Pulling the plug on PSO2?

What has my curiosity now is what are they gonna do about all the empty blocks on PSO2 after NGS release. Are they going to remove more, or are they gonna have 50 blocks barely filled? XD

Problably not, Those players that did not get to participate in the CBT decided to wait until NGS official release. the fact of the matter is, you can log-into PSO2 and then goto NGS from there. It may look empty now, I suspect that there may be more players at when NGS opens than ever before, considering that now you also have Steam and EPIC players that will come to play.

They’re gonna make us log into pso2 and use the block transfer to access NGS aren’t they? XD

Nah, because the title screen will be NGS and then you can choose to go to NGS or the base game from there.

Oh nice! That’s prolly for the best, I’d hate to see ppl log into pso2 and not be able to find NGS on launch day. XD

@Pariah-Chan Also it'll be possible to only have NGS installed without the current PSO2. If the EN version ends up being handled like the JP PS4 version, NGS is going to become the initial download and the current PSO2 is going to become an optional DLC.

@Sakesubaki said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

I suspect that there may be more players at when NGS opens than ever before, considering that now you also have Steam and EPIC players that will come to play.

The latter are pretty much a non-number. and the former won't notice unless Sega use an Update Visibility Round or something else to drive some front-page awareness.

Possibly, But you are right. Just Hope they do something., Im starting to get PSU vibes all over again.. xD

So I’m here to revive this post to check what has changed after the NGS maintenance. Lemme know if there’s anything new in the shop kiosks in the lobby if you find anything! XD

So trying to login to pso2 was a hassle all day, and found out they changed the A & B around on pso2 when I went to it! XD

But unpleasantries aside, all I could find new was the treasure shop, not sure if it was an Oculus Hat: Moon for others but that’s the only accessory they had in it today...

And yes the wedding lobby is back again. :3

@Pariah-Chan Its different for everyone, I got the horse head mask thing.

@LusterMain said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

They just don't want to force people to play PSO2. Thanks to PSO2 and NGS being the same game by technicality, many of these things would "force" any new or returning players - or people who just don't want to play PSO2 anymore in favor of NGS - to have to play an older, less active game just to get items and currencies for the game they actually signed up for, which sounds like a great way to turn these people off.

thats great. they shouldnt force us to play NGS if we want to play base. Its just as stupid.

@PandaKittenFace-0 said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

@LusterMain said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

They just don't want to force people to play PSO2. Thanks to PSO2 and NGS being the same game by technicality, many of these things would "force" any new or returning players - or people who just don't want to play PSO2 anymore in favor of NGS - to have to play an older, less active game just to get items and currencies for the game they actually signed up for, which sounds like a great way to turn these people off.

thats great. they shouldnt force us to play NGS if we want to play base. Its just as stupid.

Its their way of preventing RMT across the board. You lock everyone into story quests, and bam, no more bots. Well, at least until they find some way around that, so a likely temporary respite.

sadly alts can skip the prologue, so there’s not much keeping them from grinding outside of central city. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

sadly alts can skip the prologue

Doesn't change much when a ban would be account-wide.