And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.

@JuggernautGTX said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

it clearly seperates MS from Xbox One

It clearly said the PSO2 open beta rewards were for Xbox and during open beta. Yet here's what I was greeted with when I registered on PC, having never played PSO2 on Xbox, six weeks after open beta ended.

a5decc3c-c4e9-48c2-85b2-9041e6488f04-image.png

I also have it on reasonable authority that these "open beta" rewards were still being given out to new users playing via Microsoft Store as recently as mid-April this year, about a year after open beta ended.

The website's announcements have historically had gaps. We saw that this week with the Rewind: Heroes announcement. We might be seeing it with that announcement since the Xbox One / Microsoft Store / Epic Games Store camo lists only have three of the four camos they previously had and curiously always the first three. We might have seen it with the Steam title announcement since it never actually had an end date and those rewards may remain accessible to new users by completing the tasks in PSO2 anyway just as you did up to 9 months ago.

@Miraglyth ya thats weird indeed cause you can still claim ms store and xbox beta rewards even if you started with steam - maybe it was intended to work that way....but the new NGS announcement leads to the assumption that it wont be the case anymore as the old campaigns will stop working

@Miraglyth said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

The website's announcements have historically had gaps.

just like the big NGS release leak where the end of events got changed from june 9th to "start of ngs launch" - a big whoopsie

@JuggernautGTX said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

how you wanna claim it worked since pc launch if the game hasnt even been launched in the first place

Multiple people have already proven that if you make a PC account on the Microsoft Store you get any rewards labeled as "for" Xbox One.

It stands to reason that it will behave the same way when NGS comes out due to how Microsoft largely considers their PC and Xbox platforms to be the same in terms of overall content.

What makes you think they will change how this works when NGS comes out?

This thread seems redundant to be made, considering that all available information is in the announcements/news and that there really isn't a loss of rewards.

None of those rewards are even worth the effort of the PSO2 tutorial and 70 pop up screens it would require to claim them anyways, for any platform.

@Xaelon said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

@Gilver-Redgrave What's stopping you from making a free account on the other services and getting their stuff too?

Well if you so happened to start(attempting) to play pso2 on the Microsoft store for pc last year as your first platform you made be screwed. The release of the game on the Microsoft store was a disaster and a lot of new players maybe logged in once and then waited for the steam version because the Microsoft version was unplayable.

If you did that you lost your ability to link your account from Microsoft to steam, and as a new player thinking you wouldn't ever need the Microsoft version it's bad.

@GolgoPro PSO2's PC launch on the Microsoft store was absolutely terrible. I waited for the steam launch myself because of all the problems I heard about.

If a player was to start on the MS Store during the botched launch and then make a new account on Steam without linking their existing Microsoft store, yes those two accounts would be forever separate and they would 'lose' the Microsoft account.

That said, they could create a new Microsoft Account and Xbox Live account, link the new account to their existing steam account and thus have access to all registration rewards available to Microsoft platforms. I know this because went through this process myself recently for reasons related to the NGS beta.

Is it worth doing this to get access to a handful of cosmetic items? I don't know. I'm just trying to make the point that there are ways to access each platform's registration rewards for free regardless of what platform you first started on.

I wonder if i should use a perma marker and writte it down on some peoples head that this thread is not about the rewards themself but the "image" Steam and its users get. I mean i was as clear as possible with that.

I mean @Xaelon didnt even get the "Twitter" argument i made even tho it was pretty obvious that i was implying that the Playerbase is lazy as fu** and wont create whole accounts for some rewards let alone creating a Steam account for a wet handshake.

Again and i make IT AS CLEAR AS DAY NOW !

This is NOT about the rewards themself ! Its about the image Sega gives Steam and its users of being worth less....even less then Epic. Also as @JuggernautGTX already stated those are NGS rewards which means people WONT get the NGS Outfit for Steam because as we all can see it is NOT listed there and WONT be remade for this. No effort put into this for the Steam community as you can clearly see which proves my point that they dont care as much for Steam even tho as @Xaelon mentioned those items were made in cooperation with Steam. Well Steam was the only working platform at the start so you cant really compare the situations right now can you ?

Since the release Steam also had multiple issues with the game and Steam couldnt do anything about it because the fault was within the launcher itself. What did Sega do ? Nothing.....for months. They fixed Microsoft ASAP as possible but didnt care about Steam. Again prove of what i am saying is true.

So i ask again: " Where exactly isnt Steam seen as second class ?"

AND AGAIN because i know people still dont understand: This thread IS NOT just about THIS rewards. The title clearly states:" And AGAIN Steam users..." the keyword here is " AGAIN" clearly implying that i mean multiple times.

I hope it was clear enough this time because i dont know how else i am gonna hammer it into your heads without using violent and brute force hitting you with a Rappy Wing over and over again. <.<

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

Also as @JuggernautGTX already stated those are NGS rewards which means people WONT get the NGS Outfit for Steam because as we all can see it is NOT listed there and WONT be remade for this.

The listed rewards are weapon camos and emotes, both of which work perfectly fine on new physique ("NGS bodies") and the latter of which you already acknowledged are the same as the PSO2 ones. They will not be upgraded versions, you can be confident. Meanwhile the rewards not listed are generally the fourth camo from each other platform's list (which I keep saying indicates the announcement has incomplete rewards once again) and Back / Fresh Aura which would serve no purpose in NGS anyway.

