I hope party beacon can return to NGS

Party beacon is probably the most unique way to encourage people to party up. It had always made me appreciate how easy it was to recruit people or join up with other's party. No need to spam lfg or trying to click people and go through the tedious menu options, which is something I've always hated in other games.

During CBT this nightmare was back because the party beacon function is gone. It was a bit annoying when my alliance mate told me to stop moving, so he can click while their models have not yet finish loading in my screen.

I agree, but I would also like to point out that you can invite people through the Nearby Characters option, so there is no need to have to go through the hassle of clicking on their character.

@AndrlCh Yep, and you can also invite people through the friends list (and possibly the alliance list too, but I didn't check that one).

Party beacon would be great for NGS, very convenient.

I do like that parties are retained throughout the content though. Changing sectors, changing instances for cocoons, towers and Emergency Quests... come to think of it, were parties even retained when someone changed blocks? 🤔

But yes, beacons for quick assembly for Emergency Quests in particular - or even a toggle setting to auto-party towards the end of a countdown - would be nice conveniences.

Yeah, the beacon definitely needs to return in NGS. It's one of the easiest, most convenient ways to form a party I've ever seen in an MMO.

I feel like maybe the Ryuker Devices could have the function of a beacon added into the menu since people teleport to those often when joining instances and then youre right there and can see the parties lfg in the area. Just an idea.

@Miraglyth said in I hope party beacon can return to NGS:

...come to think of it, were parties even retained when someone changed blocks?

Yes, the party is retained if that happens. My party leader during beta wanted to teleport back to the city to get ready for the upcoming Urgent Quest, and the area we were farming in filled immediately after they did. When they tried teleporting back to the area to join back with the rest of the party, they were thrown into a completely different block. The party was still retained.

The trick, however came to when queuing up for the Urgent. The party leader queued the entire party up when they were still unable to get back to us, but we weren't reunited for it. So there's a chance at the time, the party leader was the only one with their name displayed in blue while the others were displayed in white.

TL,DR:

• Queuing up for UQ while the party members are scattered across blocks should be reunited.

• Areas need to preserve the amount of players in an area when a party member is planning on coming back. (i.e 32/32, one player in a party teleports to city real quick should still keep the area at 32/32).

@Mister-Sparkle said in I hope party beacon can return to NGS:

Yes, the party is retained if that happens. My party leader during beta wanted to teleport back to the city to get ready for the upcoming Urgent Quest

That doesn't change block though. Rooms are still in a block, which is pretty strange IMO.

The overall block must have been full then. Either way, that party member was completely unable to come back to us, which sucks. 😕

On topic though: Yes to Party Beacons.

@Mister-Sparkle said in I hope party beacon can return to NGS:

The overall block must have been full then.

More likely, the room you were in was. Rooms are specific to a sector, so if you were in a Mt. Magnus room on, say, block 010, then the block had its own capacity of presumably 50-200 but the room also had a separate capacity of 8 and if that fills up your parties would get split.

I think the only (or at least main) ways to change block was to specifically select to block transfer at a Ryuker device or when matchmaking to start an Emergency Quest.

As long as they remove the bonus you get from being in a party, then whatever. In PSO2, it's too enticing for some people to ignore.

@Yggranya It exists in NGS Beta already and is at max 10%

That lower number may reduce some of the toxicity that we've seen in Global over PUG parties at least. 40% looks atractive while10% may incentivise without people getting as angry if they don't get it. Here's hoping, anyway!

@Kodiakmax said in I hope party beacon can return to NGS:

40% looks atractive while10% may incentivise without people getting as angry if they don't get it.

The issue is them still having it at all. Parties are there so that those who want to play together can stay together but that's about it. Everything beyond that has just caused more harm than good. Do people still get thrown out of the instance if the leader kicks someone out of the party or disbands it? I hope not otherwise SEGA hasn't learned anything at all.