Cyborgs

Would be nice using mech arms and legs with a human body and head, maybe this could be added perhaps?

The CAST can already use a human style head in PSO2 main, and you will be able to mix items from all races in PSO2: NGS

I already tried out the character creator and you can't have a human body with mech arms and legs.

@FerrousAradicen said in Cyborgs:

I already tried out the character creator and you can't have a human body with mech arms and legs.

The devs would need to build more CAST items like what I'm using right now to appear slightly human with the robotic legs and arms.

It's a bit tricky depending on the shades you're going for. NGS versions of either rebuilds or spin-offs might help lower that difficulty.

(Furta Body and Urien Arms.)

I haven't noticed any Male looking items that would produce the same effect.

Well no they wouldn't need to make more mech items, all they would have to do is make them available to other races.

But despite claims of lifting "race," that's not how the new polygon models work. They're still bound by the compatibility of parts.

(IE- Layer Wear cannot mix with CAST Parts.)

So it does require new item designs with the way the old mechanics carried over.

It doesn't need new item designs, just tweaked mechanics.

It actually would need new designs (or models, rigs, etc...). The models for CASTs and humanoids are different, and I imagine setting it up so you could mix and match parts and clothing would be a modeling nightmare. What they could do is make humanoid clothing that just replicates the appearance (wouldn't have the mix and match capability of CAST parts, though).

Can already put a human head on a mech body and vice versa, proof of concept is already there just need to do the same for the rest of the body.

Hmmm... how do I explain video game model mesh?

You ever try putting two doll parts together from another company or build model kits from a different manufacturer?

The incompatible joints are kind of the same concept with the current and continued way CAST parts work.

is not that simple of just putting a part there, CAST and humanoid models are different because they use different cosmetics and mixing stuff will not make it work, in order to make a CAST looks more humanoid it gonna need parts that focus in that specific look.

Closest you can get a humanoid cast torso

Well there are some pso2 costumes with mech arms and legs. I'm sure more of that will be made for NGS.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Cyborgs:

Hmmm... how do I explain video game model mesh?

You ever try putting two doll parts together from another company or build model kits from a different manufacturer?

The incompatible joints are kind of the same concept with the current and continued way CAST parts work.

Yeah I call it franking, little tweaks here and there and they'll come together perfectly fine.

@Jamesmor said in Cyborgs:

is not that simple of just putting a part there, CAST and humanoid models are different because they use different cosmetics and mixing stuff will not make it work, in order to make a CAST looks more humanoid it gonna need parts that focus in that specific look.

Not asking for more humanoid looking cast parts, I want the cast arms and legs we have now with all their sliders an stuff on a human body, which only requires some tweaking.

@FerrousAradicen and for that to happen they gonna need to do A: redo all the layering wears and CAST parts in order to make that work with a new body model, B: make a complete new set of CAST and layering wear that will be able to do that.

is not just a simple tweaking they need to change a lot of parameters and stuff in order for that to work and considering the options I gave if they decide to do it then probably will be B that is much easier to do than changing all that exist in order to make it work.