New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts

After trying a lot of this abomination, I just got to the conclution that here in global this just doesn't work as planed, 'cause even if it was made for the players that care to get good gear and personal skill, because how things has been done on the game, there's just a few ones that care to prepare for this, and worst part is that there's so few players that can actually run this, that it become a Privated Urgent Quest, if SEGA want to put this UQ at least they could add a single player option like in the past, a content that almost no one can run it well because players don't care to improve at the game sucks, I have thousands of hours on the game, I've been practicing a lot, I care a lot of this game, but if the rest don't have enough gear or skill it doesn't matter 'cause you have to play on team so all your effort is worthless, this is not JP where the players got plenty of time to prepare themselfs, and because NGS is at the corner it became even worst, now there's even less players triyng to even get the grip on the Ultra Hard content, and I don't even need to mention the OTHERS UQ's that got here on Ultra Hard, they practically unplayable 'cause the same reason... seriously I even try to carry players, I tryed weird stuffs just to get a better peak of dps and nothing matters because you need the other three player to be reliable, I really like the game, but at this rate is just what people are saying, the game is dying and I don't like that. The minimum thing that SEGA could do is to add more solo options to the current content just to be able to play the game comfortably.

... But this is just me, I'm just one number more, what do you think about it guys?

@Speed-Saber said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

, if SEGA want to put this UQ at least they could add a single player option like in the past

Not to rain down, but Final Battle: Space-Time Interstice does exist, where you can face Sodom lv 200 solo, granted you reach depth 100. Sure it doesn't have the light & dark phases featured in Twisted With Hatred, but that's unique to that UQ.

On a side note: whether it work as planned or not doesn't matter, its part of the content they intended to keep true to their word. (not including a vast number of other things that won't be mentioned). Its a shame that Global was put on such a tight schedule & there wasn't more time to flesh out for more gearing or skill gaining time.

,I don't even need to mention the OTHERS UQ's that got here on Ultra Hard, they practically unplayable 'cause the same reason...

Well I think its more of new players are getting such ridiculous Bonus EXP & tons of bonus keys that they shoot up to UH with no inkling of the UQs they're playing. When it came to mining base in general, it wasn't well received, and some will say it was "Dead on Arrival" plus the UH version doesn't make it any easier since "prior tactics" for XH don't work or UH (or so I've heard).

Sure older players might try to pug it, but when they see things like: the towers not being defended by at least 1 or 2 ppl, red towers being ignored, & practically the entire mpa running across map for a single boss, doesn't exactly inspire hope the next run to be any better.

Hopefully Omega Apprentice UH isn't that troublesome..

After trying a lot of this abomination, I just got to the conclution that here in global this just doesn't work as planed, 'cause even if it was made for the players that care to get good gear and personal skill, because how things has been done on the game, there's just a few ones that care to prepare for this, and worst part is that there's so few players that can actually run this, that it become a Privated Urgent Quest, if SEGA want to put this UQ at least they could add a single player option like in the past, a content that almost no one can run it well because players don't care to improve at the game sucks, I have thousands of hours on the game, I've been practicing a lot, I care a lot of this game, but if the rest don't have enough gear or skill it doesn't matter 'cause you have to play on team so all your effort is worthless, this is not JP where the players got plenty of time to prepare themselfs, and because NGS is at the corner it became even worst, now there's even less players triyng to even get the grip on the Ultra Hard content, and I don't even need to mention the OTHERS UQ's that got here on Ultra Hard, they practically unplayable 'cause the same reason... seriously I even try to carry players, I tryed weird stuffs just to get a better peak of dps and nothing matters because you need the other three player to be reliable, I really like the game, but at this rate is just what people are saying, the game is dying and I don't like that. The minimum thing that SEGA could do is to add more solo options to the current content just to be able to play the game comfortably.

... But this is just me, I'm just one number more, what do you think about it guys?

