Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP

Well they said JP and Global was going to have web link events, so there’s that.

I say keep them split, Keep the global toxicity and censorship (among other things) on global

One of the goals is to get rid of the censorship by unifying the services. Especially since there would be issues with characters that already exist below global's minimum height. Maybe have some unified blocks and then some separate blocks for people that don't want to play with the other side.

@Weirdo At that point just keep them separate, no need for all the extra work. That censorship that global has is going nowhere and no one on the jp client wants to assimilate to that

The goal is to wipe out the censorship that has no valid reason to exist in the first place.

@Weirdo And im telling you thats not going to happen, if it was, ngs wouldnt have it. People have been pushing to get rid of it for months

with how pro censorship global pso2 is.

no way this is going to happen ever.

Technically there is a way to have censorship if it is done clientside, basically any model/texture differences would just be a matter of the client loading the region's version. The main tricky part is the height, but that can be rectified by simply not loading the character and using a placeholder model for that character.

A unified service is simply superior to a separate service. Global is just going to be an inferior server to JP as things stand. I personally moved to JP, but I would like to see a Unified Service still.

Sonia earrings is the reason the height restriction will not be lifted! I am surprised how you guys have not noticed these in-game cosmetics.

@RainGnyu I don't get it. I looked up a picture and they are just cross shaped earrings. What does that have to do with anything.

However, if they switch to a unified service and the height restriction stays on the global client, you would probably be able to bypass it with the JP client. As I doubt they would force the restriction on their JP players. It might be a case where placeholders would be used if a character is too short, but again, just use the JP client if it is a unified service.

@Archetype-Luna said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@RainGnyu I don't get it. I looked up a picture and they are just cross shaped earrings. What does that have to do with anything.

It's their obtuse, "christian" trolling. Just report and move on.

@The-Merfox said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@Archetype-Luna said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

It's their obtuse, "christian" trolling. Just report and move on.

I'm Christian, or I try to be. Not easy when people actively seek to upset me, but I try. At any rate, I can assure you, real Christians don't waste their time on fruitless efforts such as trolling. The false ones do that, and the evangelical ones tend to hate anything they don't understand. I don't think Christian faith applies here. But yes, @Archetype-Luna you should try to ignore him. I'm sure his post made zero sense, and wasn't really on topic.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

At any rate, I can assure you, real Christians don't waste their time on fruitless efforts such as trolling.

Hence my use of quotation marks when saying "christian". I don't believe they're even remotely sincere, but they've only really ever used religious language or hinted at religious imagery to make their point, like just now referring to cross earrings as the reason why it's wrong to want short characters, or saying censorship is "elegant visually and liturgically".

Also, I don't necessarily doubt you, but claiming "real" christians don't do X or aren't like X is just going down the No true Scotsman fallacy, so let's just not go down that path. Point is, Rain's a troll, christian or not.

@The-Merfox said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

At any rate, I can assure you, real Christians don't waste their time on fruitless efforts such as trolling.

Hence my use of quotation marks when saying "christian". I don't believe they're even remotely sincere, but they've only really ever used religious language or hinted at religious imagery to make their point, like just now referring to cross earrings as the reason why it's wrong to want short characters, or saying censorship is "elegant visually and liturgically".

Also, I don't necessarily doubt you, but claiming "real" christians don't do X or aren't like X is just going down the No true Scotsman fallacy, so let's just not go down that path. Point is, Rain's a troll, christian or not.

I said what I said because to be Christian, is to attempt to walk Christ like, by following the examples laid out for anyone of the faith. It's not an easy road, and it requires understanding more than anything. One thing we were not to do, was shove our faith down the throats of others. It has to be a choice. Something many have forgotten. Only those that want to listen may, so for him to spout nonsense like this doesn't actually help bring anyone to said faith, if that's what he'd later claim was his goal. But for me, its insulting he'd use religious allegory, or symbols to sell some lie, thus why I called him false. But I hear you, we won't go down that road.

The no true Scotsman fallacy always makes me laugh whenever I hear someone spout off, because that's something your born into. And I didn't know what he was posting until Luna said that they were earrings, so I temporarily unblocked Rain to see which ones. His need to be snarky, and troll, is why I blocked him. Had he carried himself differently maybe I'd have been willing to hear him out on some of his points, but frankly we are well passed that point, because he's made it abundantly clear, he had no intention of ever hearing the points of others.

if they make it to where jp servers and na servers can play together ima hop back on jp client and show off my loli UwU