Ship Choice

Ive looked around for a bit and couldnt find out, even sent a ticket and they never responded but does it matter what ship your pso2 character is on going into NGS? do you think we will choose the ship there or will it carry over your current ship? mostly wondering because ship 4 wasnt even an option in CB and id rather not be stuck on ship 4 if i have to transfer to another ship id rather start that now lol

At launch NGS will be available for all characters on all ships. They already announced something akin to the block transfer system will be used for moving between NGS and original.

@Ragnawind im asking if i can not be on ship 4 for NGS if im on ship 4 for pso2. block transfer doesnt let you change ships does it?

Seeing as stuff like Alliance membership transfers over to NGS, it is almost certain that you will be on the same Ship on both PSO2classic and NGS.

whelp thats prob a big rip XD if your ship has less people playn NGS its kinda unfortunate. guess ill prob have to transfer then.

You start off on the ship you're already on unless you ship transfer.

I'm of the same opinion as @AndrlCh. Your characters will stay on whatever ship they're currently on. If you're ship 4 now, you will be on ship 4 for NGS.

When they showed off how you transfer from PSO2 to NGS during one of the early broadcasts it was completely seamless. There was no ship selection prompt or anything similar shown when they moved between games using the campship gate. To me this implies that your ship for NGS is automatically set by the server.

@NyxSidus said in Ship Choice:

whelp thats prob a big rip XD if your ship has less people playn NGS its kinda unfortunate. guess ill prob have to transfer then.

maybe just maybe sega feels happy that day and giving away free transfers...but i think itll be better to transfer now yea....ships might get full on release really quickly (ship 1 cbt was full at some point and people couldn join there)

@JuggernautGTX Giving all active players a free transfer would be one of the nicest things Sega could do pre-NGS. At bare minimum they should offer a free transfer to whatever ship has the smallest active population.

Well expect a lot of servers to be full at launch. We may even need ship 5 and 6 based on how popular it will be.

Also Xbox's first exclusive outside of Japan.

@Zeke said in Ship Choice:

That's not exactly correct. I believe they said NGS will simultanously launch on PC platforms (M$ Store, Steam and Epic) and Xbox. I can attempt to dig up confirmation on that if you want me to, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the preview broadcasts.

@Xaelon said in Ship Choice:

@Zeke said in Ship Choice:

That's not exactly correct. I believe they said NGS will simultanously launch on PC platforms (M$ Store, Steam and Epic) and Xbox. I can attempt to dig up confirmation on that if you want me to, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the preview broadcasts.

Well Microsoft is also PC(Not mac) so I would count that as the same. They've been pushing the cross platform between PC and Xbox too.

@Zeke It's mostly semantics, but to me an "Xbox Exclusive" means a game that only appears on Xbox. Which would have been true a few years ago, but as you say Microsoft has increasingly been pushing parity between their PC and Xbox platforms.