Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP

@Demon-Ashi said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

if they make it to where jp servers and na servers can play together ima hop back on jp client and show off my loli UwU

this is why we got height restriction on GL.

@Fattest-Leg Because of paranoia even though there are games that do so much worse like Senren Kagura? It's not like JP players are morally bankrupt. It's not like we see much worse in other media.

It shouldn't be a reason against a unified service. They can just use placeholder models on global clients if they really cared enough to censor, despite a unified service meaning that you could use another client to bypass the censorship.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@The-Merfox said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

At any rate, I can assure you, real Christians don't waste their time on fruitless efforts such as trolling.

Hence my use of quotation marks when saying "christian". I don't believe they're even remotely sincere, but they've only really ever used religious language or hinted at religious imagery to make their point, like just now referring to cross earrings as the reason why it's wrong to want short characters, or saying censorship is "elegant visually and liturgically".

Also, I don't necessarily doubt you, but claiming "real" christians don't do X or aren't like X is just going down the No true Scotsman fallacy, so let's just not go down that path. Point is, Rain's a troll, christian or not.

I said what I said because to be Christian, is to attempt to walk Christ like, by following the examples laid out for anyone of the faith. It's not an easy road, and it requires understanding more than anything. One thing we were not to do, was shove our faith down the throats of others. It has to be a choice. Something many have forgotten. Only those that want to listen may, so for him to spout nonsense like this doesn't actually help bring anyone to said faith, if that's what he'd later claim was his goal. But for me, its insulting he'd use religious allegory, or symbols to sell some lie, thus why I called him false. But I hear you, we won't go down that road.

The no true Scotsman fallacy always makes me laugh whenever I hear someone spout off, because that's something your born into. And I didn't know what he was posting until Luna said that they were earrings, so I temporarily unblocked Rain to see which ones. His need to be snarky, and troll, is why I blocked him. Had he carried himself differently maybe I'd have been willing to hear him out on some of his points, but frankly we are well passed that point, because he's made it abundantly clear, he had no intention of ever hearing the points of others.

It’s funny that you mentioned religious imagery what imagery you think they are using. Also interesting how it seems you on both side of the fence.......Luke warm!

@RainGnyu said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

Also interesting how it seems you on both side of the fence.......Luke warm!

I'm not even going to try to understand what RainGnyu is trying to say in recent posts, but I read this and found the implicit mixture of sayings pretty funny. Like, "The grass is always hotter on the other side of the fence"? 🤣

@Miraglyth said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@RainGnyu said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

Also interesting how it seems you on both side of the fence.......Luke warm!

I'm not even going to try to understand what RainGnyu is trying to say in recent posts, but I read this and found the implicit mixture of sayings pretty funny. Like, "The grass is always hotter on the other side of the fence"? 🤣

Well, that's because the person on the other side of the fence isn't watering their plants or grass. But this is way off topic.

Edit: To clarify, he's talking about a passage in Revelations. That you'll either be on one side or the other, and one side is of God, the other, Satan. Thus the other side of the fence being hotter, is something that actually makes sense. He called me lukewarm, because of the belief God calls those not committed to him lukewarm, but he's misusing that quote in direct conflict with with Christ's teachings. That quote is often one of, if not the most misunderstood, and misused quotes there are. He would have me stand with him, condemning those who want this unified service, and the ability to do as they please with their fictional characters. I will not judge people who are kind, and caring, because they do not deserve it, and I will only ever be judged as I have judged others.

If I see someone doing something wrong I will say something, but unlike Rain, I refuse to apply that logic to video games. Its fiction, it deals not with real human beings, but with digitally created characters. If I was like him, I'd be up in arms about games like GTA V, or any game that allows murder, theft, adulterous behavior, etc. because all of these games allow you to do something God forbids, even the act of gaming would be forbidden, because to some archaic belief structures, playing games or watching television could be considered idolatrous if I followed Rain's logic.

But again, its the games cause (X) behavior argument. One Rain will lose at every turn. People that apply man's organised religion, to ones true faith, always use their religious faith to argue against everything that they don't agree with, when their original arguments fail. Again, its way off topic of the thread, but Im clarifying how Rain trys to derail threads he doesn't like, so that the rest of you have a better understanding of his tactics.

@Archetype-Luna said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@RainGnyu I don't get it. I looked up a picture and they are just cross shaped earrings. What does that have to do with anything.

However, if they switch to a unified service and the height restriction stays on the global client, you would probably be able to bypass it with the JP client. As I doubt they would force the restriction on their JP players. It might be a case where placeholders would be used if a character is too short, but again, just use the JP client if it is a unified service.

I still say keep them separate. The jp community is far more pleasant to play with than the global one imo.

@Fattest-Leg said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@Demon-Ashi said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

if they make it to where jp servers and na servers can play together ima hop back on jp client and show off my loli UwU

this is why we got height restriction on GL.

Last I checked Loli's are just childlike characters. Theres literally nothing wrong with that

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@RainGnyu I don't get it. I looked up a picture and they are just cross shaped earrings. What does that have to do with anything.

However, if they switch to a unified service and the height restriction stays on the global client, you would probably be able to bypass it with the JP client. As I doubt they would force the restriction on their JP players. It might be a case where placeholders would be used if a character is too short, but again, just use the JP client if it is a unified service.

I still say keep them separate. The jp community is far more pleasant to play with than the global one imo.

I've met plenty of good people in Global, the problem with global is the minority that likes to screw things up for everyone else. You can't treat a whole community in a negative light, based on the actions of the few or the one. It's not fair to do so.

People like claiming that JP is the land of the chosen in comparison, but i doubt that's true.

I've met plenty of good people in Global, the problem with global is the minority that likes to screw things up for everyone else. You can't treat a whole community in a negative light, based on the actions of the few or the one. It's not fair to do so.

I go off my experience. Theres no room for much else. You may see it one way, someone else may see it another way. Ive had enough of people calling me out of my name and slandering me simply because I play on jp (you know the p*do client). Theres ALOT of that on these boards that ive seen. @Yggranya I wouldnt call it the land of the chosen, I for sure would call it the place to play pso2 to its fullest without restrictions

@XenoBladeX37645 Haven't had that experience in game, and I main a character that's the shortest you can get. Think we could private chat, so I can get a better understanding of your meaning? As to not derail the thread further. If you specifically mean these threads only, that's a minority. Literally the minority I was talking about. And those that call everyone a p*do like that have to be teens, far too immature to understand that it's never wise to falsely accuse people of stuff they haven't done. I've seen the same behavior in anime forums, and its always the case.

@XenoBladeX37645 And i think the japanese are just as much humans as the rest of us. Sure, maybe open loathing is replaced with all consuming seething, but that's not exactly a good thing either. Surely not enough to endorse them at every turn. Yes, some people do that.

But hey, i see you don't care about dealing with other people but the (yes, arbitrary) restrictions. Which makes me wonder what the "pleasant jp community" had anything to do with this.

@Yggranya There is also the quality of service. JP is better monetized for example. Like I started this suggestion not because of the JP community, but because JP's quality of service is just better.

@XenoBladeX37645 I don't think there would be too much interaction between the two. Like the toxicity would probably stay on the global side. Like you can see it FFXIV, how a global community still does stay within their region in a unified service. A few people move around, but most stay nearby. The main reason for a unified service is the quality of service that JP has, the better communication with the developers and so on.

Sadly our communication is handled by a third party, ESTsoft. And we hear nothing from them, unless they’re the guys that do the stream translations. XD

So what is the purpose of this thread? Is it hope that the GMs send this up to those that can do something about it? Are you guys trying to accomplish something with this discussion?