS than PSO2. Raw 100 damage difference could outdo previous weapons with augments. If a rarity 3 sword has 340 att while the PSO2 lightweave sword has 230 att then no amount of augments can get you that extra damage to outdo it. Gotta note that it's a rarity 3 weapon as well. The 4's are likely higher. By how much who knows, but will likely out damage any lightweave weapon with pso2 augments. The multiplier is base attack is just too strong when compared to pso2.

You understand that if augments were shown, and a fully augmented Cras weapon did indeed have attack that low, then a rarity 1 NGS weapon would be better, right?

Most players are moving to NGS

If anything that's more of a reason to implement catch-up mechanics like the Rinser weapon exchange and make it easier for those who stay to finish up their builds as also many new players from NGS are going to come to base PSO2 in order to get various camos.

I don't know if anyone's linked this yet but here's what PSO2 augments will convert into when equipment is sent to NGS: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Special_Ability_Conversion

I will also link this which was an augment capsule I got from a random level 10 field boss in the NGS beta:

vet_aug1.png

I'm mostly showing this to demonstrate what early/midgame augments look like in NGS. Additionally Might III and the other rank III attack augments give 2% damage in NGS. If you look at that page I linked above you will see that most of the converted Augs on that page give 1% or less damage.

@Xaelon said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

I don't know if anyone's linked this yet but here's what PSO2 augments will convert into when a weapon is sent to NGS: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Special_Ability_Conversion

I will also link this which was an augment capsule I got from a random level 10 field boss in the NGS beta:

vet_aug1.png

I'm mostly showing this to demonstrate what early/midgame augments look like in NGS. Additionally Might III and the other rank III attack augments give 2% damage in NGS. If you look at that page I linked above you will see that most of the converted Augs on that page give 1% or less damage.

Yes, but NGS equipment can't seem to have more then 4 augments so far. I'm not saying NGS equipment wont be better then PSO2 Equipment, but I believe that PSO2 equipment at the start of NGS will be just as good if not better damage wise because you can only have half the augments.

@NIC PSO2 gear will definitely make excellent starter gear for NGS. Using it will also save you the resources and meseta required to enhance something, which is arguably more valuable in the long run.

I was mostly just providing that source you asked about regarding the general strength of transferred PSO2 augments.

@Xaelon said in Question Regarding Mission Badges and the Mission Badge Swap Shop in PSO2 moving forward:

I don't know if anyone's linked this yet but here's what PSO2 augments will convert into when a weapon is sent to NGS: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Special_Ability_Conversion

vet_aug1.png

Yes, but NGS equipment can't seem to have more then 4 augments so far. I'm not saying NGS equipment wont be better then PSO2 Equipment, but I believe that PSO2 equipment at the start of NGS will be just as good if not better damage wise because you can only have half the augments.

You literally tried to make an argument that pso2 weapons+augments will be the best in NGS. It's only NOW that you're saying it will be good starter gear.

You literally tried to make an argument that pso2 weapons+augments will be the best in NGS. It's only NOW that you're saying it will be good starter gear.

Aren't you the person who made the argument that a PSO2 weapon with 8 affixes was beat by a 3 NGS weapon with no affixes even though you could have looked up any NGS Video and saw that augments aren't added to the base stats of the weapon?* Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Please kindly take your shit outside because you only argue with people to try and rile people up. I'm pretty tired of your disingenuous arguments. I never said PSO2 gear is going to be starter gear, stop putting words into my mouth.

"Start of NGS" =/= "Starting Gear"

Start of NGS as in before we start getting updates/patches/more content.

Aren't you the person who made the argument that a PSO2 weapon with 8 affixes was beat by a 3 NGS weapon with no affixes even though you could have looked up any NGS Video and saw that augments aren't added to the base stats of the weapon?* Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Please kindly take your shit outside because you only argue with people to try and rile people up. I'm pretty tired of your disingenuous arguments. I never said PSO2 gear is going to be starter gear, stop putting words into my mouth.

"Start of NGS" =/= "Starting Gear"

Start of NGS as in before we start getting updates/patches/more content.

You parroted that statement in the golden pass thread and tried to move it here. If you can't handle being called out then don't make arguments. It's really that simple.