So, about the restricted areas.

@Zeke said in So, about the restricted areas.:

Expect NGS to be massive on launch.

How many of the actual zones are even going to be available on release asides from the one available in the beta? seems like its just the Beach area, the Forest and the Abandoned looking facility.

The beta didn't even include the starting area

@Wintermute9 said in So, about the restricted areas.:

How many of the actual zones are even going to be available on release asides from the one available in the beta? seems like its just the Beach area, the Forest and the Abandoned looking facility.

The BETA was completely restructured just to test the game. It has no relevance to how the actual game will be laid out. They even cut out the story entirely for the beta and did an original barebones story similar to how Square-Enix made some early demos for the Bravely series games.

@Ragnawind Yes I am aware of that but I was wondering if all the zones will be available for example the Desert, Tundra and Volcanic region. The only non acceccible region that could be highlighted on the map was the Beach, forest and abandoned facility which were not available in the Beta.

@Ragnawind Yes I am aware of that but I was wondering if all the zones will be available for example the Desert, Tundra and Volcanic region. The only non acceccible region that could be highlighted on the was the Beach, forest and abandoned facility witch were not available in the Beta.

Over 9 zones were datamined. All I can say without spoiling. We'll know exactly what we'll get at launch. Either way all the datamining shows it to be very big.

Massive on launch, you say?

@The-Merfox said in So, about the restricted areas.:

Guess I was right it was just the Beach area forest and Abandoned facility/Lab.

Pretty funny this guy assumed data mined info confirmed massive launch day content. When it could have been work in progress for upcoming content...

Pretty funny this guy assumed data mined info confirmed massive launch day content. When it could have been work in progress for upcoming content...

Indeed, before the prologue stream he also talked about the launch level cap being 70 based on datamining in other topics, there was just no way it was going to be that high.

Just chiming in from info in prologue 4. But the difference could be areas with high combat power requirement. The bridge may take you to a "Safe" section, probably connected to the story or just general travel. While the other zones may very well be shields designed to keep players with lower combat score from entering. Just speculating like everyone else.

@FoolsArcana Based on the map shown in the pusonicomi episode from last week and the prologue 4 stream, the newly announced areas should take place in the following locations:

alt text

The 2 bridges in the closed beta were connecting to a region further north than the map above and connecting to the ??? region in the east, and seems like both of these 2 regions are not going to be available at launch.

@Ezodagrom That could also be it. I know the Resol forest specifically is supposed to be a high combat power area from prologue 4. I'm not sure about the Lab. And If I'm not mistaken, we actually start on the beach where the other shield generators are? That's less likely to be high combat power but just trying to throw ideas around. The bridges might be different because they extend to other continents.

Again, speculation, but they literally just could have been put in place for the purpose of the beta too.

@FoolsArcana The starting village is already confirmed to be in west aelio, I think it may be the small island to the southwest.

@Ezodagrom Yeyeyeyeyeyeye. Not sure if it's the island or not. I was fairly sure I saw somewhere that we started on the beach.

I'm sure a little island like that would have beaches.

@Ezodagrom said in So, about the restricted areas.:

Indeed, before the prologue stream he also talked about the launch level cap being 70 based on datamining in other topics, there was just no way it was going to be that high.

Good job! You found one thing I was wrong about. Strangely that doesn't seem to invalidate the rest of the things I've been right about and proving you wrong in. Nice try.

Bit amazed how many I've managed to get a grudge against me over proving them wrong. You guys seriously need to take the forums less seriously. That can't be mentally healthy for you. Especially since you keep repeating that same paragraph in every thread about NGS I've been apart of. Talk about a stalkerish attitude.

@The-Merfox said in So, about the restricted areas.:

Wow you have access to the full game? You know all the content that we're getting all the way to the last item? Please tell me just how much we're getting!

Toning down the sarcasm you do know we're getting more than what pso2 got when it first launched in 2012 right? If the game can keep everyone occupied for over 50 hours before getting bored I'd call that massive. People call genshin impact small with only two regions. Something tells me you're one of those people.