New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts

@Guilrel said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

Does it stop at Sodam or do you go through all 3 phases of the fight?

All three phases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3o-CM21qms

It's impressive that anyone has even come close to clearing in a pug. I've pugged it three times and all didn't go well, to put it mildly. I try my best to be supportive, positive and encouraging but many of the players in pugs do have quite a long way to go before they may be able to clear it. Sad to say it but the gear check alone usually tells me that we're not getting past second form. Yes, yes: an extremely skilled player can beat d100 with no units, no mag, Riv weps etc. But often a lack of high level endgame gear does indicate a lack of progression in the game generally (for any wide number of reasons) .Gear Scores in NGS will be nice.

In any case this is not a quest designed for pugs. You do really reap a huge benefit from running it with highly skilled players in a prepared fashion (getting techter buffs beforehand from someone for instance). Further, it is extremely helpful if you can clear D100 because you'll have at least the Sodam phase down pat. This game is mostly practice (with some inborn aptitude and significant boosts to compensate for a lack of practice / aptitude from strong gear), so this will I think be something most avid players can clear with more practice. I think it's nice to have a challenge for a change. Also, although I haven't seen the video I did hear that there's been at least one duo clear (on JP tho where they have access to more powerful food buffs than Global does). So in theory only two players need to be seriously elite, the other two need to just Not Die. But ofc it's far better if everyone is around the same skill level.

And it's understandable that the most highly skilled players only want to run it with known quantities and don't run in pugs. I say that as a newer player who strives hard to be the best I can possibly be (while keeping my mh in mind lol), and still needs work in some areas. I don't feel entitled to run it with the best (tho I am happy to go if asked along to fill an empty spot!).

In a sense, this quest also tests one of the hidden 'skills' of PSO2: how good are you at networking with similarly skilled players? In this case for OP, it would probably be worth your while to try to find others via the Fleet Discord channel for your ship. Some ships also have their own discords. You may also look into transferring alliance to find an active one with stronger players who may sometimes need another person to fill a spot.

@Mjolnir said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

(on JP tho where they have access to more powerful food buffs than Global does).

the only foods that come to mind are the "PSO2Day Donuts" +220 (all-attack) given every PSO2Day & the Idola Steak +150 (all-attack) which JP has an exchange for earning points by playing Idola to buy them.

Where as Global only got the Donut for Ultra PSO2Day (2/2/21 & 2/22/21) & the Idola Steak was a code (I think?) or Idola promotion. (either way both were limited on Global).

Does it stop at Sodam or do you go through all 3 phases of the fight? I almost made it with my random group once until both of us died at the last second. Our combination of using Hero Time and Luster Time as mush as we can definitely fits the requirement of knowing how to play your class to beating this boss.

you gotta beat all 3 phases of the fight in that 22:22 time limit.

@Church10129 said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

(on JP tho where they have access to more powerful food buffs than Global does).

the only foods that come to mind are the "PSO2Day Donuts" +220 (all-attack) given every PSO2Day & the Idola Steak +150 (all-attack) which JP has an exchange for earning points by playing Idola to buy them.

Where as Global only got the Donut for Ultra PSO2Day (2/2/21 & 2/22/21) & the Idola Steak was a code (I think?) or Idola promotion. (either way both were limited on Global).

and tbh when I beat it with my pre made group we used the meat stir fry (don't know if the Global name is the same) but the point is with that food alone and the team tree buff, Shifta and Shifta drink you can win the fight as long as you don't die and understand the class you are playing to a good level alongside how to beat the time waste mechanics the UQ has for example last phase has some time wasting since people think to go for the buffs but this is a mistake in a way since you have to keep hitting him or you will lose the 5-10 seconds each time he slams down the wrong hand to do damage to him which could be the difference between win or time out. To anyone thinking this quest is hard and should be nerfed or something I say it is meant to be hard and strict since it is testing you for a final time before NGS so make sure you got your affixed Klauz weps and units before even trying to fight him otherwise you will most likely lose to him on time otherwise ensure you know the Level 100 UQ Sodam and Gomorous (You can trigger them with 8 RWB5 exchange in the exchange shop) since most of the fight is the same but with more hurt. Lastly it will take a few fails but learn the new phase added since it is super punishing and I have seen it end many runs to deaths.

