And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.

Oh dear Lord. Since explaining stuff nice and calm wont work i now start using my Rappy Wing and hit you guys with it. Beating some sense into you.

@Miraglyth "You aren't asking for some kind of platform equality. You're asking for the Valve-themed outfits alone to be remade with new-physique visuals"

Quote where exaclty i said that despite me explaining on the level a 3rd grade can understand what i mean. If you cant find where i said that you should maybe stop posting at all because right now with your lack of understanding you bring nothing to this discussion.

@John-Paul-RAGE ASAP means "As soos as possible" and not "Right now on the spot". They started working on it right away unlike Steam which still has the same issues. And unlike the other platform the fixes on Steam come from the "community" itself and not from Sega.

@Xaelon I dont need to prove it when it is a known fact. I never heard of any court asking facts to be proven. There are threads in the Steam PSO2 forum and with "community" fixes for it. Wanna know about it ? Look for it yourself. But just to mention one example the "corrupted data" bug happens multiple times for many people now resulting in re-downloading the whole game again. Or the well knows "PSO2 exe stopped working" bug where you need to manualy change PSO2 files so it will work again. There is even a bug related to your Salon where your Salon files can get corrupted and the whole game wont work until you manualy delete the corrupted file. Want more examples or are those alright ? I re-downloaded PSO2 myself like 5 times now because of that crap and fixed files by myself around 3 times.

And i tell you the same as i did with @Miraglyth . If you dont have anything to say about the topic DONT say anything at all.

@PBJ-Time Why should i cover my tracks ? The titel clearly states this is not the first time and in my first post i clearly state that THIS TIME they do it via items again. I see no problem with that. Again its all about the "image" Steam and its users get. Or maybe it was my mistake for believing that people here are knowing about this stuff because @Xaelon proved that he does not.

Its true that Steam gets more rewards overall but you need to work for it first. You cant just register, take your items and leave again. So yeah do more get more sounds fair does it ? Also keep in mind that the Steam items are "Promotional" items which is a huge difference.Sega uses Steam to promote PSO2 so in return they get those items nothing unfair about that. And why Epic has no exclusive promotional items should be clear by now. Its Epic there will be some kind of shady contract going on so they can use PSO2 on their site.

However it is unfair that Steam only has two NGS rewards listed mistake or not (and if it was a mistake why isnt it fixed by now ?) it indicates for new people that there is nothing to get on Steam which indeed is unfair. Again the "image" issue. Nothing to see here go somewhere else.

@Misuran Yes yes that all right what youre saying but tell me something. Why do you on "PURPOSE" leave out the part where i said that Sega used Steam for promotion ? I mean all you say is true when you leave out the context right ?

"Sauce? Citations needed." Basic human understanding. Left and right half of the brain right inside your head. Or do you believe Sega would release a game on Steam with "PROMOTIONAL ITEMS" without having "PROMOTION" in their mind ?

Once the Microsoft/Xbox launcher was somewhat running Steam was pretty much left alone. I dont know how it was on the other platforms but the most funny thing was when the PSO2 launcher suddenly was on Japanese for over one month because of a schedule maintenance.

Now i put the Rappy Wing away and hope i dont need it again. <.<

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

Oh dear Lord. Since explaining stuff nice and calm wont work

Quick reminder that your last post started "I wonder if i should use a perma marker and writte it down on some peoples head"...

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

@Miraglyth "You aren't asking for some kind of platform equality. You're asking for the Valve-themed outfits alone to be remade with new-physique visuals" Quote where exaclty i said that

I did, but for your benefit I'll do it again:

people WONT get the NGS Outfit for Steam because as we all can see it is NOT listed there and WONT be remade for this.

None of the first-time login bonuses are outfits at all. They're weapon camos and emotes that don't need to be remade and in the case of the emote 100% won't be because those are given unique numeric IDs and the new post uses the same 720 for Headcrab that it did before.

There isn't "NGS Outfit". There isn't NGS anything. These are legacy login rewards being migrated to a new distribution exactly as they are, and your complaint, allegedly not about the rewards but now suspiciously about the rewards, is that the Steam outfits "WONT be remade" which would make them the only rewards to be.

And it still doesn't acknowledge the possibility that they'll continue to be available by doing the tasks on OG PSO2 since they were never login rewards in the first place, which means if the rewards on every other platform do lose their fourth camo, Steam would actually already be the best off from the changes by virtue of being the only one to have lost nothing.

This complaint is premature and presumptive. We don't have all the information, thanks to the frequency of announcements being incomplete.

