Pulling the plug on PSO2?

I think shutting it down would just cause them to lose even more players.

@Weirdo But they wont see it as too much of a loss. SEGA never really wanted to deal with the rest of the world that badly anyway. took them 8 years to take the leap. I myself was extrememly surprised when i heard pso2 launched globally...

Didn’t Microsoft pay for the port or buy pso2 tho?

@Pariah-Chan said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

Didn’t Microsoft pay for the port or buy pso2 tho?

Yes, MS funded the western release, which is also the reason PSO2 was released on their platforms first. No one seemed willing to step up before that.

Like I hate to say this, but pso2 is more active than NGS currently. XD

AED83F12-4192-41A1-8332-B7257B12A6DA.jpeg

@Pariah-Chan said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

Like I hate to say this, but pso2 is more active than NGS currently. XD

Ship 3 numbers are once again comparable here by the way.

a26da35c-310f-4cb4-aebf-465f4b5ee688-image.png

For historic context the PSO2 blocks have generally had at least 2 full since a few days after NGS release, but I think they've seen a bit of an uptick lately probably thanks to the 9th Anniversary campaign to clear PSO2 story quests for Re: SG C Tickets.

This isn't more active than NGS though; the populations of NGS players spread over 60 blocks would fill more than 4-5 blocks' worth when consolidated (at least on Ship 3), and also NGS blocks hold 200 players each while I think PSO2 blocks only hold 100.

There is a Bit of a caveat in New Genesis, The illusion exists for players to keep on upgrading and eventually "GET STRONGER". However, that is not the case, In our current state, Even if you happen to have max level on all your gear, It seems the oppositon Remains beefy and is like the reason why SEGA wants to keep players under thier thumb. Because according to them, " It is far more satisfying that way , when you are able to achieve the impossible".

So tell me - How satisfying is it, when you have to hit your oppnenent a thousand freaking times before you do them in?

I suppose many of you are going to chime and start telling me- you need to this, OR you need to get gud, Or just simply you need to grind out better gear.." I'm sick of it! The bottom line here is- The whole point of getting better gear and to get strongert is to SURPASS those that have done you in - right? Only then it would be satisfying.

More to my point- It is precisely th reason why people are going back to base PSO2- New Genesis was off to a raoring start.. after that?

@Miraglyth said in [Pulling the plug on PSO2?]

This isn't more active than NGS though; the populations of NGS players spread over 60 blocks would fill more than 4-5 blocks' worth when consolidated (at least on Ship 3), and also NGS blocks hold 200 players each while I think PSO2 blocks only hold 100.

Did it change? Because PSO2 used to hold 150 players with an extra 50 being reserved for Premium players, so 200 in total.

@HermitST said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

Did it change? Because PSO2 used to hold 150 players

I'd only ever heard that it was 50, which I was very confident to be incorrect since I was sure I'd seen more than 50 between the Gate Area and Shopping Plaza before. So the 100 is more of a guess. Where'd you hear 150 from?

The full block from my screenshot above had an empty premium bar, so if it is 150 per PSO2 block that's still saying the NGS blocks have a greater population than the PSO2 ones for now.

@Miraglyth

I read about it years ago. I think PSO Hacks found the info because there is a small thread about block capacity on pso-world that mentions it.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

@Weirdo But they wont see it as too much of a loss. SEGA never really wanted to deal with the rest of the world that badly anyway. took them 8 years to take the leap. I myself was extrememly surprised when i heard pso2 launched globally...

I was extremely biased about this, because when PSO2 first launched on JP it was a pretty terrible game. When they didn't release it in the west during 2013 I assumed that it was because sega knew that western players weren't going to like it the way it was back then. 2 fodders only for affixing, OT weapon enhancement, not much content, RNG fashion and ultra low chance of f2p shop, TERRIBLE class balance, and poorly thought out & static skill trees (IMAGINE needing to invest a point to perfect guard as a hunter lol) coming off the heels of PSP2's amazing skill system.

I was right shocked when it came over.