PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!

Heads up, Astral Guardians ends in about 5 hours. I've had a lot of thoughts about this one, so many that I figured it was a good idea to share some of them in case others hadn't considered something they'd have wanted to.

Astral Guardians Ticket

Firstly, unlike the Mother's D Ticket and the Versus Annihilation Ticket, no campaigns have rewarded a choice ticket for Astral Guardians. So you don't need to worry about the possibility that you have one lying in storage somewhere that you might have forgotten about.

But if you have scratched up to a multiple of 40 and have a ticket you haven't redeemed, make sure you do before the set disappears because that ticket will not be redeemable afterwards. I think you'd be able to turn it into an SG Recycle Badge but that would be a huge loss.

And obviously if you've scratched Astral Guardians a partial amount and have a reduced number of scratches before the next choice ticket is rewarded, you might want to consider scratching the rest of the way to get and spend it. Or not! Read on.

Limited-Time SG Swap Shop

Kameo in the Shopping Plaza has a swap shop for SG scratch prizes and their recycle badges. Presently he has a lot of Episode 5 themed items; 15 music discs and a mag Evolution Device for Fairy Xiera.

These items will very likely depart in this coming maintenance, just as the Episode 4 items like the Mother and Aratron Head-mount accessories disappeared from the list when Mother's Disciples ended. If you want any of those, don't risk missing your chance!

Rewind: SG Collection

JP got a permanent SG cosmetic scratch at the start of April, that contains most of the prizes from all previous SG scratches including what to us is known as Astral Guardians.

For weeks I've been desperate for Global to share information on whether we'll get this, prior to the end of Astral Guardians. Thanks to Global changing the order of permanent scratches (on JP it was the third permanent scratch; on Global it'll be seventh at best), SG scratch has been delayed precisely long enough to give us some problems to think about. Starting with the biggest risk:

We might not get SG Collection at all

If you are absolutely 100% desperate to get one specific Astral Guardians item, it is probably worth burning 3200 SG to guarantee getting it now, even if you think it's likely it'll be available for less next week.

All the PSO2 team had to do to eliminate this risk was say, once, that it was coming. I have begged them in tweets, support tickets and suggestion topics for almost six weeks to give one confirmation and we just don't have it. Now other permanent scratches that JP got later are coming first, it might point to us never getting it.

SG Collection does not have everything in Astral Guardians

It's the same kind of "best of" revival that we've seen plaguing "Throwback" AC scratches and Mission Pass seasons, although it is missing less. Because the two Rewind sets that Global got last week are complete replicas of what JP got, we can be a little more confident that if we get SG Collection at all it'll probably have the same prizes that the JP one does.

If so, these are the prizes it'll have. If you want something specific from Astral Guardians and are confident we're getting SG Collection as JP have it, check this list and if it's not on there, you must get it from Astral Guardians anyway. As a brief summary: All six weapon camos, all five music discs, and both furnishings from Astral Guardians are in SG Collection. Most outfits and layered wear are as well, but their variant colours are not. Lastly most but not all emotes are, as there are three exceptions:

• 372: Alis Pose
  • 488: Xiao Pose
  • 541: Stratos Pose

Contrasting the delay increasing the risk we may never get SG Collection, it's also worth noting that SG Collection itself was created without any of the voice tickets that JP had in their SG scratch sets. This might have been planned back in March so JP and Global could get a unified prize list, and if so this would indicate we are getting SG Collection.

SG Collection might have a different choice ticket format

Thanks to the conversion of several items to AC-type for Rewind: Heroes and the recent announcement that Global is finally killing Fresh Finds Shop to adopt JP's Treasure Shop setup instead, it's possible that given its purpose of unified content preservation Global might similarly adopt the JP mechanism for getting choice tickets in SG Collection.

What does this mean? On Global, all SG scratches have given a choice ticket for that set on every 40th scratch. On JP it never worked like this, but instead you needed to trade 40 SG Recycle Badges to Kameo to get a choice ticket for the set presently running. The drawback is that consumes the items you recycled, the benefit is you can carry the badges into subsequent sets.

SG Collection only wants 25 badges per choice item, which we can probably expect regardless of the mechanism involved. It represents a significant saving at 1200 SG saved per item of choice. But because we don't know which mechanism we'll get, there's a choice to make:

• If we get the Global mechanism: It would be better to not scratch Astral Guardians and save the SG to scratch on SG Collection. If you scratch Astral Guardians with the expectation of turning the junk into SG Recycle Badges and then SG Collection uses the Global setup, you'd need to scratch even more on SG Collection and the extra scratches of Astral Guardians would be 100% wasted.

• If we get the JP mechanism: It would be better to scratch Astral Guardians until you get an Astral Guardians Ticket, use that, and then turn the junk items into SG Recycle Badges and use those on an SG Collection choice ticket as well.

But thanks to the delay, we just don't know! So the lack of information is forcing us to gamble to an extent.

Compounding this is the possibility that if we get the JP mechanism, we might also get an absolutely glorious 30% discount on the Recycle Badge cost of SG Collection choice tickets, from 25 to 17! JP had this for 3 weeks when SG Collection launched, and obviously it would not be possible if Global just gives SG Collection Tickets as a free bonus every 25 scratches.

If it helps, here's a table of the best and worst case scenarios depending on what you choose to do:

Action Best case Best case SG/item Worst case Worst case SG/item
Scratch Astral Guardians JP & 30% discount 954 Global 3200
Wait for SG Collection JP & 30% discount 1360 JP & no discount OR Global* 2000

* Obviously the true worst case scenario if you choose to wait is if we never get SG Collection at all because then an item you'd have been willing to spend 3200 SG on is gone forever. Sadly the delay to confirmation either way has denied us the ability to choose.

