A question about NGS

How was the translation/localization in the beta? I'm mostly asking about the weapon descriptions,etc. Are they real, lore related descriptions or is it still "An item equipable as a sword"? I'm not checking out vids, I prefer to go in blind but I'd like to know about this one thing. The lack of descriptive text has always bothered me. I'm the kind of gamer that read all the books in Skyrim on the first playthrough.

Weapon and Unit descriptions in NGS are completely gone on both JP and Global. Other items like materials had standard descriptions.

@MoonRunestar Thanks! I was worried that parity would leave the translation rushed and lacking. The lack of in-game lore sucks a little but at least we're all equally miserable in that regard.

To add, during CBT there were some niche systems and features, like kudos, comms, certain small things, untranslated still, but nothing serious or game-breaking.

Some of the skill names for classes like the Fighter follow the original Japanese names (Limit Break is used again instead of the global version's "Overload") but personally to me the translation is otherwise very "barebones" and too early to tell just yet. Most of the vocabulary used actually are closer to the Japanese-used names so I would imagine if it is a matter of time for things to consolidate as the Japanese version also renamed Emergency Quests to "Urgent Quests" on their beta.

In terms of item descriptions you are looking again at something like what we already saw for the global version where a lot of the fluff you would have expected is just gone - but it now also gone from the Japanese side of the game too.

They really do need to redo the item translations in PSO2. The generic item descriptions are terrible.

@sonic65101 said in A question about NGS:

They really do need to redo the item translations in PSO2. The generic item descriptions are terrible.

Doesn't matter, weapon and armor descriptions don't exist in NGS for JP and GL.

@MarshalTobias32 Which is kinda sad for us lore nerds even if it simplifies the translation.