The announcement says that the first-time login rewards are being moved from OG PSO2 to NGS. The Steam rewards for doing tasks are not first-time login rewards. Nothing has said they won't continue to work in PSO2! Whether they will or not, we simply don't know yet.

You aren't asking for some kind of platform equality. You're asking for the Valve-themed outfits alone to be remade with new-physique visuals (which would likely involve a new round of negotiation) and given a new distribution method which would be an independent exercise to first-time login rewards. You're asking for Steam to be treated better than the other platforms, not for it to not be treated worse. For it to get effort that the other platforms aren't getting.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

They fixed Microsoft ASAP as possible but didnt care about Steam. Again prove of what i am saying is true.

They fixed the Microsoft Store version on 3/17 maintenance... 10 months after the issues. The maintenance notes here mention it.

Also as JuggernautGTX already stated those are NGS rewards which means people WONT get the NGS Outfit for Steam because as we all can see it is NOT listed there and WONT be remade for this.

PBJ-Time made a post confirming that the other Steam items not shown as registration rewards still exist. Even if you can't earn them directly on NGS all someone has to do is return to Steam PSO2 and perform whatever tasks are required to earn the outfit.

Xaelon mentioned those items were made in cooperation with Steam.

You really should check your facts better. I have made no comments related to how or why the items were made. By all means, quote the actual post you say I made.

Since the release Steam also had multiple issues with the game and Steam couldnt do anything about it because the fault was within the launcher itself. What did Sega do ? Nothing.....for months. They fixed Microsoft ASAP as possible but didnt care about Steam. Again prove of what i am saying is true.

This is the second time you claim the steam version had problems and again you provide no detailed information to support your claims. As a steam user who's had no major problems with the game I find this hard to believe.

Its about the image Sega gives Steam and its users of being worth less....even less then Epic.

So again, other than these "multiple issues" you refuse to describe at all. How exactly has Sega mistreated the steam platform? Don't bring up the amount of rewards per platform again because in your words: "This is NOT about the rewards themself !"

AND AGAIN because i know people still dont understand: This thread IS NOT just about THIS rewards. The title clearly states:" And AGAIN Steam users..." the keyword here is " AGAIN" clearly implying that i mean multiple times.

If this has happened as many times as you claim you should have plenty of detailed examples. Where are they?

I wonder if i should use a perma marker and writte it down on some peoples head that this thread is not about the rewards themself but the "image" Steam and its users get. I mean i was as clear as possible with that.

Really ? What are those crap first time log in rewards for Steam users ? I mean its not the first time Steam users only get leftovers while Microsoft users get really nice stuff. Its really turning into plattform rassism right now and i feel like Sega does not appreciate me as a Steam user.

They even removed the Steam exclusive Outfit this time.

I get trying to always win whatever you enter in to, but you didn't even try to cover your tracks and edit your first post, the very first one in this entire thread describing specifically what you saw the issue as

@John-Paul-RAGE the whole game's 70 pop up screens though lol

If we've really got people in here somehow now saying Steam's outfits need updated to the NGS graphics then here's my 2 cents, only if the Microsoft platform gets an NGS master chief outfit and energy sword camo, and Epic gets NGS fortnite stuff for the lols. Because that's the only way every platform would actually be treated equally, even on base pso2 i'd like those Microsoft rewards, but no, only steam gets anything like Alyx's outfit or the TF2 mask. If you aren't for that then i'm not for your platform being treated special. That should be the end of this. Stop moving on to a new problem, you guys have been off of the whole "And again Steam users are seen as second rate players." the thread was named for. If you're for making one platform even more rewarding than it already was compared to the others (because it's the most rewarding of the three already with it's platform specific stuff like @Miraglyth said a little ways back) then make a post like that.

This is NOT about the rewards themself ! Its about the image Sega gives Steam and its users of being worth less....even less then Epic. Also as @JuggernautGTX already stated those are NGS rewards which means people WONT get the NGS Outfit for Steam because as we all can see it is NOT listed there and WONT be remade for this. No effort put into this for the Steam community as you can clearly see which proves my point that they dont care as much for Steam even tho as @Xaelon mentioned those items were made in cooperation with Steam. Well Steam was the only working platform at the start so you cant really compare the situations right now can you ?

The only rewards that weren't already part of the game data files prior to NA/Global Release, were the steam rewards, that sega specifically made for steam release, and you claim that there wasn't any effort put into it?

Not to mention emotes tend to be way more valued than a couple of weapon camos.

Okay, but let's say it's as you say not about the rewards,

Since the release Steam also had multiple issues with the game and Steam couldnt do anything about it because the fault was within the launcher itself. What did Sega do ? Nothing.....for months. They fixed Microsoft ASAP as possible but didnt care about Steam.

Which is it, steam was the only working platform, or steam had multiple issues(not working), that they failed to fix for multiple months? Because in the first argument you said "Well Steam was the only working platform at the start" then after that you say "Since the release Steam also had multiple issues with the game".

Again prove of what i am saying is true.

Sauce? Citations needed.