Oh dear Lord. Since explaining stuff nice and calm wont work i now start using my Rappy Wing and hit you guys with it. Beating some sense into you.

This metaphor about physical violence is certainly an accurate way to describe your last few posts.

Xaelon I dont need to prove it when it is a known fact.

You do though because as I've said multiple times. I've never had problems with the steam version and I've never run into people complaining about what you're saying. Nearly every single issue I've heard about is related to the microsoft store version of the game.

I never heard of any court asking facts to be proven.

It happens all the time. It's called "evidence". Facts are facts because they're supported by evidence. Anyone can claim something is true, fewer can actually prove it. Which is something you have yet to do.

There are threads in the Steam PSO2 forum and with "community" fixes for it. Wanna know about it ? Look for it yourself.

Very well, since you don't seem to be interested in providing your own sources I will find my own. Remember, you asked me to do this.

Here's the first page of the steam community as I post this.

errorthreadswhere1.png

I don't see any threads of people complaining about problems. To give you the benefit of the doubt I skimmed the next 10 pages. There were 2 or 3 threads talking about problems but, as far as I can tell one was a hardware problem and one was due to gameguard, which would likely happen on any PSO2 platform. Which means, of those 10 pages, only one person posted a problem.

But just to mention one example the "corrupted data" bug happens multiple times for many people now resulting in re-downloading the whole game again.

I googled this error as "PSO2 corrupted data steam" and of the results that appeared only one of them is posted to the steam forums and may not even be the same issue. The rest of them don't even list a platform which leads me to believe that your "corrupted data bug" is not specific to the steam platform.

Or the well knows "PSO2 exe stopped working" bug where you need to manualy change PSO2 files so it will work again.

Googling this as "PSO2 stopped working steam" turns up three threads of steam related results. One of which only had three posts. The other two ended up being 2 or 3 pages long.

There is even a bug related to your Salon where your Salon files can get corrupted and the whole game wont work until you manualy delete the corrupted file.

Googling "PSO2 salon bug steam" turned up nothing similar to what you mentioned above.

You strongly imply that these issues were VERY widespread and effected HUGE numbers of people. I am not seeing a ton of posts online about any of the problems you mentioned. Of the few posts I was able to find most of them aren't even related to the steam version.

I believe this refutes your "fact" that the steam version had tons of problems that Sega refused to fix.

So if we remove the steam client problems from the equation, how exactly has Sega treated Steam as an inferior platform?

And i tell you the same as i did with @Miraglyth . If you dont have anything to say about the topic DONT say anything at all.

How exactly are my posts off topic? They're simply in direct opposition to your position. So, if my posts are off topic, so are yours.

@Xaelon said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

But just to mention one example the "corrupted data" bug happens multiple times for many people now resulting in re-downloading the whole game again.

I googled this error as "PSO2 corrupted data steam" and of the results that appeared only one of them is posted to the steam forums and may not even be the same issue. The rest of them don't even list a platform which leads me to believe that your "corrupted data bug" is not specific to the steam platform.

If it helps a little, using Steam's "Verify integrity of game files..." option does force the entire game to be redownloaded even if nothing is wrong, at least last I checked. That's more an issue with how the game files are set up on Steam, and has little to do with alleged data corruption I've not heard of either.

@Miraglyth said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

If it helps a little, using Steam's "Verify integrity of game files..." option does force the entire game to be redownloaded even if nothing is wrong, at least last I checked. That's more an issue with how the game files are set up on Steam, and has little to do with alleged data corruption I've not heard of either.

It's probably a side effect of PSO2 being 10+ years old. It would be nice if Steam wouldn't even allow verification to be run on PSO2, and instead displayed a message directing the user to run the PSO2 launcher's own file verification feature.

@Xaelon said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

It would be nice if Steam wouldn't even allow verification to be run on PSO2, and instead displayed a message directing the user to run the PSO2 launcher's own file verification feature.

The PSO2 launcher doesn't do that anymore; around December they migrated that to the respective store ecosystems (which ended the conflict between the Microsoft Store and PSO2 Launcher that presumably had a lot to do with its issues there).

@Miraglyth Hm. I didn't know the launcher's verification feature was removed. I noticed PSO2 stopped taking forever to update on steam, so what you mentioned must have happened around the same time.

This thread can be summarized into: "Why does Microsoft get 2 or 3 more rewards than Steam?? Unfair"

@Fattest-Leg More like, "I as only one out of several steam users on these forums, want to complain about free items." And then when those arguments are rendered moot. "Lets discuss several issues with the steam client, that very few people, if any, actually deal with, and use that to deflect away from the original complaint about free items."