According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.

We will have to wait and see.

@Fiona-Respha said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

So global won't get the "Renew 1-5" scratches? Or will they put them to the PSO2 side with the regular global pace and claim 2-3 scratches per month is a story for the NGS side? 😱

Oh yeah, those scratches. I guess Prologue 4 enables the possibility that I'd hoped for, that Global may use those to fill gaps when JP do a collaboration scratch that can't be licensed on Global.

I believe we'll get the game June 9th, I feel they wouldn't have announced the changes coming to PSO2 if they weren't ready to release NGS by now.

I would like to think sega wants to minimize the amount of time people are not logging into pso2 waiting for ngs. Also Q2 fiscal year ends in June.

@Pok said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

I would like to think sega wants to minimize the amount of time people are not logging into pso2 waiting for ngs. Also Q2 fiscal year ends in June.

Lot of people aren't even logging into pso2 anymore. Not much reason to.

@Jamesmor said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

well if it goes for the cycle of maintenances it can be at 9th or 23th but we only gonna know if they announce it or if the campaign that will give SG 7 days prior to the release of NGS starts.

Yep I vote for the 9th June as most likely, and if we get the 7 day thing on the 2nd June then this becomes even more likely. But we will see!

June 9th is the most likely date since lots of things end on that date and even in game there was "leaks" to suggest as much besides the fact that JP has Oracle Renew Collection 5 ending on that day, the amount of information we gotten from Prologue streams and articles, all betas are finished as far as we know and one more interesting fact being the level 100 campaign in Global ends on June 6th alongside the FUN scratch I wager the rest of the rewind scratches will be distributed on June 2nd with both games entering early maintenance on June 9th to deploy NGS and prep the servers with the new game tangled into the old. There will also be an announcement on June 2nd to say that they will release it June 9th with the campaign counting down to NGS with daily SG distribution as was announced in Prologue 3. Lastly in JP all that plays on the monitors now is one IDOLA video and the Episode 6 opening which makes the game look and feel abandoned imo.

Its most likely going to be the 11th not the 9th as the 11th is Friday and naturally company's always launch games on the weekend to get the most data from the servers at there peak in the event things go wrong to fix it by patch day wile if it was Wednesday you would have to wait till the following Tuesday for a fix unless its critical.

@Kaligath PSO2 maintenances and content updates are usually on wednesdays, the original JP PSO2 release was on a wednesday too.

Since the NGS release affects the regular PSO2 too, it's definitely gonna happen together with a maintenance.

@Kaligath said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

Its most likely going to be the 11th not the 9th as the 11th is Friday and naturally company's always launch games on the weekend to get the most data from the servers at there peak in the event things go wrong to fix it by patch day wile if it was Wednesday you would have to wait till the following Tuesday for a fix unless its critical.

SEGA will most likely deploy on Wednesdays since that is maintenance day and PSO2 NGS is still a part of PSO2 which has maintenance on said day.