Even in Japan when this quest first came out, the clear rate was only 1-2%, not sure what it is now. This quest was designed has a final graduation, and was meant to be a test for upper end of the skill spectrum. So I’d say the quest is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

The game has plenty of content that you can do solo that will progressively test your skill, they include. Solo Risk Realm, Divide Quests, Solo Sodam, Masq, and Endless.

Different game, same thing every time. Very top end of difficulty is always going to require a pre-made group setup and geared properly to beat. You're generally not going to get it with pugs and this is was meant as a final challenge. If you can't do it, too bad. Not everyone beats the highest difficulty in every game. IF you really want to do it, find a "private" group that wants to really push and work on it.

As for solo stuff. There is plenty to do solo and has been for a while now. Gotta remember this is a mmo. It's multiplayer. The majority of the content is going to be for multiple players. Don't like it? go play an offline rpg or something else. There's tons of solo games out there, not every game is going to pander to you. It's a fact of life, enjoy what solo content there is if that's you're thing but stop expecting a multiplayer game to offer solo stuff for everything.

@Sparhawk "Very top end of difficulty is always going to require a pre-made group setup and geared properly to beat. "

Exactly this. Dont try this quest with random people you wont finish it. Also dont run it with weak gear because he has ALOT of HP and deals alot of damage. On top of his normal 1 hit attack he can in fact 1 hit you with his regular attacks if you dont pick the HP drink. If you pick the HP drink you lose dmg because you cant use the dmg drink.

To beat this you need as much damage as possible including Tree Buff and the drink. Also you should know this boss in and out because you dont wanna get hit with any of his harder hitting attacks. Also maybe try and get a Techter to run with you because that Shifta and Deband buff comes in very handy on top of the Zanverse.Having someone for Resta and Anti can also save you from losing one of the 2 lifes you have.

So yeah sadly this is a Premade only Quest.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

@Sparhawk "Very top end of difficulty is always going to require a pre-made group setup and geared properly to beat. "

Exactly this. Dont try this quest with random people you wont finish it. Also dont run it with weak gear because he has ALOT of HP and deals alot of damage. On top of his normal 1 hit attack he can in fact 1 hit you with his regular attacks if you dont pick the HP drink. If you pick the HP drink you lose dmg because you cant use the dmg drink.

To beat this you need as much damage as possible including Tree Buff and the drink. Also you should know this boss in and out because you dont wanna get hit with any of his harder hitting attacks. Also maybe try and get a Techter to run with you because that Shifta and Deband buff comes in very handy on top of the Zanverse.Having someone for Resta and Anti can also save you from losing one of the 2 lifes you have.

So yeah sadly this is a Premade only Quest.

While I don’t deny this should really be done with a premade group, and you need decent gear to be able to do it, I don’t know anyone that uses hp drink for it, you definitely don’t need to use it.

I’m a phantom and I’m generally the only tech user in our group, so I tend to swap to techter to buff everyone at the start, then leave and swap back to phantom. So I’m doing the run with no hp drink, none of the extra hp or def you get from the techter buff, and theirs only a few attacks that will straight out one shot me.

Has for expecting to know the run inside and out, well yeah, the baseline for this UQ is a group that where each member can clear depth 100 of solo Sodam, so anyone that’s down that should know the run inside and out, except the new phase that is.

@Church10129 said in New Urgent Quest: Twisted With Hatred Thoughts:

Well I think its more of new players are getting such ridiculous Bonus EXP & tons of bonus keys that they shoot up to UH with no inkling of the UQs they're playing.

This is going to get worse btw., with the release of NGS I expect the general "quality" of MPAs to drop significantly as many of the old players are going to move on to NGS and many new players are most likeky going to be low effort NGS players who just play base PSO2 in order to get specific camos.

This puts more of a burden on those who stay with base PSO2 which also have to deal with the fact that items required to "finish up" their builds are going to be much harder and worst case scenario impossible to obtain (e.g. RNG drops from niche content and the stat capsules from the Mission Badge exchange shop). The global version not getting some crucial catch-up exchanges, most notably the Rinser weapons, doesn't help here either.

