Cathy's Techter Guide

@Terraluna Personal recommendation, if you are planning on going Te/Ph, then you might be better off going Te/Fi since it is closer in style to Te/Ph and it won't get you accustomed to Te/Hu's safety nets.

Step Roll Advance does add i-frames to Wand's sidestep, but it is a single level and is the equivalent of taking 4 SP into any other class' Sidestep Plus.

@Cathy Ahh!!! Thank you!!

@AndrlCh said in Cathy's Techter Guide:

@Terraluna Personal recommendation, if you are planning on going Te/Ph, then you might be better off going Te/Fi since it is closer in style to Te/Ph and it won't get you accustomed to Te/Hu's safety nets.

Step Roll Advance does add i-frames to Wand's sidestep, but it is a single level and is the equivalent of taking 4 SP into any other class' Sidestep Plus.

If only bosses would stand still so we could hit them from the front or back, and not do tons of damage if we're close to them, and had tells for their attacks.

@AndrlCh Thanks for the info. I just already had hunter at 75 so seemed like an easy comparison.

Probably should get a hunter physique ring going, that skill is so nice

Otherwise phantom just seems way more appropriate for my tastes as long as i can still dodge stuff monster hunter style with the phantom version of evasion

@coldreactive said in Cathy's Techter Guide:

@AndrlCh said in Cathy's Techter Guide:

If only bosses would stand still so we could hit them from the front or back, and not do tons of damage if we're close to them, and had tells for their attacks.

You don't need bosses to stand still to make use of Fighter stances. 90% of the time they'll be facing you anyway.

@Cathy said in Cathy's Techter Guide:

You don't need bosses to stand still to make use of Fighter stances. 90% of the time they'll be facing you anyway.

90% of the time in UQs, they're usually facing someone else. But I guess I don't need to worry about that, or how facing works on limbs like Luther's arms.

Hey, so I've pretty much only played Te/Hu before (both here and JP), but I want to try Te/Ph when it's out. In the mean time I'm giving Te/Su, or maybe Te/Fi a try to get used to the hybrid style, so I have a few questions about techs. I was just wondering if the bonus from wind/dark/light mastery is big enough that I should only really use these elements as my damage spells, and just keep a spell of the other elements around to swap wand elements? Or is it worth using ice/fire/lightning spells on enemies that are weak to it, even as techer? And my other question is just how exactly does Tech Arts PA Bonus work for Te/Fi?

Tech Arts PA doesn't work on the wand elemental system for normal attacks/etc. But it should work if you use different Techs one after another. Heavy Hammer I don't think is in NA's version (Since it's Episode 5 content), which is the only Wand PA.

Coming back to Techter after maining Force for a bit and leveling all classes to 75. Going to start grinding weapons. Noticed this guide doesn't mention Slave/Nemesis weapons as part of the weapon progression. Would you recommend obtaining and using them for upgrades later down the line? Seems like the Nemesis/Slave wands have better potentials and better base dmg stats than the other 13 star wands we have. https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Wands_List

@Shmyules The guide was created before Slave and Nemesis were put in the NA version, so that is why there is no mention of them. But basically, yes, Nemesis and Slave are best-in-class at the moment.

Whelp there is no worthwhile content on JP to run for approximately two weeks so I'm gonna work a little on my guide. Since I was planning an overhaul anyway.

Despite using NA terminology I never considered that NA would handle Gear progression differently (and honestly when it comes to Nemesis & Slave they kind of blew it because now most weapons they release are inferior) so im gonna work on that. I'm also gonna change the format from a Google doc to a Wordpress blog so hopefully when the New Genesis Techter comes out I can easily expand that without having to deal with Google Doc page layout screwing me over. Oh yeah and I'm also gonna try and add JP terminology.

I'm also gonna add a Element weakness matching and Tech crafting section since i see that being asked a lot and I'm gonna expand the Subclass section to give more context on why certain classes work and do not work (partially because I'm tired of getting asked about Te/Bo).

The guide is also getting a visual overhaul and a mascot character which means that It's gonna take a long time before its finished but i hope it'll be worth it.

@Cathy Bless you.

@Cathy is Te/Br still viable till Etolie comes out?

@GrubbierFish975 eh. The multipliers are too conditional. It's niche.

Can you add a tech review section from the eyes of a techer?