[PSO2 NGS] Having trouble comparing system requirements with my current specs.

I have attempted to join the Closed Beta... But to no avail. The launcher has given me the notification that I didn't meet the system requirements. Now I'm not as well versed in computer building and computer parts as I want to be so I have a problem comparing what I have already to what the game requires me to have. If it helps any, I have the dxdiag file on hand (click here). I don't know how to read it/what any of it means so I hope someone can help me out in terms of what I need to look for so I'm ready for the full release.

The main cause of that error is that your CPU does not support AVX; most CPUs post 2011 have this support, and it looks like your CPU was released in 2008.

Once NGS/the graphics update is released, even PSO2classic will require AVX support, so if you want to continue playing, you are going to need to upgrade.

@AndrlCh said in [PSO2 NGS] Having trouble comparing system requirements with my current specs.:

The main cause of that error is that your CPU does not support AVX; most CPUs post 2011 have this support, and it looks like your CPU was released in 2008.

Once NGS/the graphics update is released, even PSO2classic will require AVX support, so if you want to continue playing, you are going to need to upgrade.

Also, unfortuantely for them, they would technically need to either build a new computer or buy a pre-built one to upgrade, since that uses the majorly outdated LGA775 Socket type.

@AndrlCh Alright, I'll see what I can do. It's just the CPU that's the issue, right?

@Essentionn Yes, but as @Ragnawind mentioned, because of how outdated the CPU is, you are going to need a whole new computer, though you could probably salvage the GPU and HDD (or clone it to the new computer).

@Essentionn in your case you gonna need a new computer, considering the model of the CPU you are using is pretty old and the chipset of these models not gonna have a CPU that is compatible with AVX and even your GPU will not hold up when they change the graphic engine, so unfortunately you don't have much choice if you want to continue playing the game.

Yikes... Looks like I have a lot of money to save up. Hopefully I can keep my storage drives so that I won't have to worry about a whole bunch of data migration.

@Essentionn said in [PSO2 NGS] Having trouble comparing system requirements with my current specs.:

Yikes... Looks like I have a lot of money to save up. Hopefully I can keep my storage drives so that I won't have to worry about a whole bunch of data migration.

Storage drives will be fine. Whether you get a new pre-built PC or build your own, storage is something that can always be kept, so long as it is not IDE (aka PATA). When upgrading for a PC with hardware as old as yours, you need to at least replace the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and in your case, GPU as well (my GPU is outdated by modern standards but still pays most games, including NGS, on lower settings and not as high resolutions as 4K. I played the beta at 1600x900 on a GTX 750 Ti 2GB which is around 2-4 times better than your GPU depending on the specs you looks at.). At least with a pre-built PC, you normally only need to upgrade the Power supply, add RAM and a GPU. The CPU would normally be fine and all newer PCs support AVX on the CPU that are pre-built.