So, content is getting removed now?

This is a bit of a follow-up to the Astral Guardians SG scratch thread because I feel it's a bit divergent:

So we knew that the "founder's packs", although very vaguely explained, were getting pulled from online storefronts. This apparently also includes the Ep. 6 bundle AND the Episode Oracle bundles too, making their badge redemptions worthless for now. The screenshots implied it was the Tails/PSU/PSO1 bundles only.

On top of that, it was also noticed that the SG recycle badge redemption items -- some of the Episode 4 head-mounts and charms were silently removed some time in the past. Why?

This is somewhat ridiculous as we went from "all the content!" to having things become inaccessible without full explanation or warning. I assume we'll be able to obtain badges through this "treasure shop", but of course, we haven't gotten any legitimate information about it. There are also concerns about content going missing in the permanent SG scratch for when that eventually happens too.

GMs need to provide some clarification on what's going on here and what else we can expect to lose before NGS starts up.

@TyboltTiger said in So, content is getting removed now?:

I assume we'll be able to obtain badges through this "treasure shop", but of course, we haven't gotten any legitimate information about it.

Fwiw, the Treasure Shop is a thing in JP, and I assume we're just going to be getting it in the same form JP has (so they're removing FF and putting in the Treasure Shop to reduce difference in the code bases, or to just stop having to manually update FF, or something). So if you want more info on the treasure shop, you can probably find youtube vids/wikis about it, but afaik it's basically FF but more geared to boosters and stuff for SG+meseta and with the occasional cosmetic.

can't say much on the removal of the other items, though.

I don't think cosmetics you buy from providers is considered content. To a lot content is something playable like quests. Fashion may be considered content to some, but some also don't think it is.

Besides we were given a notice about their removal weeks in advance.

@Zeke said in So, content is getting removed now?:

I don't think cosmetics you buy from providers is considered content. To a lot content is something playable like quests. Fashion may be considered content to some, but some also don't think it is.

Besides we were given a notice about their removal weeks in advance.

While I do agree with you on the point that fashion is not really considered as content and more so padding.

I believe that the notice was only for the 'founders' which most people assumed to the items being included in the image. While I don't really care too much I was just surprised the ultimate pack and the oracle pack went away since they don't "technically" have outfits in them but badges to get outfits. But new washes way old.

e1b2002a488135131c2109e0ca011301.png

@TyboltTiger said in So, content is getting removed now?:

On top of that, it was also noticed that the SG recycle badge redemption items -- some of the Episode 4 head-mounts and charms were silently removed some time in the past. Why?

It was always called "Limited-Time SG Swap Shop". We've just never been told what that limit was for anything that's ever been in it.

I'm not liking how eager they seem to be on phasing out old PSO2. Many are ready to move on to NGS, and that's perfectly understandable, but some people still have things to do in the base game. Heaven forbid they want to buy a pack to play dress up in the old game.

I think people might be worrying too much about the phasing out of PSO2 packs. JP have also had a few limited packs over the years that lasted several months before no longer being available. It's just that for Global "several months" is all we've had, so those packs shared time and were kind of forced to end around the same time.

Though it definitely would have been nicer if they'd been clearer about which packs were ending this week. It would have let players clearly decide whether they wanted to buy any before they left, instead of losing a chance to buy a pack they wanted to buy which costs Global a bit of income and gives then a disgruntled player. Once again missing and delayed information is harming the game.

So yeah I'll repeat the call for more information, but at the same time I'm not really concerned about the conclusion of packs.

@Onyx-Grimoire said in So, content is getting removed now?:

I'm not liking how eager they seem to be on phasing out old PSO2. Many are ready to move on to NGS, and that's perfectly understandable, but some people still have things to do in the base game. Heaven forbid they want to buy a pack to play dress up in the old game.

Why do that when they can charge 5$-10$ more for the NGS packs instead when the graphic update comes out? Likely their understanding of the situation.

@Zeke By leaving up the packs they could potentially make more money than removing them outright especially since people will likely come back to pso2 when they dont have much to do on ngs