Hopefully Omega Apprentice UH isn't that troublesome..

Well I've yet to see it fail but getting a S rank requires a sub 25 min clear which is rare if you're pugging it but to be fair it's not just the players fault, SEGA is also to blame here as they never brought the Dark Blasts up to UH standards which actually matters here because the UQ forces you into DB Luther for the main part of the boss fight.

The thing is, I don't have any issue to beat Sodam at any quest, wheter is Normal UQ, Ultimate deph 100, heck even Divide Quest, I beat it always whitout dying, but once more, I tryed different stuffs like the ones that I stated in the inicial post and also excluding playes that don't have good gear, making a pre-made group, sharing strategies, comunicating... the list goes on, and still everyone dies on me or if not, the DPS is horrible because even if we got the gear and the strategy, the lack of personal skills shows off there, and in the end I haven't find anyone that is reliable to do it; I've been looking on diferent discords chanels, diferent alliances, differents blocks, types of players, and still haven't find a good group, at least in the way PSO2 behave I prefer to rely solely on me than in others, I play way better alone in general that in teams, it's rare that I find reliable player to do hard content in general, and because of that I don't think this is the fault of the player base, 'cause after all what I've done and still don't find anyone to do hard content makes me realize that SEGA did something wrong with the game.

And the excuse of doing Sodam deph 100 in exchange it does not apply, because I want both the victory in the new content AND also the rewards, I already have everything on end game, either is plenty of weapons, units, affixes, weapons for NGS, BUT STILL I do want to keep getting even more, I don't care if I already have the gear I want the rewards and play the game at it's fullest, thats why I rather preffer that if SEGA don't understand the issues here on global at minimum they make things for players to play by themselfs, 'cause in general western audience tend to be more individualist than team players (or else why they keep runing hard content with pretty bad gear and personal skills, ruining the effort of the others, leechers maybe?) even though theres good groups of playes in every game that allows team work; our way to do things differ from eastern audience, and thats not saying that the game should be just single player, but to add the option to do it alone, and also players can still do what commonly you see in lobbyes, just chatting and socializing, wich is good, and that is proof that the game still have mmo aspects, but not good enough bases to make the players to get a grip on the hard part of the game.

And once more, I like the game and If I wont gonna be able to play it because of the players, then I just gonna drop the majority of the content and just focus on the simplistic parts of it, untill NGS arrives and then hopefully this does not repeat again there... at least there's gonna be the Battle Power to force players to get good gear... if that's going to help somehow, because personal skills are hard to prove, expert matchmaking didn't work in JP.

I can attest to Expert Matching not working in JP servers and I have graduated from PSO2 over there after beating Twisted with hatred as an Etoile but I needed a pre made group of super affixed friends that play out of their minds to beat it with 45 seconds left. Every time I tried with randoms we lost by time or exceeding the incapacitation limit.

For me: it's fun, if you find 3 other people who can keep up the dps and not die. Desperately needs a trigger version. It made me miss the days of Deus rematches or Dragon though....

Please limit to those who have a title such as Light that Sunders Darkness. The equipment is unreliable.

The thing is, I don't have any issue to beat Sodam at any quest, wheter is Normal UQ, Ultimate deph 100, heck even Divide Quest, I beat it always whitout dying, but once more, I tryed different stuffs like the ones that I stated in the inicial post and also excluding playes that don't have good gear, making a pre-made group, sharing strategies, comunicating... the list goes on, and still everyone dies on me or if not, the DPS is horrible because even if we got the gear and the strategy, the lack of personal skills shows off there, and in the end I haven't find anyone that is reliable to do it; I've been looking on diferent discords chanels, diferent alliances, differents blocks, types of players, and still haven't find a good group, at least in the way PSO2 behave I prefer to rely solely on me than in others, I play way better alone in general that in teams, it's rare that I find reliable player to do hard content in general, and because of that I don't think this is the fault of the player base, 'cause after all what I've done and still don't find anyone to do hard content makes me realize that SEGA did something wrong with the game.