Does it stop at Sodam or do you go through all 3 phases of the fight?

All three phases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3o-CM21qms

It's impressive that anyone has even come close to clearing in a pug. I've pugged it three times and all didn't go well, to put it mildly. I try my best to be supportive, positive and encouraging but many of the players in pugs do have quite a long way to go before they may be able to clear it. Sad to say it but the gear check alone usually tells me that we're not getting past second form. Yes, yes: an extremely skilled player can beat d100 with no units, no mag, Riv weps etc. But often a lack of high level endgame gear does indicate a lack of progression in the game generally (for any wide number of reasons) .Gear Scores in NGS will be nice.

In any case this is not a quest designed for pugs. You do really reap a huge benefit from running it with highly skilled players in a prepared fashion (getting techter buffs beforehand from someone for instance). Further, it is extremely helpful if you can clear D100 because you'll have at least the Sodam phase down pat. This game is mostly practice (with some inborn aptitude and significant boosts to compensate for a lack of practice / aptitude from strong gear), so this will I think be something most avid players can clear with more practice. I think it's nice to have a challenge for a change. Also, although I haven't seen the video I did hear that there's been at least one duo clear (on JP tho where they have access to more powerful food buffs than Global does). So in theory only two players need to be seriously elite, the other two need to just Not Die. But ofc it's far better if everyone is around the same skill level.

And it's understandable that the most highly skilled players only want to run it with known quantities and don't run in pugs. I say that as a newer player who strives hard to be the best I can possibly be (while keeping my mh in mind lol), and still needs work in some areas. I don't feel entitled to run it with the best (tho I am happy to go if asked along to fill an empty spot!).

In a sense, this quest also tests one of the hidden 'skills' of PSO2: how good are you at networking with similarly skilled players? In this case for OP, it would probably be worth your while to try to find others via the Fleet Discord channel for your ship. Some ships also have their own discords. You may also look into transferring alliance to find an active one with stronger players who may sometimes need another person to fill a spot.

Well not really, we just almost beat the second phase and I bet that's as close as anyone can get with pugs since it does seem like you have to have good connections with good players before hand. The video that showcases a Gunner Main Hero in the fight doesn't really help me that much since it seems like it showcases the gear more than the skills, even though I think it's meant to show how skillful the player is with good gear rather than the opposite. I get Hero Time pretty quickly in the first phase since isn't that the main strength of the Hero class which I can see I almost hit 1 million for the final strike Hero Sword Finisher of a weakpoint damage on its eye.

@YagyuChan said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

and tbh when I beat it with my pre made group we used the meat stir fry (don't know if the Global name is the same) but the point is with that food alone and the team tree buff, Shifta and Shifta drink you can win the fight as long as you don't die and understand the class you are playing to a good level alongside how to beat the time waste mechanics the UQ has for example last phase has some time wasting since people think to go for the buffs but this is a mistake in a way since you have to keep hitting him or you will lose the 5-10 seconds each time he slams down the wrong hand to do damage to him which could be the difference between win or time out. To anyone thinking this quest is hard and should be nerfed or something I say it is meant to be hard and strict since it is testing you for a final time before NGS so make sure you got your affixed Klauz weps and units before even trying to fight him otherwise you will most likely lose to him on time otherwise ensure you know the Level 100 UQ Sodam and Gomorous (You can trigger them with 8 RWB5 exchange in the exchange shop) since most of the fight is the same but with more hurt. Lastly it will take a few fails but learn the new phase added since it is super punishing and I have seen it end many runs to deaths.

