PSO2 Cosmetics carryover

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could elaborate the following topic for me.

Does my current character (only have 1) over to NGS with everything (cosmetics, emotes, equipment) automatically? Or will this be an option for us when the game is officially released.

If so, do I need to consume one or two tickets for cosmetics.

I'm unsure of this cause they don't specify in their shared contents section for NGS info announcements.

Thank in advance

@Taee

It carries over automatically - your character is shared between PSO2 and NGS. So as long as you're only wanting cosmetics on that character, you should only need to use one ticket.

Thanks a lot!

@LusterMain is correct. All cosmetics on your PSO2 account transfer to NGS.

If you want to read the full details about what transfers and what does not (cosmetics and otherwise) I would suggest reading this page which breaks down what your character can take to NGS.

No I just cannot decide which outfit to use.!!! OH.. wait.. so that ticket if for ONE character per account, Uh.. does that mean that will not apply to the other characters? Eh,, actually - I think that SEGA just might do something else with that.

@Sakesubaki I mean you've always had to use two tickets to unlock a cosmetic for all characters on your account. When I played NGS during Global's recent closed beta cosmetic tickets worked the same way.

In terms of unlocking cosmetics the only difference I noticed is that Costumes and Outerware are now tickets (which was already known).

@Xaelon

I believe CAST parts are now tickets as well.

Keep in mind that old fashion are not compatible with new genesis body type and new genesis emotes (who use finger movement). Some of the old fashion updated for new genesis (better texture, lightning effect etc) will return with some news AC scratch (like the Oracle renew collection on the JP version).

@LusterMain That sounds correct and would be consistent. I believe Sega is planning on turning all new cosmetics (I don't think weapon camos are changing at all) into ticket based unlocks.

@Xaelon said in PSO2 Cosmetics carryover:

@LusterMain is correct. All cosmetics on your PSO2 account transfer to NGS.

If you want to read the full details about what transfers and what does not (cosmetics and otherwise) I would suggest reading this page which breaks down what your character can take to NGS.

There is one issue with that article though with what it lists in the salon section which some confused people. it only specifies what happens for fashion items usable on all characters, and it's not really clear if where it lists "Fashion Information Set by using a Ticket Item in the Salon." which ticket it means, since salon passes are tickets too.

Some people misinterpreted that as meaning only items registered to be usable by every character on the account will be transferred over. Now I find it pretty obvious that's not what it means, because they would lose so many customers over that if that was the case, but still their wording could have been much more clear as to exactly what they mean, and the error with the "Fashion Items that are usable on all Character" that was corrected only makes it more unclear.

@Naomao said in PSO2 Cosmetics carryover:

Keep in mind that old fashion are not compatible with new genesis body type and new genesis emotes (who use finger movement). Some of the old fashion updated for new genesis (better texture, lightning effect etc) will return with some news AC scratch (like the Oracle renew collection on the JP version).

This isn't entirely correct, there's only certain types of cosmetics that are locked into being of the same game type (pso2 vs ngs). For example, if you have an NGS body you're locked into NGS layering wear, but you can still use a PSO2 face/ PSO2 hair/ PSO2 accessories. If you have an NGS face you're locked into NGS face texture options/eys, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed while testing out the outfits, and base wear in NGS but putting on different outfits and base wear was changing character proportions, most easily noticeable when look at your characters legs. You would create your character, and while it looks good in 1 outfit, you put on a different outfit and the character has completely different body proportions. Unlike in base pso2 where it mainly keeps the same proportions regardless of what you are wearing.

@GolgoPro

Yeah, NGS and PSO2 outfits use different base models. It could also be that you turned off the proportion sync for PSO2 and NGS models, or that you had NGS sliders changed that the PSO2 model doesn't have. I believe some sliders behave slightly differently between the two as well.

Yeah, if you're switching body types (white vs dark background outfits) your proportions will probably vary a lot. Within a body type (NGS vs PSO2) it shouldn't vary much though.