And the excuse of doing Sodam deph 100 in exchange it does not apply, because I want both the victory in the new content AND also the rewards, I already have everything on end game, either is plenty of weapons, units, affixes, weapons for NGS, BUT STILL I do want to keep getting even more, I don't care if I already have the gear I want the rewards and play the game at it's fullest, thats why I rather preffer that if SEGA don't understand the issues here on global at minimum they make things for players to play by themselfs, 'cause in general western audience tend to be more individualist than team players (or else why they keep runing hard content with pretty bad gear and personal skills, ruining the effort of the others, leechers maybe?) even though theres good groups of playes in every game that allows team work; our way to do things differ from eastern audience, and thats not saying that the game should be just single player, but to add the option to do it alone, and also players can still do what commonly you see in lobbyes, just chatting and socializing, wich is good, and that is proof that the game still have mmo aspects, but not good enough bases to make the players to get a grip on the hard part of the game.

And once more, I like the game and If I wont gonna be able to play it because of the players, then I just gonna drop the majority of the content and just focus on the simplistic parts of it, untill NGS arrives and then hopefully this does not repeat again there... at least there's gonna be the Battle Power to force players to get good gear... if that's going to help somehow, because personal skills are hard to prove, expert matchmaking didn't work in JP.

That sucks you haven’t found anyone to do it with, theirs groups and alliances out their that can do it, but it’s a small amount. I never seen the percentage at the end higher than 22%. So with 1% being for each group that finished that’s 88 people, plus probably a few later starters that finished afterwards, so at most from what I’ve seen, only around 100 people have cleared HTPD on any single UQ. On ship 1 anyway, I’m not sure if that % is for each ship or is shared between all of them.

If you’re on ship 1 I can point you to some very good players, but most people will probably want to do runs on other content with you first, I doubt very many would want to HTPD with someone they haven’t seen play before.

I don’t agree that every piece of hard content should be solo only, this is the only piece of hard content that we have at the moment that can’t be done solo. Most of the hard endgame content can be done either solo or in groups (risk realm, divide, endless, or TA if you’re into that) or is straight out solo content anyway (masq, Sodam) so you’ve got a lot that’s already catered towards solo play. The game has often had challenging mpa content, well JP did, we had an easier time due to the gear and balances that we got straight out of the gate. A really good example was Deus in JP, that was a major challenge when that first launched in jp.

Jp have had a lot more time with this game than we have, and they still struggled with this UQ, so having more time doesn’t necessarily mean this would be any easier to find a group to clear it with. It’s meant to be hard, it’s the final challenge of the game.

It's been gradually getting better I was surprised that it was up to 42% last night on Ship 2. I assume each ship % is separate from each other. So people are in fact learning as much as they can during a run and gradually improving at least from all the pre-made groups. Pugs I almost have little to no faith on because as it is it's mostly just a toss up with who you get. For those random early morning queues I've done when no one else is on it's a lack of people actually being geared for the fight itself.

Not to rain down, but Final Battle: Space-Time Interstice does exist, where you can face Sodom lv 200 solo, granted you reach depth 100. Sure it doesn't have the light & dark phases featured in Twisted With Hatred, but that's unique to that UQ.

The exclusive light & dark phase is the biggest problem I have with this urgent quest. If at least that phase was included in the solo ultimate quest, I wouldn't mind enduring the grind to unlock depth 100 just to fight that phase, but I hate that this phase is locked into a 4 player UQ with a very strict time limit, it's almost impossible to do it without a pre-made group...

Does it stop at Sodam or do you go through all 3 phases of the fight? I almost made it with my random group once until both of us died at the last second. Our combination of using Hero Time and Luster Time as mush as we can definitely fits the requirement of knowing how to play your class to beating this boss.