Pulling the plug on PSO2?

So llike. Is treasure shop gonna be that one NPC that all he said was, "Just a moment, While I verify my inventory".. ?

So with Event Lobbies being run on a monthly cycle, are we going to get the Holiday UQs, Xia Missions, and Bingo Cards that were part of those events previously, or will it just be the lobby changes and special Rappies and Nyaus.

Seems like they’re throwing it auto pilot without any new content. Probably just lobby changes etc.

It was fun while it lasted. They had a great run.

Having only unscheduled UQs, at least for base PSO2, is a bad decision imo. The rest of it seems, if not great, at least deal-with-able.

Taking UQs off of a schedule in base PSO2 will probably make most UQs unplayable in that game. It is currently the case that even the scheduled UQs don't always fill up, even on Ship 2. I had to wait several mins during a Photoner the other day to get 8 people (and that was with several attempts to search all blocks to find a team and several minutes of idling in a room waiting for one to come). If you miss the first teams that go out by even a few seconds, you are often left in that position.

Many people I know only log on for UQs now, and if they don't have a schedule to know when to log on they are saying they simply won't log on at all anymore. Many people have things going on outside of PSO2 and can't drop things when they get an alert from their friends to rush to a UQ.

I hope this decision is reconsidered for base PSO2. It's harder to say how it might play out in NGS, but it would be very harmful to base PSO2 which already has a very thin remaining playerbase.

@Mjolnir said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

Having only unscheduled UQs, at least for base PSO2, is a bad decision imo. The rest of it seems, if not great, at least deal-with-able.

Taking UQs off of a schedule in base PSO2 will probably make most UQs unplayable in that game. It is currently the case that even the scheduled UQs don't always fill up, even on Ship 2. I had to wait several mins during a Photoner the other day to get 8 people (and that was with several attempts to search all blocks to find a team and several minutes of idling in a room waiting for one to come). If you miss the first teams that go out by even a few seconds, you are often left in that position.

Many people I know only log on for UQs now, and if they don't have a schedule to know when to log on they are saying they simply won't log on at all anymore. Many people have things going on outside of PSO2 and can't drop things when they get an alert from their friends to rush to a UQ.

I hope this decision is reconsidered for base PSO2. It's harder to say how it might play out in NGS, but it would be very harmful to base PSO2 which already has a very thin remaining playerbase.

To be fair it’s time to move on. 10 years is a longggg time for an online game with the content Pso2 has to last. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did tbh.

@shimrion-0 The JP version is already not getting Holiday UQs, client orders and bingo cards at all.

@Cult said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

To be fair it’s time to move on.

But they don't have to screw base PSO2 over in the process. No one is criticising them for wanting to move on to NGS and this could easily be done without creating collateral damage in the process. Just to take the schedule as an example, they could have just automated the system and put up the UQs for the next 4 weeks on their website with a slightly different pool based on the month in question.

It feels like they're putting all their chips on the table for NGS, when there's no guarantee it'll be successful in the long term.

@Ryoga said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

@Cult said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

To be fair it’s time to move on.

But they don't have to screw base PSO2 over in the process. No one is criticising them for wanting to move on to NGS and this could easily be done without creating collateral damage in the process. Just to take the schedule as an example, they could have just automated the system and put up the UQs for the next 4 weeks on their website with a slightly different pool based on the month in question.

Agree. Also, only JP has had the game for several years. Global got it just over a year ago.

Personally, I am planning to play both games. I find PSO2 to be relaxing and fun and I don't want to see it be harmed in avoidable ways. I played NGS hard in beta, and intend to play it that way when it comes out. I just don't think it's even necessary to try to strangle PSO2 to push people to NGS since most are already going towards NGS anyway.

That said, it may prove to be the case that NGS is easy to "finish" when it comes out. I got two classes to 15, the rest besides FO to ten. I ground my wep to +30, my units to +20 and fully affixed them. Were it not for material gating, I would have unlocked the third potential on my wep. My battle score was 1172.

IF it is the case that the main game is easy to cap, it would seem smartest from a business perspective to give PSO2 NGS players a good option in PSO2. Otherwise, many "content tourists" will grow bored of both games, and hop to other MMOs or simply other leisure time activities. It feels logical to keep PSO2 base as healthy and active as possible. I guess unless the main game will take many months to cap out, but somehow I doubt that unless beta was not indicative of the pace at all.

FWIW I thought Kerioppi's take on UQs was quite well reasoned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_RZFG92BZg Not sure of the timestamp, it's somewhat in the middle.

@Ezodagrom That is a little disheartening. I mean I'm sure NGS will have holiday events, but after playing the NGS beta I felt like base PSO2 was a lot more catering to my playstyle and what I want out of a game. Yeah, I'll play NGS, but at least for a while I was probably gonna spend most of my time still in base PSO2 and having the extra holiday stuff to mess with would have been nice.

SG items in NGS better not be too expensive if they're removing ways of getting SG from the base game.

Warning: Big wall of text!

I'm not sure how to feel about everything else. FFS being removed in favor of Treasure Shop doesn't sound bad at all but makes me wonder what will happen to the cosmetics that have never reappeared in the FFS.

They still haven't said anything about Mission Pass which kinda terrifies me because I skipped some cosmetics I wanted from the Mission Badge Exchange in order to have better gear with the capsules. A lot of them will become unavailable if there's no way of getting more badges. Same case with the friend referal system.

The removal of Scheduled UQs also doesn't seem to be a major problem since have a huge portion of the UQ in trigger form, but the disappearance of it also makes me think they have no intentions of updating previous UQ with UH difficulty (there goes all my hopes for an UH Yamato.)

Looking at the special lobbies and festivities, I noticed the absence of Independence Day and Thanksgiving in favor of Tanabata and ARKS Ceremonial respectively. Not much to say about this since the changes they made were pretty much cosmetic but I wonder if there'll be other ways off getting the costumes and stuff from those events.

I would also like to know what will happen to the concerts, I wanted to see the Living Universe concert once again but since there's no announcement about concerts at all, I suppose I should forget about it ever returning alongside any other special concert like the Persona Dancing ones.

@Meikoloid said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

I'm not sure how to feel about everything else. FFS being removed in favor of Treasure Shop doesn't sound bad at all but makes me wonder what will happen to the cosmetics that have never reappeared in the FFS.

I haven't looked into the outfits list in the new permanent scratches, I wonder if the fresh finds shop outfits could be there? Since there's a huge amount of outfits in these scratches.

@Ezodagrom said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

I haven't looked into the outfits list in the new permanent scratches, I wonder if the fresh finds shop outfits could be there?

I've checked several of the (proportionally few!) outfits in the listings and haven't yet found any that were present in the PSO2-Dictionary records for either Mission Pass or Fresh Finds. That check isn't complete though. It might be more likely that a CAST part set from the upcoming CAST equivalent scratches were featured in a Mission Pass season.

@Ezodagrom said in Pulling the plug on PSO2?:

I wonder if the fresh finds shop outfits could be there?

They are not, if they don't put them into the Treasure Shop (which they won't if it's a 1:1 copy of the jp one) / weapon badge exchanges it's going to be bye bye for these items.

As I kept saying to people who refused to listen pso2 will be in maintenance mode for now on. It will exist, but outside events(likely rehashed) you aren't getting anything new for it anymore once NGS launches.

What they uploaded will hopefully get people to see that.