Going a bit off topic, but I noticed some differences between the global notice on this and the JP counterpart, so sharing here.
(Skipping the PS4 part as it's irrelevant to the global)
(Global doesn't have PS4 of course, but maybe some kind of similar measures are taken for some of the global platforms)
Game Update for the "PS4" version
With the scheduled maintenance to launch PSO2:NGS, following changes will be made.
The game title will be changed from "Phantasy Star Online 2" to "Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis" and the application will be updated. Players who are playing PSO2 on "PS4" can apply the latest title update to update the game to PSO2:NGS.
Starting from the launch of PSO2:NGS, the application data for PSO2 will become a DLC of the game. To play PSO2 on "PS4", you need to install this DLC. Players who have been playing PSO2 on "PS4" also need to install this DLC again.
The end of PSO2 Log-in Bonuses
- The platform specific first-time log-in bonuses are exclusive to global. JP doesn't have counterparts of these.
Items received from PSO2 Special Presents
- JP will have Tokyo Bonus Key: Rainbow added to the drop list of special presents. As you know, global announcement doesn't say about Rainbow. This is quite strange IMO. I don't expect SEGA will treat global with total equality with JP, but omitting the addition of Rainbow only on global doesn't make sense. Did they just forget to translate the sentence? (the "「ボーナスキー東京【虹】」を追加いたします。" part)
End of Fresh Finds Shop, Introduction of Treasure Shop
Of course, this is a global only issue. For people who haven't played on the JP server, here's a quick rundown of how the Treasure Shop works.
The item list of Treasure Shop is changed on a daily basis (you can also force a list change by paying SG). The selection of the item will differ with each player account. The Treasure Shop is further divided into SG shop and Meseta shop. The SG shop usually sells following items.
- Triboost +125% (18 SG)
- Some EX type boosters
- Random triggers
- 10 Class EX-Cubes (25 SG). The class is chosen randomly each day
- Weapon Transmutation Pass/Aux Pass
The Meseta shop usually sells following items.
- 10 random Class EX-Cubes (160,000 M)
- Some bonus key (Tokyo S/G, Rappy or Kazuchi)
- Some gathering assisting item
- Some random items. This includes, a small selection of fashion items, furnishings, regular EX-Cubes, Photon Boosters, Ultimate Boosters, Cleasis Boosters, Void Erebite Fragments, Cobalt Medals (a JP exclusive item).
Aside from these, both SG shop and Meseta shop occasionally list some fashion items which were available in the past in JP server. According to JP Swiki, these special offerings are basically tied with seasonal events. As we know that the seasonal events of the original PSO2 will be going to be just automatically changed seasonal lobbies, there arises a simple question. How will these special offering of the Treasure shop be handled after NGS? Who knows.
Also, another concern on this is that whether the fashion item list of global Treasure shop will be the same to or different from the JP list. Seeing the extent of their effort of pushing the automatic management for the original PSO2, my personal guess is that they will avoid the cost of making a dedicated list for the global.
This section only exists on the JP notice. JP has mini augment affix boosting days on the 1st of the month and every Tuesday, these will no longer be held once NGS arrives. JP notice also says about boosts on advance quests and challenge quests will continue to be the same. But if these are just the same on the global too, global notice omitting that part is just reasonable.
So in short, the global notice not mentioning about the addition of the Tokyo Rainbow on special present, is a big difference between global and JP. I hope GMs have some words on this.
The other parts are shown here just for informational purpose.