Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?

@Knight-Raime @PrsnOfDsntrst

I honestly suspect that their fix for gathering is just going to be that we have more zones than in the CBT... In response to the negative feedback on the CBT2 survey about gathering being too rare, they just said "we feel like what we have right now is right".

Materials always spawn in specific spots at pretty decent rates, but those respawn timers... That won't be fixed by making the world bigger.

@PrsnOfDsntrst said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Regardless of the augment translation, starting NGS with 4* +40 weapon and units is still pretty significant. Not being able to edit them in any way (so no multi-weapon) is notable, but of minor significance. It means the pressure is off to do the mad dash to level cap while pouring every waking moment into the grind...

During CBT the max ground +35 pso2 15* had only 230 power this only 7 above an unground 3*.

I'm definitely surprised by a lot of the answers, but I understand why most people wouldn't prep gear for NGS, those who already have it ready will be happy to know that the conversion rate of their augments are still really good and good filler till they optimize their NGS gear in the future.

@LusterMain That's just it... On Friday, I did a lot of exploration and picked up everything I came across, which was quite a lot. Running the same routes on Sunday, nearly none of Friday's bounty could be found.

Observing the rate & location of resource respawning was something I was interested in during the beta, and what I didn't see concerns me...

As an example, I found the mono mineral was predominantly at the base of the cliffs in the wetland zone and were the first nodes I vacuumed up as soon as I noticed how they were distributed. I never saw them again for the remainder of the beta. The only things that respawned in that big cave in the waterfall zone were the resta/rez nodes and the enemies.

just like PSO2, the beta client kept a lot of logs, with the ActionLog recording details of what comes into and goes out of the character's inventory. I'm not clever enough to turn it into some sort of visualization, but they bear out what I stated above...

@ultimatecalibur said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Regardless of the augment translation, starting NGS with 4* +40 weapon and units is still pretty significant. Not being able to edit them in any way (so no multi-weapon) is notable, but of minor significance. It means the pressure is off to do the mad dash to level cap while pouring every waking moment into the grind...

During CBT the max ground +35 pso2 15* had only 230 power this only 7 above an unground 3*.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. Unless I missed something, everyone in the NGS beta started from scratch...

@PrsnOfDsntrst They are talking about the first JP CBT where players had access to their PSO2classic gear.

While their raw power is lower based on that, the fact that they get a full potential of 20%+ and the conversion of Augments will still keep them viable until a player accumulates enough resources to kit out their 3*+ NGS weapons, however.

I don't plan to make anything for NGS, as I'd rather keep my PSO2 gear optimised for PSO2. I'll take over whatever I have, but I'm not wasting materials specifically on gear that will be outclassed.

@AndrlCh LOL in not so many words, that's what I was getting at in my post!

Wasn't aware there was a separate JP beta. (This separate server deal will always rub me the wrong way, but MS money should prevent the content slow-walk that killed my enthusiasm for PSU.)

@Matt You have nothing to worry about since you can't edit or sell imported items; NGS has a translation table for the imports that does not follow the item back to PSO2:

First line from https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Augment_Conversion

"When importing equipment with Augments or S-Grade Augments from Phantasy Star Online 2, they will be replaced by Legaro Special Abilities of corresponding value while in New Genesis. These changes are temporary and the original Augments will remain upon returning to Phantasy Star Online 2."

@Matt You have nothing to worry about since you can't edit or sell imported items; NGS has a translation table for the imports that does not follow the item back to PSO2: First line from https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Augment_Conversion "When importing equipment with Augments or S-Grade Augments from Phantasy Star Online 2, they will be replaced by Legaro Special Abilities of corresponding value while in New Genesis. These changes are temporary and the original Augments will remain upon returning to Phantasy Star Online 2."

I know, what I mean is that I don't want to be spending PSO2 materials on NGS gear -- I want to use said PSO2 materials for PSO2 ventures. So basically, I will use the stuff as it transfers over to NGS as is, rather than prepping for NGS specifically and making something suboptimal for PSO2.

