PSA: Rewind Heroes & Heroines are perfect replicas of JP perma AC scratches!

Edited Edit: We got everything!!

Edit: Confirmed! The posting of Rewind: Heroines specifically says the website listings are incomplete. (Original topic title ended "are probably incomplete".)

https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/rewindheroes https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/rewindheroines

The page for the male version (Heroes) lists 66 male layered wear items and has a choice ticket every 15 scratches. It looks very strongly to be Global's equivalent of one of the first Permanent AC Scratch sets to hit Japan seven weeks ago, called M Collection.

The items listed and the name of Rewind Heroes strongly suggests that our version of this scratch will not contain any items that have never featured in a previous AC Scratch set in Global. There are 66 items listed on our page; the JP listing has 367. This is disappointing in and of itself because it likely kills the last remaining chance Global had to ever get this range of content and this loss will likely be repeated for females in the probable follow-up Rewind: Heroines set.

But that's not the only gap in our listing: There are a lot of items on the JP listing that are not on ours, that Global did have in previous AC Scratch sets. So many that I suspect this means our listing is simply incomplete and that when it arrives in the game on Wednesday morning they will be included. I've reviewed most of the JP listing and have recognised these:

• Ritual Clothes (the headline set from Maestro Summoner)
  • Royal Remnants (from Maestro Summoner)
  • Striped Jacket [Ou], Striped Pants [Ba] and Boxers 2 [In] (from Earth Defenders)
  • Hardened Emotions (from Virtual Stars)
  • Gettemhult's Armor (from Weyland Warriors)
  • Wey Panzerg (from Weyland Warriors)
  • Monumental Agent (from Persona Paradox)
  • Pilot Lucida M (from Designer Dreams III)
  • Corpse Hood M (from Virtual Stars)
  • Premium Cargo Pants [Ba] (from Virtual Stars)
  • Frontier Guide (from Earth Defenders)
  • Casual Blouson M (from FRAME ARMS RELOADED)
  • Sleeveless Coat M (from Urban Lifestyle)
  • Celestia Elementary M [Ou] and Celestia E. Uni. M [Ba] (from Star Keeper)
  • Cathedral Formal M (from Oracle Celebrations)
  • Hound’s Hide Suit (from FRAME ARMS RELOADED)
  • Emerald Formal (from Star Keeper)
  • Clochette Noël (from Holiday Wonderland)
  • Men’s Knit Duffle Coat [Ou], Shorts M [Ba] and Fancy 1 [In] (from Maestro Summoner)
  • Rhys Remodel [Ou] and Rolf Remodel [Ba] (from ARKS Last Stand)
  • Aldinax [Ou] and Aldina Alto [Ba] (from Legendary Heroes)
  • Hariette Battlewear M [Ou] (from Royal Fantasy)
  • Cuendito Mantle [Ou] and Cuendito Wear [Ba] (from Legendary Heroes)
  • Heart Apron M [Ou] (from ARKS Elite)
  • Long-sleeved Hoodie M [Ou] (from Cosmo Fleet Heroes)
  • Plaid Shirt [Ou] and Cargo Pants [Ba] (from Sakura Memories)
  • Casamento Tuxedo (from Oracle Celebrations)
  • Florent Costume M (from Blazing Beats)
  • Fibre Légère [Ou] and Fibre Rayure [Ba] (from Blazing Beats)
  • Schreger Armor (from Weyland Warriors)
  • Elmir’s Formal Regalia [Ou] and Elmir Regalia [Ba] (from Weyland Warriors)
  • Elmir’s Priest Garments [Ou] (from Proud Monarch)
  • Epirus Chiton [Ba] (from Proud Monarch)
  • Festive Mummy M [Ba] (from ARKS Elite)
  • Full Dress Deputy (from Ultimate Trinity)
  • Pop La Sorcery M (from Designer Dreams)
  • Void Recorder (from Heroic Wanderer)
  • Beltpunk M (from Designer Dreams)
  • Progressive Raiment M (from Designer Dreams)
  • Big Bad Wolf (from Designer Dreams III)
  • Type 3 Straitjacket M (from Sakura Splendor)
  • Mew Pipis M (from Designer Dreams IV)
  • Fenrir Code (from Designer Dreams III)
  • Kotoshiro Guardian Wear (from Chevalier Line)
  • Polygonal (from Designer Dreams IV)
  • ALS Terminal Doll (from Designer Dreams III)
  • Kakwane Suit (from Nova Collection)
  • ARKS Sadeenian Suit (from Designer Dreams)

This is way more items than any Global AC Scratch website listing has had previously, so I suspect the Rewind: Heroes list is incomplete and that the game will have all these and the many others I either didn't recognise.

The same almost certainly applies to Rewind: Heroines as well.

I’m not even surprised at this point. To me it’s all completely expected. I honestly stopped caring about 4 months ago. In any case I wouldn’t expect anything to be changed.

