And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.

@HermitST said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

Platform racism.........😑

Funny......

Well the positive I see out of this is, at least we know there'll be some camos on the NGS market.

On the other side though, they could of included * TF2 Minigun, * L4D Frying Pan, & * Crowbar camos as login, sure they're titles in base pso2, but so is the emote.

@Church10129 yeah, I'm really not sure why they chose to omit those.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

Its funny how people argue :" its the same stuff you got before whats the problem ?"

Same people in other threads like this: " What about the new players ? "

You weren't talking about new players when you posted this topic:

@Gilver-Redgrave said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

i feel like Sega does not appreciate me as a Steam user.

The new players angle is one that has more legs, but as mentioned in my previous post if the announcement is complete all platforms/stores would be losing rewards so you'd have been better off posting a topic asking for the first-time login rewards to be complete across the board rather than this platform hostility angle.

And if it's not complete, we don't yet know that the other Steam rewards won't be included.

@Xaelon said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

@Church10129 yeah, I'm really not sure why they chose to omit those.

The Steam rewards are/were unique in how they work. Instead of simply requiring login, most of them require/d you do to certain tasks for titles. It's possible these tasks still work (the announcement has no end date) and will still continue to work beyond the changeover, but were simply omitted from the new announcement because they're separate to login rewards. If so this topic would be complaining about something that isn't even a problem.

I really dont understand whats so hard to understand here.

@Miraglyth Do i really need to mention every single detail like i am in pre school ? Or can i assume that i talk with people here in the forums with a normal brain which can think ? Sorry i didnt mention the new players because i believed its obvious those are included when talking about "FIRST TIME LOG IN Rewards" that mostly NEW PEOPLE will get when they try NGS FOR THE FIRST TIME.

And yes all platforms lose rewards but that does not matter. Look at the rewards and tell me which platform would you register on. If you say Steam you are a straight liar.

@Xaelon You still dont get the point.

This Thread is not named: " Why do Steam users only get shit rewards while others get good stuff". Its names :"And again Steam users are seen as second rate players" think about that for a second. They put no effort into the Steam community you cant deny that. They dont even bother and change the rewards so that you dont need the titels for them anymore and its not even that much work doing so.

And to answer you question what stops me from registering on the other sides:" Nothing."

Now i ask you this: "What stops people from creating a Twitter account for those sweet twitter rewards ?"

You see where this is going right ?

Again and i try making this as easy to understand as possible. With those rewards especially new people will see the rewards and go for anything but Steam and they for sure wont even create a Steam account for those 5 Scrap Dolls and the Crab emote. In Europe we call that "unfair competition" an is forbidden by law for companys. In this case Sega or most likely Microsoft is "manipulating" the customer into going anywhere but Steam by handing out unfair rewards and thus hindering the Steam cummunity to grow.

So yeah its not about that we can get all the items. Its about making Steam a second rate platform including the playerbase which had client issues for months which is further prove of them caring less for Steam. I am not even mentioning all the errors that happen on Steam.

Look at the rewards and tell me which platform would you register on. If you say Steam you are a straight liar.

It doesn't matter. One account can get the first-time login rewards on all platforms. Even if the rewards are to be reduced - at all, let alone on Steam more than the others with an explanation that has been given multiple times now - anyone who registers on Steam and links to Microsoft Store will get exactly the same rewards overall as someone who registers on Microsoft Store and links to Steam.

They put no effort into the Steam community you cant deny that.

It's literally the only platform where they negotiated and created rewards specifically for the platform. Headcrab, Wheatley and so on are Valve properties. The first-time login rewards on other platforms are reused content from other sources on JP.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in [And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.]

And to answer you question what stops me from registering on the other sides:" Nothing."

Exactly, so stop complaining about what rewards each platform gets.

Now i ask you this: "What stops people from creating a Twitter account for those sweet twitter rewards ?"

Twitter rewards doesn't even figure into this discussion because all players get twitter rewards regardless of if they have a twitter account or not. As such, your point here is completely moot.

With those rewards especially new people will see the rewards and go for anything but Steam and they for sure wont even create a Steam account for those 5 Scrap Dolls and the Crab emote.

The thing is every PSO2 player is on the SAME servers. It literally doesn't matter what platform a player chooses to download PSO2 on since the only thing the platform determines is what launches the game. Nothing else.

Please tell me why it's so important for a person to choose steam over the other platforms when the game launched and the content included within is the same regardless of what platform they choose.

Its about making Steam a second rate platform including the playerbase which had client issues for months which is further prove of them caring less for Steam. I am not even mentioning all the errors that happen on Steam.

No, please do elaborate, because I have encountered no issues what so ever running the steam version. Meanwhile the Microsoft store version has constantly broke. I was almost unable to play in the NGS beta because of installation errors.

So yeah its not about that we can get all the items.

Actually it is though, because without those items this thread wouldn't exist.

