Pulling the plug on PSO2?

@Tarina said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

IIRC the treasure shop is basically the same concept as fresh finds

It's similar but not quite the same, Fresh Finds was more focused on cosmetics especially outfits from old jp AC scratches (which is the main reason why people hated it so much as it was SG based and made these items untradable). The Treasure Shop on the other hand is more focused on triggers, EX-Cubes and items like "Good Fishing Rod" while in terms of cosmetics it is more focused on stuff you would expect to see from FUN scratches and BINGO cards.

In a perfect world, they'd throw the Mission Pass items in there as well... but we'll see.

No, "in a perfect world" they throw the MP stuff into the RWB5 exchange as stuff like the capsules are essential for endgame progression.

@Ryoga said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

IIRC the treasure shop is basically the same concept as fresh finds

It's similar but not quite the same, Fresh Finds was more focused on cosmetics especially outfits from old jp AC scratches (which is the main reason why people hated it so much as it was SG based and made these items untradable). The Treasure Shop on the other hand is more focused on triggers, EX-Cubes and items like "Good Fishing Rod" while in terms of cosmetics it is more focused on stuff you would expect to see from FUN scratches and BINGO cards.

In a perfect world, they'd throw the Mission Pass items in there as well... but we'll see.

No, "in a perfect world" they throw the MP stuff into the RWB5 exchange as stuff like the capsules are essential for endgame progression.

If you read the entire thing there will be no more UQ schedule. It will be random on what we've gotten the past year. Progression in itself will be very hard for those who wish to stay with pso2 or play it on/off. With NGS good luck also filling in slots for those UQ.

@Hooonter It doesn't matter what you agree with though, this is how many people behave. Which his why it would be intelligent for Sega to give them a solid option to go between NGS and base PSO2. Which is why taking away scheduled UQs in PSO2 is a bad idea. That may work for NGS (it's harder to see the ups and downs there because the game is newer and at least at first will likely be more populated), but if they do follow through and remove the UQ schedule for base PSO2 I think they will be less likely to retain players in that game.

@Mjolnir said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

but if they do follow through and remove the UQ schedule for base PSO2 I think they will be less likely to retain players in that game.

Yeah, that's the point of releasing a new game to get your players to focus on the new game.

@Fattest-Leg People will do that already, many have already gone into NGS hibernation. My point is that many will also probably hit that point of "welp done everything I feel like I had to accomplish in NGS until new content comes out" and then it would be smart for Sega to maintain PSO2 as a place those players can fall back on in a "I haven't played this in a while, let's do that for a while during this period I'm bored with NGS" way. I know sevearl ppl who have predicted they would do just that who now say 'lol well guess I won't play PSO2 anymore at all' because of the lack of UQs. It seems shortsighted and ill conceived to me to try to strangle base PSO2.

@Mjolnir There won't be a lack of UQ's. They will be randomized, and likely set to a bihourly auto launch. It would make sense to run an urgent every other hour with this randomized setup, so that it's easier to access for most players, especially because they aren't scheduled anymore. Either way saying there will be a lack of something is disingenuous until you actually see that play out in game.

@Mjolnir

The amount of people who get bored of NGS so they revisit PSO2 will probably be really small, because anything that's to be done in PSO2 would've already been done by them. Removal of the schedule doesn't disable UQs anyway.

@Zeke said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

If you read the entire thing there will be no more UQ schedule. It will be random on what we've gotten the past year. Progression in itself will be very hard for those who wish to stay with pso2 or play it on/off. With NGS good luck also filling in slots for those UQ.

You don't need UQs to progress in the game nowadays. Sodam is there for TPD stones, Divide is there for cubes, and Cradle is just the money inflation machine. Random schedule is perfectly fine for variety.

If you read the entire thing there will be no more UQ schedule. It will be random on what we've gotten the past year.

This is completely irrelevant to the post you are responding to.

Progression in itself will be very hard for those who wish to stay with pso2 or play it on/off. With NGS good luck also filling in slots for those UQ.

Yeah and that is something that usually gets addressed by changes made in preparation for "maintenance mode", SEGAs failure to do so combined with their complete lack of communication is the whole reason why this topic is constantly brought up.

Or that some people on this forum can't handle the fact pso2 is an old game that Sega no longer wants to dish content out for. People want a new game hence why there's more excitement for NGS than there ever was for PSO2.

Or that some people on this forum can't handle the fact pso2 is an old game that Sega no longer wants to dish content out for.

I don't recall a single person here constantly talking about how they want SEGA to make new content for base PSO2. You seem to be making up quite the strawman here.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

@Mjolnir There won't be a lack of UQ's. They will be randomized, and likely set to a bihourly auto launch. It would make sense to run an urgent every other hour with this randomized setup, so that it's easier to access for most players, especially because they aren't scheduled anymore. Either way saying there will be a lack of something is disingenuous until you actually see that play out in game.

To follow on this - it's not like Triggers are magically going away. If you want to farm UQs, grab some buddies, get on a public Discord, organize some runs, and go grind to your heart's content.

The only thing that's going away are the scheduled UQ's. Random UQ's are still happening, likely on a bi-hourly "Schedule" like Marine stated, and if not - grab some Triggers, and go to town.

The worst you might have to do is socialize and build some form of social connections with the players to run and farm UQs. Oh god, how horrible.

@Ryoga said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

Or that some people on this forum can't handle the fact pso2 is an old game that Sega no longer wants to dish content out for.

I don't recall a single person here constantly talking about how they want SEGA to make new content for base PSO2. You seem to be making up quite the strawman here.

Look at the "Discontinuation of Mission Pass Thread" and you'll see yourself that isn't a strawman.

@Riesz I felt like Sega was pretty transparent in that NGS was going to be the continuation of the PSO series, and that PSO2 wasn't going to receive any further updates.

I mean, even the story makes it very, very apparent that PSO2 is done.

@Anarchy-Marine It's already clear that people are playing less as NGS approaches, and many have said they won't bother with PSO2 if the UQ schedule goes away. It's not "disingenuous" to worry that this move to do away with a schedule will harm the game. It's only logical.

Again: right now even with scheduled UQs it's often hard to fill them. It seems weird and unecessary to take away a schedule. What benefit does that serve?

@Mjolnir

This is complete speculation, obviously, but Sega probably doesn't want to have to divert any more resources than needed to PSO2 when they can instead be focusing them on NGS. It's why the festivals are on a set routine now yearly going forward in PSO2, and it's why there's no more mission passes, or anything that would require the development team to manually update the game every few weeks to make adjustments to them.

Now, granted, Sega could do something like make a "Permanent" schedule of UQ's for PSO2, but we don't know if that's feasible to do on their end, or if it would still require them to take manpower and resources away from NGS to do so. Their aim seems to be to put PSO2 into a state of permanent automation, much like the original Guild Wars is right now, so that outside of needing to fix something if it breaks, they don't need to actually make any adjustments to the game during weekly server maintenance (which, given that NGS and PSO2 both exist on the same server mainframe, doesn't require them to specifically target PSO2 to maintain).

Basically - having a rotating UQ schedule would still require direct maintenance by the development team that Sega wants to shy away from, at least for now, to focus entirely on NGS. Obviously that might change, NGS might totally flop, and Sega might double back to PSO2 and instead create Episode 7 or something. I don't know, but right now, it's very clear that Sega's goal is to make PSO2 autonomous, and make NGS the focus for all their development and resources.