Yeah I'm just assuming they didn't bother to list the full ticket for whatever reason. Considering the shoddy track record of scratches on global though anything can happen.

Ive largely lost interest in scratches at this point. The one cosmetic I still want is not likely to return.

I assumed we weren't getting anything that didn't come to Global, but it's sad to see some of the things that should be in the scratch might be lost.

I assume tomorrow we will also be seeing the scratch with female ou/ba/in, so I wonder if things will be missing from that scratch as well.

My gripe is that this scratch is pretty much useless as PSO2 NGS is literally less than a month away (if we base it off of the server starts campaign which indicates I believe a June 7-9th release). PSO2 NGS costumes have the updated bodies so therefore this "Rewind" scratch is just not needed. It would've made sense to release this scratch like two or three months ago but now at this time it just makes no sense whatsoever unless these costumes come with the updated NGS character model (which I highly doubt).

@Maxwell said in PSA: Rewind Heroes listing is probably incomplete:

My gripe is that this scratch is pretty much useless as PSO2 NGS is literally less than a month away (if we base it off of the server starts campaign which indicates I believe a June 7-9th release). PSO2 NGS costumes have the updated bodies so therefore this "Rewind" scratch is just not needed. It would've made sense to release this scratch like two or three months ago but now at this time it just makes no sense whatsoever unless these costumes come with the updated NGS character model (which I highly doubt).

It ain't useless tho. The point is that so outfits don't become unobtainable. You can wear PSO2 outfits in NGS.

@Riesz said in PSA: Rewind Heroes listing is probably incomplete:

They used to even list that the items listed on the scratch page doesn't contain all the scratch items. Why they would not list all the items, your guess is as good as mine. Why would you not list everything on the page for the scratch? That's kinda the point of making a page for it.

If they did so this time it would be the largest list of items period on the website, which might be a reason. But this is something else JP has managed for years (and in the case of this set seven weeks) without issue.

I recognise what you mean about incomplete listings - many events in particular have listed rewards as "Featured Items" and have had several others that weren't featured (including several throughout the months that were more desired than all the featured items) but I don't think this has ever happened for any scratch tickets in the past? Those have usually if not always been complete.

If my read on some of the phrasing in various ARKS Hour statements is any indication, it's possible Sega just don't always give our community team a full list to publish in the first place.

If this list is incomplete the natural question is why, and what good that's meant to be. The former probably wouldn't be answered officially but it does provide the sensible conditional you mention - if it is Sega who aren't supplying our team the same level of information they directly publish on the JP site for their own players, that's disappointing and unnecessary (they have the full prize list, as it defines the prizes in the game!). But it'd also be a shining example of why Global players are so excited about the idea of content parity with JP because it would mean we could just use the constantly superior JP completeness and earliness of this kind of information directly.

And if the list isn't incomplete we need to ask serious questions about why Global would be being dramatically short-changed on content preservation, to not only never be given all the items that Global never previously had (which by the way would be an excellent reason for people to scratch for it, especially with the 15-pull choice tickets) but items that it did and which JP happily preserved. But that's an outrage best not had prematurely in case it is just the listing being incomplete, hence this topic.

@NIC I do not understand your point. The costumes are older versions which I clearly stated that it is not the newer updated version that has the NGS model (Which sega has been rolling out on JP servers). It is indeed useless to release this now compared to releasing this 2-3 months ago because it would make more sense since we'd still be far from the NGS release.

NGS costumes (older PSO2 ones that are essentially remastered with new ones) again have an updated body which also makes the costume its self look more appealing as smaller details have also been updated aside from the basic hand/foot parts.

@Maxwell

If you only care about function than the perma scratches (at least for clothing) serve as one way to "farm" SG. As that's the only currency that was farmable in PSO2 that will be usable in NGS. Non practical the perma scratches serve as two functions. The primary being people who are new to base PSO2 now have an easier access to a lot of fashion that's fallen out of the market due to time. The secondary being for vet players.

The only tangible benefit of using the newer model is if you care to use hand actions. As even all of the idle animations and running animations will work regardless of body type. As great as it is to have much more control over how your character looks with new slider options it's not a make or break. You can even use a new head with an old body. So arguably the most important/noticable part of your character's body isn't being gated by the old model.

@NIC I do not understand your point. The costumes are older versions

Yes, that's the purpose of this scratch. It is what JP calls a permanent AC scratch. The entire point is to make it possible to get several old-physique outfits and layered wear.

It's not a scratch for anyone that wants new-physique content. It's not trying to be. There are and will be dozens of other scratches for that. This one is about preserving content availability for anyone out there that might happen to want it. (Edit: Or at least we hope it is, but that'll depend on if anything is left out of the Global version which we find out tonight.)

@Miraglyth There's still the chance that they could be splitting the JP permanent scratches into multiple scratches in the EN version? 360+ items in a single scratch is too much, and if they were to separate those into multiple scratches it would make it easier for players to obtain items that they want.