@Matt I, for one, wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. It's why I started off by saying "Regardless of the augment translation", since the translation really dilutes the imported augments--having them is just an added bonus, and optimizing for NGS doesn't make sense to me either. In my mind, even starting with an empty/unslotted 4* +40 is preferable to a zero-slot 1* +0 starting gear. Putting my other post another way, using the import, however unoptimized, means you can stockpile and wait to build a proper replacement instead of using materials on things that will be cast aside or to upgrade the replacement.

If we actually are in a boost week right now, I might consider trying to upslot and use transfer passes to put mission pass capsules, Origin Glare, Doom Break3 and Crack5 wherever I can...

I've been done with gearing since last month. When I finished the leveling campaign as well. Had it not been for the Road to NGS campaign I wouldn't even be logging into pso2 anymore.

All rivalate, Darkweave, lightwweave weapons weapons for all classes and Klauz units. No real reason to grind anymore.

@LusterMain

I really hope that doesn't remain as their stance. If I as a player had some way to manually refresh the spawn of said items (like say fast traveling back to the hub) It would be annoying but I could live with it. But from the little farming I did back in the beta I wasn't very encouraged by how many laps around the map I had to make just to see things respawn.

I've played Destiny where going to a section of the map and making a circle around it on repeat checking all possible spawns for said items was a common thing to do for a stretch of a half hour ish or more if you wanted to make the next visit less time consuming. I would 100% be willing to go through that again with NGS. They just have to let me.

@Eye-ce said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

Are you prepping gear for the game?

no

@Eye-ce said in Going into NGS: Are you prepping gear for NGS?:

If not, then why not?

Because I don't see a point in doing so. I won't put any effort beyond the bare minimum into NGS until they re-release the gameplay I want to have for it and even then I wouldn't go out of my way to optimize beyond what's acceptable until we arrive at the actual endgame.

@Knight-Raime your fast-travel idea had occurred to me on Sunday during the beta and I tried it on a smaller scale...

Each named section was instanced and there was a delay of about 5 seconds between crossing the zone wall and actually transferring, so I did the juvenile thing and slowly thrashed the zone transfer mechanism under the guise of stress testing but with "give me more resources, dammit!" in mind...

Nothing changed. A non-result is a result as well.

I should note that the green/red crates and the fruit trees were the only resource nodes that respawned for me, and in a reasonable timeframe. I hope the rates for everything else weren't set for longer than 48 hours...

To keep to the topic, last night I did find the announcement that said there's a 20% item shop boost until NGS launches...

I hadn't really been going out of my way to get any good affixes, but I did screen pickups for anything potentially useful. While I may play other classes to pass the time, I do enjoy the rifle-based stuff more and the AR is the only klauz weapon I've bought & "built". I only had a handful of the 50% augment aids, so this is what I was able to upslot to, trying to be rifle-Ph-relevant:

• Lightweave Klauz AR+35: S1 Skillful Adept, S2 Photon Descent 3, S3 Aggressive Will, S4 Amplified Adept, S5 Steadfast Expanse, Doom Break 3, Crack 5
  • Klauzdyne +10 back: S6 Guardian Shield, Aether Factor, Doom Break 3, Shiva Glare, Spirit 3
  • Klauznum +10 arms: S7 Fortified Attack, Aether Factor, Doom Break 3, Mitra Glare, Spirit 3
  • Klauzment +10 legs: S8 Skydance Support, Aether Factor, Doom Break 3, Origin Glare, Spirit 4 (UQ drop with S8 & glare)

Which results in (what I consider pretty average): 1356hp, 265pp, 1645mel, 4410rng, 1607tec, 953dex, 2198melD, 2230rngD, 2165tecD (with a dex mag). I might try to push the AR to 8 slots for Divine Order, but there's not much enthusiasm for it at the moment...

As I have an abundance of resources in PSO2 I'll be doing as much as I can to save resources in NGS. Im not being too particular in the best possible but just stuff thats decent. Ive even prepped 6* weapons to use at the start (that are high slot with decent conversion augments, not overboard affix them or anything, just a waste, the only weapons Im changing affix on are 15*). And god units.

Q: For units is there any star or level requirement in NGS? Like if you have god units is there any point doing basic lower star stuff to use.