Closed Beta Issues / Feedback

Part 1: Client / Game Issues.

• Text/UI Scale Setting: The launcher setting to change text/UI scaling does not appear to work. It's always the same in-game regardless of 1.2x, 1.4x, etc.

• Manual UI Resizing: We need the ability to resize various UI windows. Things like the symbol art editor can feel cramped nowadays since they're stuck in a fixed window size. There is a UI scale settings in the launcher, but that won't help the individual interfaces that feel cramped since they'll still be proportional.

• Minimization: The client will not allow itself to be minimized and forces itself into view if anything else is visible. This is a problem in the base PSO2 game as well. Please have the client use a different title bar mode (one that allows the minimize functionality).

• Shop Search: Setting the category to "weapons" and viewing the results does not work. Setting the category to "unspecified" does, and it does show weapons in the result when no category is set. I believe the "weapons" category is the only one broken like this, but it's hard to tell because certain classes of items aren't available in the CBT.

• Parkour Feedback: More feedback on the parkour is needed. I often don't know if I have used my second jump or walljump, seeing as they have similar looks and the same button is used for their input. I recommend having a little platform of photons under the character to indicate that the second jump has not been used yet, and for the character's animation to have their feet more forwards (ready to wall kick) if the wall kick has not been used yet.

• World: I got stuck floating in a spot between two rocks, and went to do a ground slam and got stuck even harder. I was able to fast travel out. These screenshots may show where I was located.

Minimap In-Game Shot

Part 2: UI / Text Issues

• Options/Controls: "Double-tap Dodging" says "Double-tap Invalid" when it should just say "disabled". Invalid

• Class Skills: Upon learning a class skill, the game says "You have leveled up" at the bottom, despite my character's level not increasing. If this was an increase in Battle Power, the message should say that instead.

Spending Skill Points Resulting Message

• Shifta/Deband: "Damage Taken Decrease Rate" sounds like it's the damage reduction, when really it's the damage after reduction. Shorten it to just "Damage Taken".

• Personal Shop, Searching: For outfit gender, the male and female options use different phrases (copied from base PSO2 I guess). Mismatched Strings

• Personal Shop, Listing: When listing an item, the price after tax/fee is called "Seller's Fee Deductions", which sounds like "this is the deduction amount". It should be reworded to indicate that it's the amount the seller gets at the end. Perhaps "Profit After Fees"? Deduction?

• Change Online Status: For the "Open Messaging" setting, the default "Open Messaging Setting" text has the second line cut off. Cut Off Line

• Edit Symbol Art: When picking or editing the color for a part, we can't drag/move the color selection window around. This means it can get in the way of seeing what the color looks like accurately (or at all) in the composition before selecting it. Overlay Issues

• NPC Messages: I was out in the field, editing symbol art. Players near me eneded up killing enemies and it counted for me for one of the beginner quests. This triggered an NPC to start talking to me, which closed the various interfaces I was working in. When this happens the interfaces should be dimmed or made more translucent and kept open instead.

• Item Previews: For items with a required equip level other than 1, the required item level text is slightly cut off by the current item level text. Level Requirement

• Kudos: The notification at the bottom of the screen when sending a player Kudos from the right-click menu is untranslated. Untranslated

@Rydian said in Closed Beta Issues / Feedback:

World: I got stuck floating in a spot between two rocks, and went to do a ground slam and got stuck even harder. I was able to fast travel out. These screenshots may show where I was located.

I got stuck a few times too but I found that if you just wait there for like 20-30 seconds without moving, while in the falling animation, it'll just automatically teleport you to somewhere in your zone above ground to unstuck you. I'm not sure if it works all the time though

@Rydian said in Closed Beta Issues / Feedback:

• Class Skills: Upon learning a class skill, the game says "You have leveled up" at the bottom, despite my character's level not increasing. If this was an increase in Battle Power, the message should say that instead.

It says that in base PSO2 when you level up skills as well.

I got stuck in several area's too, a few areas where the red barriers and the cliffs meet seem to be the worst for getting stuck, I suspect this will not be a problem when the game goes live though.