Well at this point, there should be a minimum requirement guide so people can the equipment and gear needed to win before looking up on how to utilize their class to their fullest. And with NGS seemingly to be coming out after June 9 according the Calendar but hopefully it isn't, I don't think it's too unreasonable to not refuse players who say they hardly ever die in the UH Face of the Abyss, which I hope you meant when you say people should know 100 UQ Sodam and Gomorous and get the quest from RWB5.
So hopefully when it comes to asking for help, people who are having trouble in the quest aren't intimidated and discourage by too many players who refuse to help them after taking a look at their gear and saying its bad, which I'm not helping much in quelling the elite players perception and there could be alot more nice ones than casuals might hear about. But from what it sounds like there's a lot of prep that's needed to go into the fight that you can't just do like for Esca and things will get particularly crowded when there are going to be songs that happen before it. Other than trying to ask people in the lobby and hope for the best and how hard it is to even get the help of an Alliance if you're in one already that's made up of mostly not so often present friends, prep work will definitely be the hardest thing to do for the socially awkward.

In JP recruitment pugs, people want you to have one of the following titles:

1. S-Rank Solo Depth 100 Sodam Title
  2. Eternal Loner
  3. Twisted with Hatred Clear Title

Those titles essentially prove to people that you know what you're doing, as all 3 require you to have good understanding of the game and decent gear.

You could hop pugs until you find people with these titles.

Eternal Loner is considered the most prestigious title as that is harder than clearing this Urgent, especially since you can't get carried.

I thought premium weak drink works better than shifta drink but I could be wrong?

@Cakewalk said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

I thought premium weak drink works better than shifta drink but I could be wrong?

They both have the same effect only difference is the premium weak drink has more sub benefits if I remember correctly.

@Cakewalk said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

They both have the same effect only difference is the premium weak drink has more sub benefits if I remember correctly.

The premium weak drink L is the sub effect, it’s main effect is generally a random status resist, you don’t get any pp eco, photon blast acc, xp etc. But it does do about 5% more damage than the large shifts drink on weak spots, you’ll also get the extra 5% damage on anywhere that has a weak bullet

I just hope that this DO NOT REPEAT IN NGS, otherwise I might just quit the game, because what is the meaning about it if you can't beat the game because of the others.

@Speed-Saber said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

I just hope that this DO NOT REPEAT IN NGS, otherwise I might just quit the game, because what is the meaning about it if you can't beat the game because of the others.

It is the final challenge it’s not meant to be easy, and it is primarily a multiplayer game. It doesn’t really mean anything, just need to try again, maybe try looking for a different group of players to run with. It probably doesn’t help that this is really the first time we’ve had a UQ with the same difficulty as JP, the other ones that were notorious for falling like Deus we had it a lot easier, either cause of having access to stronger weapons, or having access to later episodes balances and patches etc. So this is quite a big step up for a lot of players.

Has for NGS I don’t think you’ll be seeing anything with this level of difficulty for a while. It’s a new game with new mechanics that people need to learn, so I’ll imagine their will be a gradual increase in difficulty has we progress through content and updates.

I sadly haven't gotten to try it. Been too focused on level grinding classes out. Down to my last to, and considering NGS is days away, I likely won't get to any time soon, given that everyone will likely be moving on to greener pastures.

Bragging thread to me! I am not pro but try really hard at trying to be good at the game. But I just can’t Win! Maybe my fingers just don’t move as fast as everyone else.

But I have also seen these so called self proclaimed Pro players face down Ass up point to someone else to draw attention alway from themselves and there true lack of skills.

I suck at the game but still going to give it a heartfelt try because I enjoy the game as much as you do if not more.

@RainGnyu me neither, but in the same way I like to improve as hard as I can, but all that improvement is wasted for the lack of interest in the player base, and if you check my replies before I explain what I did trying to solve the problem and didn't work, but in any case I just like to have this thread as finished 'casue NGS is at the corner and there's no reason for me to keep suffering here if I can start again, hopefuly with better conditions than the actual ones, and please don't misunderstand me I am not trying to brag in any way, I was despair, seeking for a solution to the lack of players, and the solution is NGS

For some reason I don’t see this game dying! I can’t put my finger on it but there something it that I think people are going to be hanging around.......is it because of the community non-Judgmental atmosphere?