(Though it wouldn't be surprising if the EN version were to get just the very incomplete permanent scratches).

@NIC I do not understand your point. The costumes are older versions which I clearly stated that it is not the newer updated version that has the NGS model (Which sega has been rolling out on JP servers). It is indeed useless to release this now compared to releasing this 2-3 months ago because it would make more sense since we'd still be far from the NGS release.

NGS costumes (older PSO2 ones that are essentially remastered with new ones) again have an updated body which also makes the costume its self look more appealing as smaller details have also been updated aside from the basic hand/foot parts.

Just because NGS outfits use the physique doesn't mean they will be more appealing. There will be many, many outfits which do not have equivalents or similar in NGS, and players would rather use those. I personally have no plan to move to NGS-compatible stuff as I much prefer what I currently have.

As for the body type, the body type itself is kinda whatever other than being able to have finger movements which is... whatever, I don't get the hype on this honestly.

There's much more to fashion and aesthetic than "updated model"

@Ezodagrom said in PSA: Rewind Heroes listing is probably incomplete:

There's still the chance that they could be splitting the JP permanent scratches into multiple scratches in the EN version? 360+ items in a single scratch is too much, and if they were to separate those into multiple scratches it would make it easier for players to obtain items that they want.

I'd thought about that too, but that would have a number of ramifications.

Firstly, if we assume for a moment that Rewind: Heroes does have the 50+ items global has previous had but which aren't on the list, that's still a prize list of well over 120 items, more than enough to make it so if you want a specific one of them the odds of pulling it are so low that the intended way to do so is the choice ticket you get every 15 scratches. As such it doesn't matter that much how large the prize list is.

Secondly, by splitting permanent AC scratches into previously-run and new-to-Global, progress towards a choice ticket would also be split. A player could scratch 28 times between them (14 on each) without getting a choice ticket at all. It'd be a minor drawback but one that is magnified when remembering the removal of the AC Scratch Ticket item means the "Play 12" option to reduce the price per scratch means you can't scratch 15 precisely in each set without spending more to do it.

Thirdly, that split would mean the need for eight permanent AC scratches just for M/F Collection and M/Fcast Collect. Even presuming we get the other JP permanent scratches without similar splits, that'd mean we need 14 different scratches where JP have 10 planned (that we know of). Add in Versus Annihilation for 15 because that's ending in August and I'd hope it doesn't take us that long to catch up. The Scratch Ticket menu itself only has room for 10 scratches, though it does have a scroll bar that Global has never needed. But it does just add excess to the number of scratches in an unnecessary and slightly confusing way. And if other scratches like makeup are similarly split that'd be an even higher number.

Fourth, if this is repeated for other scratch types, it'd be unworkable for SG scratch because a Rewind style SG scratch would essentially cover 8 of the 9 six-monthly scratch sets that JP ever had, and the new-to-Global SG scratch would be tiny since it'd just be ARKS Battlewear Selection.

Fifth, fast-forward 12-24 months and who's going to care whether a prize first debuted before or after permanent scratches?

Separate to all that, and to make a more obvious point, "360+ items in a single scratch is too much" didn't stop JP doing it! 😅

@Ezodagrom said in PSA: Rewind Heroes listing is probably incomplete:

(Though it wouldn't be surprising if the EN version were to get just the very incomplete permanent scratches).

Yeah. I'm not making any assumptions on the listing but I am waiting to find out what this set looks like when it arrives, because it could indicate what our other content preservation will look like.

If it is just a (hopefully complete!) set of what Global has had previously, it means our SG scratch will probably not be used to include ARKS Battlewear Selection content and our equivalent of the Weapons Badge 2021 exchanges (if we ever get that) would be much reduced and probably not contain all the camos that were previously in Mission Pass which would be a big shame for PC players in particular since most of the Season 1-3 camos never returned.

Edit: Rewind: Heroines just got announced too; at a glance that's exactly the same situation as Heroes and doesn't have any listings that I immediately recognise as having a male counterpart that's not listed in Heroes so it probably doesn't help us guess whether we're looking at an incomplete listing or an incomplete set.

Edit again! It's just caught my attention that Rewind: Heroines added the following detail to the announcement:

Also, please note, that as this collection is jam-packed with pieces, not all items are displayed in this article. Check the “Prize List” for this Scratch Ticket Collection at a Scratch Ticket Terminal near you for more detail!

So this confirms the listings are incomplete and considerably raises the possibility that these sets will at the very least have all the M/F Collection content that Global had before.

Now fingers crossed my tylor replica is in >.<

@Knight-Raime said in PSA: Rewind Heroes and Heroines listings ARE incomplete:

Now fingers crossed my tylor replica is in >.<

I'm afraid that'll almost surely be a no. It's not in JP's M Collection. Nor are Ethan's two. I haven't checked for Portable / Nova outfits (I wouldn't recognise those) so the only outfit I recognise that had any Universe reference is the Kakwane Suit.