Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?

got my Klaus weapon and units already.

@Doom-Smack said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Q: For units is there any star or level requirement in NGS? Like if you have god units is there any point doing basic lower star stuff to use.

If my memory is correct 3* units in the recent NGS CBT required level 5 to equip.

I do not remember seeing stat requirements on anything though. At the end of the CBT I tested some of the classes I hadn't touched and once I got each of them to level 5, I was always able to equip the same set of 3* units.

Assuming the level requirement for equipment stays the same, there's really no reason to prep super low level units. Hitting level 5 during the CBT took almost no time at all, so you will quickly be able to equip whatever units you transfer over from NGS.

@Doom-Smack the official statement I linked to on page 1 covers the rarity translation but does not mention level requirements...

I keep on saying it's a translation for a reason that bears repeating: per the official statement, everything that's allowed to come over from PSO2 can't be edited or sold at all, and if you go back to PSO2 anything you did in NGS will not transfer back (clothing/parts would be a special case, and there's a list that you'd default back to in PSO2.)

I also agree with @Xaelon that bringing over low-level stuff doesn't make a lot of sense since the early levels go by so quickly...

@Ryoga said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

@Eye-ce said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Are you prepping gear for the game?

no

@Eye-ce said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

If not, then why not?

Because I don't see a point in doing so. I won't put any effort beyond the bare minimum into NGS until they re-release the gameplay I want to have for it and even then I wouldn't go out of my way to optimize beyond what's acceptable until we arrive at the actual endgame.

What do you mean by "re-release the gameplay I want to have for it"? As in PSO2's gameplay? There is a reason for you to still play PSO2 so.. your reasoning doesn't sound, well, sound.

@Eye-ce I assume they are talking about one of the classes that won't be released in NGS until later, ie. Braver, Bouncer, Summoner, and unnamed Gunblade class.

@AndrlCh Oh! Thanks for the clarification. My bad for not understanding at first.

@AndrlCh said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

I assume they are talking about one of the classes that won't be released in NGS until later, ie. Braver, Bouncer, Summoner, and unnamed Gunblade class.

Almost, to be specific I was talking about one of the classes that hasn't even been announced for NGS.

@Xaelon @PrsnOfDsntrst Thanks good to know, wont bother doing anything with low level units then

I don't really remember the level req's of units. I got the 2 star ones and grinded them and forgot they existed. But weapon wise. 2 star was level 4 and 3 star was level 9. I'm assuming 4 star is gonna be 15 or higher.

I think there are some points overlooked on the details of the gear specs.

First of all, all info regarding the spec conversion of PSO2 made gears to NGS was just what people saw in the 1st JP CBT. The way how they convert PSO2 gears can change. This is important as they actually changed the level requirement of NGS made weapons between JP CBT1 and CBT2. The chance that they'll change some other point is not small.

Then, in JP CBT1, the required levels to equip weapons/units differed between PSO2 made gears and NGS made gears. Here's what I could collect info.

Rarity Req. Level Rarity Req. Level
PSO2 ★1 weapon (★1-6 in PSO2) 1 NGS ★1 weapon 1
PSO2 ★2 weapon (★7-12 in PSO2) 5 NGS ★2 weapon 8
PSO2 ★3 weapon (★13-14 in PSO2) 10 NGS ★3 weapon 11
PSO2 ★4 weapon (★15 in PSO2) 15 N/A
PSO2 ★1 unit (★1-6 in PSO2) 1? NGS ★1 unit 1
PSO2 ★2 unit (★7-12 in PSO2) 5 NGS ★2 unit 1
PSO2 ★3 unit (★13 in PSO2) 10 NGS ★3 unit 5

Next. JP CBT changed the required level of NGS made weapons between CBT1 and CBT2.

Rarity Req. Level Rarity Req. Level
★1 Weapon (CBT1) 1 ★1 Weapon (CBT2) 1
★2 Weapon (CBT1) 8 ★2 Weapon (CBT2) 4
★3 Weapon (CBT1) 11 ★3 Weapon (CBT2) 8

These points suggest that NGS development team is still working on the fine tunings of the gears for both the NGS made gears and gears brought from PSO2. To predict what will actually happen at the launch may be a difficult task.

Yet I suggest preparing a 2-star units (7-12 star in PSO2) won't harm. After all, any units of rarity 7-12 work (even the Hiei units from ARKS mission(?) or the Stella Wall sub units), and we just need to enhance them to +10. It's almost no cost 😃

@FoolsArcana I noticed a tweet showing a screenshot of Trois De Wand and it looks like having the required level of 8 to equip. Are you sure if the requirement for the 3-star was 9?

@Fiona-Respha I could very well be off on that. I might be mistaking that I got my 3 star weapon and equipped at level 9 with it being level 8. I went and took a look at some NA CBT vids on youtube real quick.

It does appear that 3 star weapons were level 8 and 3 star units were level 5.

https://youtu.be/igPl9XnZkEw?t=18273

Edit: A few minutes after the time linked in this video you can see him grinding a 3 star wep and a 3 star unit. You can pause while the info screen is pulled up to see the level req.

@FoolsArcana Ah, thank you for the info! It's good to know about actual gears data of global CBT.

@Fiona-Respha said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Yet I suggest preparing a 2-star units (7-12 star in PSO2) won't harm. After all, any units of rarity 7-12 work (even the Hiei units from ARKS mission(?) or the Stella Wall sub units), and we just need to enhance them to +10. It's almost no cost 😃

Oh yeah...that reminds me that I have some barriers and other "wall" units laying around that would make great filler until I can equip my Klauz/Riv stuff.

Nice table by the way, I didn't even know that kind of formatting was possible here.

I'll probably use my PSO2 stuff for fun or placeholder for better drops! ~~~~~

I wanna start out fresh equipment-wise. All I really want to bring are my Viola Magica and Mag...and my Matoi partner card.