Benchmark Error

I am getting this blank error when i try to use the benchmark. I have restarted the computer, Redownloaded the file, reinstalled the file, ran it through 7zip, and when i extracted it. The computer is fully updated as well as drivers... I am not sure what else i am missing... alt text

Open Event Viewer and it might have the error in there

I also got the error. I will test if it needs to be in the same folder with the PSO2 client. I am using Steam

@T-Rexus steam user here to!. Please let me know. and Ragnawind I will look in the events to see whats going on

The character creator benchmark tool does NOT need your PSO2 client. In fact, you don't even need PSO2 installed at all in order to use it. Mine works fine at my secondary hard drive at E:/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NGS_CHARACTERCREATOR_NA

Ok, so I tested it on my gaming laptop (w/ steam) which has a lower specs compared to my desktop gaming rig, and it ran fine. I am suspecting the cpu. Pc Specs:

Amd phenom 2 X4 970 be 3.5g

16gb ram

Gtx 1660 ti

@Vampunk did you restart the computer right after installimg it? I forgot to do that and ran it right away, restarted the pc after. Thinking that it might be the cause but no go. That is the only thing I didn't do when I installed it on my pc compared to the laptop. When I did an uinstall and resintalled, it did not ask for a restart of the computer.

@T-Rexus yea it never said to restart.... though i did just uninstalled, re-installed and restarted before booting it up and its the same thing. And i dont have any other options like a 2nd harddrive and a 2nd pc

@T-Rexus Yeah, it could be your CPU. NGS requires AVX support, so I imagine the Benchmark does as well, and it looks like some versions of that CPU might not have it.

@T-Rexus said in Benchmark Error:

Amd phenom 2 X4 970

You suspecting the CPU is correct. That AMD CPU does not have AVX.

@Vampunk said in Benchmark Error:

@T-Rexus yea it never said to restart.... though i did just uninstalled, re-installed and restarted before booting it up and its the same thing. And i dont have any other options like a 2nd harddrive and a 2nd pc

What is your CPU?

@Ragnawind Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

@Ragnawind Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

Unfortunately, your CPU does not support AVX. This also means tha sometime next month, you won't even be able to play the normal PSO2 since the graphics update requires AVX, also, and it is a mandatory update.

@Ragnawind Shit Alright, I did not know that my cpu will not support this. Thank you though guys. Friends and i are gonna figure it out. Any other options are welcomed to!

@Ragnawind Shit Alright, I did not know that my cpu will not support this. Thank you though guys. Friends and i are gonna figure it out. Any other options are welcomed to!

If you have a Desktop, if you can find an Intel Core i3-7100, that is slightly better than your current CPU and supports AVX. It should fit the CPU socket type, also.