I'm about 18 spins away from getting a ticket for Astral Guardians, but I only have about half the amount of SG needed sadly.

To make matters worse, unless they moved them, it seems all the little charms and head mounts are already gone.

@Princesse-Jen said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

To make matters worse, unless they moved them, it seems all the little charms and head mounts are already gone.

Yeah, they were mostly limited to Mother's Disciples. Global never really said they were available alongside a particular SG scratch but that's how it seems to have played out.

There was a Fairy Xiera head mount, it and the Alis and Hariette charm accessories are gone, they were still there a couple days ago. The Mag devivce is still there for now. 9:44pm CDT

Ah, really? That is weird. Why'd they leave in the last couple days? It'd make more sense if they were mistakenly removed when one of the previous two SG scratches ended.

@Princesse-Jen said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

I'm about 18 spins away from getting a ticket for Astral Guardians, but I only have about half the amount of SG needed sadly.

I was extremely disappointed when I checked over a week ago to find the sg accessories gone. Like at least say they're going to leave on x day so we can prepare ahead of time.

Yeah, as Kodiakmax said, they removed everything (well, except music and Mitra's makeup)-- I actually went to check due to this post as those items were the ones I liked best from the SG Swap and they're all already gone. Removing them to begin with was really obnoxious ๐Ÿ˜•

I managed to use some SG to have 13 left, but I don't have 1,040SG (I'm like 600 short) nor can I really afford to just buy it as the prices for SG are just... terrible. Sadly pretty much exhausted every way to earn SG that would work fast. All I have is for completing the very first Challenge Quest and nobody runs it anymore ๐Ÿ˜•

Bemusingly the Episode 5 items in the SG Swap Shop are still there for now, so we are left completely clueless about when those might depart.

I was trying to mad dash like crazy to get enough pulls from that ticket for the first KK hair. Sadly I had 5 pulls left. Might've been able to do 1-3 more pulls since I was doing dailies for magetsu keys and farming buster medals for SG exchange. But I had got my second vaccine shot monday and have been out of commission. Seeing the perma SG scratch have both phulls hair and first kk hair gives me relief though. If we get it i'll gladly do more pulls for both.

I spose I could've spent money to get some SG, not like I don't already buy premium and occasionally 40-60 USD for AC scratches. But I didn't feel comfortable with SG costs as a whole.

I saw this coming and while it wasn't cheap, I managed to get nearly every single piece of Stylish Commission (namely the Stylish Commission Parts B, I merely lack the original Stylish Commission Parts) I wanted and got plenty of the copies of the "Ranger Jackets", (Stylish Commission [Ou] and Stylish Commission Silver [Ou]) to color change and match all of the matching basewear/innerwear outfits, whooo hoo! I even created a olive green/camo version of it with the Zodiac Camo [Ba] outfit from the new AC scratch Heroes, which looks awesome! I even managed to get Wolf's Quantum the Imperial launcher Camo and even his emote with the Launcher! I am very happy to say I'm done with Astral Guardians, my character's wardrobe in general and thankfully it was just in time.

To all others, I do hope we get most if not all of this in some comparable permanent SG scratch compilation as they have done with the AC scratches recently as mentioned above. Astral Guardians has some really unique and sought after fashion and camos in it, I'd hate to see it never be available again.

@Trigunman said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

I do hope we get most if not all of this in some comparable permanent SG scratch compilation

The permanent SG cosmetic scratch is already known. It's just been pushed down the queue on Global despite being the most-requested perma scratch for some reason.

@Miraglyth

@Miraglyth said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

I do hope we get most if not all of this in some comparable permanent SG scratch compilation

The permanent SG cosmetic scratch is already known. It's just been pushed down the queue on Global despite being the most-requested perma scratch for some reason.

If the JP servers have it, based on what they did with the AC scratch, it too most likely will come to us here on Global.

Patience then, all things comes to he who waits. ^_^

Thanks for the link, and YUSSSSS, I see Stylish Commission stuff! thumbsup

If the JP servers have it, based on what they did with the AC scratch, it too most likely will come to us here on Global.

I wouldn't bet on it, e.g. we were supposed to have Rinser weapons added to the badge exchanges and still didn't get them. The perma scratches we got are already missing a rather big number of sets and some of them are incomplete.

Yeah. I'd just prefer "most likely" to have been "definitely" before it was too late for us to be able to make an informed choice about whether to risk it. From a content perspective it's low risk but catastrophic consequence.

@Ryoga said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

The perma scratches we got are already missing a rather big number of sets and some of them are incomplete.

I'm disputing this. JP have got 10 permanent scratches and the 6 of those we've got all have matching Prize List sizes with no reports I've heard yet of prizes being replaced. In the order JP got them:

JP set JP Prize List size Global set ยน Global Prize List size
Mcollection 367 Rewind: Heroes 367
Fcollection 493 Rewind: Heroines 493
SGcollection 349 (Delayed)
FUN Collect 254 (Delayed)
My Room Collect 50 (Delayed)
McastcollectG 60 Rewind: CAST Heroes 60
FcastcollectG 63 Rewind: CAST Heroines 63
MAKEcollection 473 (Delayed)
Support Item Select 25 Rewind: AC Support Collection 25
SG Support Item Select 18 Rewind: SG Support Collection 18

ยน Global sets not linked as those pages do not list all prizes. Check in the game.

@Miraglyth said in PSA: Astral Guardians ends in 5 hours - What it means!:

I'm disputing this...

That just means they punished the jp players for the shenanigans they did with global as every set which appeared in the MP or the FF shop is missing from these scratches and the fact that some of them are incomplete still remains.