@Gilver-Redgrave What's stopping you from making a free account on the other services and getting their stuff too?

sure lets buy an xbox one and claim the rewards it's that easy - thank you for your "meaningful" contribution to this topic

adding some more: these login rewards might be new for everyone maybe they have a different look? its ngs login bonuses after all not base pso2 ones - kinda doesn make sense to revive those for ngs - IF NOT for the new player base so this is directly something for new pso2 player if they really are the same old thing

steam users recieving less than others is just a slight slap in the face for those who dont wanna bother with the other platforms - mildly forcing people to do so by offering them on each platform except steam is kinda questionable - its like those google games wich give you rewards if you rate them 5 stars

@JuggernautGTX said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

sure lets buy an xbox one and claim the rewards it's that easy - thank you for your "meaningful" contribution to this topic

You don't have to buy an xbox though. I made a free account on the microsoft store last week for the NGS beta, linked to my existing Steam account and got all the Xbox's "excusive items" as well as the other stuff for that platform.

Please do your research before saying someone is wrong.

steam users recieving less than others is just a slight slap in the face for those who dont wanna bother with the other platforms - mildly forcing people to do so by offering them on each platform except steam is kinda questionable - its like those google games wich give you rewards if you rate them 5 stars

Why do you keep insisting that the different platforms matter for PSO2?

If PSO2 was a $60 paid title that you had to purchase, then your argument that other platforms getting more stuff would have some merit. But since it costs nothing to make a steam, EGS or Microsoft Store account and get every single item offered to each platform. It's literally meaningless what platform someone selects for PSO2.

You don't have to buy an xbox though. I made a free account on the microsoft store

please enlighten me how you wanna claim rewards in NGS for xbox one without owning an xbox one - it clearly states in the official announcement that you have to login with those platforms

what you are saying right now are these rewards:

"COMMEMORATIVE REWARDS

To celebrate the Windows 10 launch, participants will receive special rewards when logging in to Phantasy Star Online 2 on both Windows 10 or Xbox One! Check the table below for more information:"

wich were login rewards for both windows 10 and xbox in the base pso2 - wich has nothing to do with the NGS login campaign

i really wonder how you got all of the NGS rewards before the campaign even starts - are you a NGS dev or something? VIP early access to claim those rewards?

please use common sense before making things up

adding some more: these login rewards might be new for everyone maybe they have a different look? its ngs login bonuses after all not base pso2 ones

They're weapon camos and emotes, neither of which are subject to new-physique differences. Emotes also start with unique numbers, so we can be confident 720: Headcrab is the same 720: Headcrab as before.

So I was wrong, the steam outfit rewards still exist, they're titles for completing quests while on the steam version (which I forgot). So there is literally 0 reason for PC players to complain about their precious master race Steam console wars garbage. Again, the only platform locked in to a reward tier is Xbox. If you do not have a pc which can run the game, you only get microsoft rewards. If you have a pc and no xbox, you can still get the xbox rewards from Microsoft's client (the same exact thing xbox gets), you can get all of the Steam rewards if you just play the game for 10 minutes on that platform, and you have access to all of the epic ones

Why is this game's community so selfish and short sighted? I get that it's 2021 and most people operate on "I got mine, screw you", but this situation endlessly reoccurring is the definition of stupidity. Stop complaining if it requires you to throw out any and everything logical that might rarely pop in to your thick skull. Take 2 whole minutes to look in to things (which I didn't even do originally, forgetting that title thing) instead of assuming you're an all knowing god.

Anyways, you things got me convinced that Epic's PC store is a good thing after seeing the 100s of posts like this online. Steam has obviously got you all acting like damn fools. Even if Epic ends up ruining things in the long term after gaining market share, it's deserved

@PBJ-Time said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

So there is literally 0 reason for PC players to complain about their precious master race Steam console wars garbage. Again, the only platform locked in to a reward tier is Xbox. If you do not have a pc which can run the game, you only get microsoft rewards.

since we are talking about the new NGS campaign and not the older ones wich will stop as soon as NGS launches

nah you wont even get NGS windows 10 rewards on xbox one if you dont have a pc - its tied to that specific platform you have to login with (not like the old xbox one AND windows 10 MS login rewards)- so ya xbox one are kinda busted as well - wich leads to the conclusion that such "different platform login campaign" are never a good thing - youre happy you get something but abit salty if you miss on other stuff - ive read threads about less that were opened because people would miss on one specific camo - missing on alot of untradeable ones feels never good

@Miraglyth said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

They're weapon camos and emotes, neither of which are subject to new-physique differences. Emotes also start with unique numbers, so we can be confident 720: Headcrab is the same 720: Headcrab as before.

hmm makes sense...so thats just really a revival for the actual new pso2 ngs players who start from scratch

@Juggernaut GTX YOU GET THE XBOX REWARDS IF YOU HAVE THE MS PC LOGIN! Does that make it clearer? It has worked that way since PC launch, as many people have tried to tell you!

@Kodiakmax said in And again Steam users are seen as second rate players.:

@Juggernaut GTX YOU GET THE XBOX REWARDS IF YOU HAVE THE MS PC LOGIN! Does that make it clearer? It has worked that way since PC launch, as many people have tried to tell you!

i am talking about the NEW NGS platform locked login rewards - i am not talking about old campaigns wich stop after the release - it clearly seperates MS from Xbox One - unless you wanna tell me that MS store windows 10 is the same platform as Xbox One...so i do own a xbox one thats awesome

how you wanna claim it worked since pc launch if the game hasnt even been launched in the first place

dda98629-abcb-4252-9db0-bd8886e21bd5-image.png