NGS Buy Premium Campaign?

Fortunately my current premium runs out in 2 days so I don't need to let it lapse to avoid wasting money at the current price. My only concern is I usually buy 90 days but I'm thinking there will probably be a campaign at or near launch so I'm planning on grabbing 30 days instead. Thoughts and opinions, anyone?

Personally, I'd avoid buying premium until release just so I could be fully aware of the benefits it would provide for NGS.

Too much stuff I keep in Premium Storage, no room in Character and Default Storage for it all. (Outfits, Outerware, Camos, etc.)

FYI if your sub runs out you can still withdraw the items from premium storage. You just can't deposit it back.

And then everything else gets full. I am considering letting it lapse, though.

It's not exactly a premium campaign but there was an NGS starter pack announced today that includes 30 days of premium.

starterpack.jpg

Think a lot of people are confused what premium set does for ngs and is waiting for more information

So does that mean you can buy it on Steam, Ms store, Epic Games store and AC shop for a total of x4 Rappy packs in total then? (It states Purchasable only once per store not per user account) Also any thoughts on whether it would be worth purchasing it x4 times too?

@Pok said in NGS Buy Premium Campaign?:

Think a lot of people are confused what premium set does for ngs and is waiting for more information

Yeah, we still need to hear more about what Premium is going to be going into NGS. Yesterday it was confirmed that NGS Mission Pass - or should that be "N-Mission Pass"? This naming... - isn't coming until 3-5 months after NGS, so are we going to get a price cut until then, or pay more than JP for nothing, or what?

I do fear a bit this might be a sudden cause of unexpected backlash to Sega and/or the community team going into NGS. 30 days of Premium is 1300 AC on JP and 1500 AC in Global, which has little to do with the relative cost of AC or exchange rates since 100 AC is both ¥100 and $1 in the respective services and with $1 floating around ¥110 if exchange rates were the reason our Premium should be 1200 rather than 1500 AC. On the other hand if it was to account for inflation (as $13 in 2012 is conveniently about $15 in 2020) that might indicate that JP could get a small price bump for NGS and they'd probably get a bit of complaint about that too.

Edit: Never mind, Premium is 1300 for 30 days now. The loss of gold tickets netted us a small discount on that price, though come NGS' Fall update we'll probably need to spend a net amount of SG on N-Gold Tickets for N-Mission Pass now which sucks a bit.

@maoriwanderer26 said in NGS Buy Premium Campaign?:

So does that mean you can buy it on Steam, Ms store, Epic Games store and AC shop for a total of x4 Rappy packs in total then? (It states Purchasable only once per store not per user account) Also any thoughts on whether it would be worth purchasing it x4 times too?

I assume that this is the case. Similar to how people were able to buy the Sonic/Tails Packs multiple times. Although with this pack in particular I feel like the user is losing out on value this time. Besides the premium/material storage. I guess you could potential sell off the n-rappy suit and etc. But would have to hold onto it for a while for it to truly be profitable. And I don't know how I feel about receiving the mono, dual, tri and etc. Makes me feel like it's going to be a grind to get materials lol.

@Yuria said in NGS Buy Premium Campaign?:

And I don't know how I feel about receiving the mono, dual, tri and etc. Makes me feel like it's going to be a grind to get materials lol.

I get the impression it will be briefly at first until they've had a chance to regenerate for a few days that we didn't have in CBT (that was the bottleneck, mostly for Trinite). To me that whole group of items looks like how the old premium packs were padded with half a dozen junk consumables like 50% triboosts and 500 grinders; nobody ever needed those, they were just there to pad the price which kind of sucks.

The pack would be way more appealing to me if it was just the outfit, stamp, motions, premium and storage for like $35, but I guess to a new player who doesn't know better a whole 30 of these mysterious Monotite things (that you'll be able to find in the newbie sector on day one) could sound super impressive? 🤷

Thanks I thought that may have been the case, as I did buy x2 sonic Packs myself :).

The reason I asked was I thought that was why the collab packs were being discontinued, so they wouldn't have players taking advantage of purchasing them on multiple platforms.

Guess I thought wrong lol.

so that's the reason the gathering nodes didn't respawn regulary in the beta. they gonna sell us the materials. they better change that mindset

@shadonic-0 I visited a location multiple times during the CBT (the larger cave behind the waterfall in one area) and was able to gather materials multiple times, so nodes do respawn.

Gathering materials may have been difficult during CBT, but that's likely due to the limited number of areas we had access to.

At launch I fully expect there to be multiple areas for each of the Mono/Di/Tri mats. Which should make it much easier to gather enough stuff to unlock potentals.

I actually found the gathering of materials to be the worst part about NGS. It was boring and a little frustrating at times.