According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.

This goes off the “tbd” Status of the NGS “update” listed in the Xbox live store database for Wednesday early morning (EST)

This man has been 3/3 for me over 10 years dating back to the one PSU beta during my OG lightbulb hunt.

Apparently it won’t be a separate game update immediately but an update for PSO2? Maybe it’s just the graphical update? But it’s listed as NGS Status.

I for one hope this is true but I’m anti everything so I’m still voting in June 22nd.

@Cult said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

Apparently it won’t be a separate game update immediately but an update for PSO2? Maybe it’s just the graphical update? But it’s listed as NGS Status.

Most likely it'll be the same situation as the JP PS4 version. For JP PS4 it was announced that NGS will become the base version of the game, the initial download, and that the current PSO2 is going to become an optional DLC.

This sounds like a "My dad works at Nintendo" type of source.

Well it does say June 9th in game for the release date.

@Weirdo said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

Well it does say June 9th in game for the release date.

It says June 9th for the end date of campaigns that on the website say they end on NGS release. They could always extend the campaigns in the in-game login messages and it wouldn't mean NGS was delayed.

For various reasons it's definitely sounding like they're getting closer to being able to confirm the 9th; it's felt like this was the plan wit the 23rd as a fallback date in case something goes wrong, so probably once they're confident enough we'll get that announced.

Same events showing different things, one with a date and one saying NGS release.277bf44d-dca6-4afb-8048-ba0d09bdb204-image.png

The leveling event ends next week for the SG arks event. Pretty sure NGS isn't coming out next week. At least the hints show it isn't.

well if it goes for the cycle of maintenances it can be at 9th or 23th but we only gonna know if they announce it or if the campaign that will give SG 7 days prior to the release of NGS starts.

Should not be the 23rd as japan has acampaign going until the 23rd while every other campaign goes "until NGS" http://pso2.jp/players/news/27891/

Also worth mentioning that they said in the NGS update FF will be removed and get replaced with the treasure shop, and we've got 14 days left on the current FF rotation + nowadays FF is put on 28 day cycles, so it'd either be June 9th or July 7th (which is very doubtful).

@A-Silver-King said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

Should not be the 23rd as japan has acampaign going until the 23rd while every other campaign goes "until NGS" http://pso2.jp/players/news/27891/

Other than that, another reason for June 23rd to be unlikely is that NGS has 2 AC scratches planned for June. Unless those 2 scratches are coming in the same day or are 1 week appart, June 9th sounds like the most likely release date if it goes by the current cycle of maintenances.

@Ezodagrom said in According to my Xbox insider source, June 9th will be the official date.:

another reason for June 23rd to be unlikely is that NGS has 2 AC scratches planned for June. Unless those 2 scratches are coming in the same day or are 1 week appart, June 9th sounds like the most likely

It doesn't really contribute much to mention it but at the top of the roadmap slide that confirmed Braver and Bouncer they said the plan was 2-3 scratches a month:

92623bf3-c421-4776-805c-1ca1e95aaee0-image.png

This would work out to each set arriving 1-2 weeks apart. So a bit slower than Global OG PSO2 cramming in as many AC scratches as it could, and also a bit slower than our FUN scratches which were usually 3-4 a month.

This is presumably just AC scratches; if it's SG too then since the SG scratch shown was also described as June they'd need to front load a 23 June launch with an AC scratch and an SG scratch together. Which might happen anyway since SG scratches seem to be a more prominent fixture.

@Miraglyth Yeah, the pace matches what JP always had up until they started shifting to NGS-prep, with each scratch lasting four to five weeks, depending on if there is a fifth week for the month, with only two AC scratches active at once barring any special things like Golden Week.

@Miraglyth 2 to 3 scratches per month is pretty much the normal pace of AC scratch releases for the JP version, that is, one new AC scratch every 2 weeks.

So global won't get the "Renew 1-5" scratches? Or will they put them to the PSO2 side with the regular global pace and claim 2-3 scratches per month is a story for the NGS side? 😱