Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP

@Yggranya not quite sure where you getting all the aggressiveness from, I just said the global players are more casual oriented, is it a bad thing? The PSO2 devs themselves said global players are doing more casual things in game, and in FFXIV the data shows

savage.png

@HarmlessSyan said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

Global had huge advantage in terms of gearing and having EP6 balancing (many QoL buffs) already in EP3

What it didn't have was a headstart on the Ep6 grinds. Give me a year to run Divide Quests and a few months of Space-Time Interstice with not much else before Twisted With Hatred arrives as the newest content, and I'd absolutely be running it when it arrives. That I haven't had that year and literally can't run Hatred doesn't mean I magically prefer casual content. This comparison doesn't hold up.

@Miraglyth while having klauz unit will help it is not 100% necessary, you are required about the same DPS as you need for solo Sodam Depth 100 which have been done without any units equipped - of course most people can't do this but it shows that Klauz units aren't a requirement.

Final Battle: Space-time Interstice was limited to 2 runs a day for the longest time, so global having 10 a day is already cutting it down from 50 to 10 days of runs to hit 100.

I think you have posted before that you didn't even bother doing Divide for the longest time so any extra time isn't going to help that much - it is like before the klauz unit exchange, only the people going after Steel weapons still did Divide else it was pretty dead content. I only started farming Divide heavily after they announced the klauz unit exchange - and during the time I was able to get 1 unit to drop off Primordial Darkness and getting enough modules (did buy a few Mitra) to exchange the other 2 pieces before the boost week came along - in 2 months, which global now had divide for alot longer than that. Not to mention Primordial Darkness trigger was given to everyone and I believe is buyable to spam on global for an unit direct drop, JP have to rely solely on UQ.

@Miraglyth while having klauz unit will help it is not 100% necessary, you are required about the same DPS as you need for solo Sodam Depth 100

What will also help is a full year of practise specifically with Episode 6, and gear improvement across the board, not just units. You can dismiss that as "not necessary" all you want but with that uninterrupted breadth of time I would unquestionably have been better prepared.

Final Battle: Space-time Interstice was limited to 2 runs a day for the longest time, so global having 10 a day is already cutting it down

JP got that quest five months earlier while Global was still in Episode 5 with a level cap of 90, and their clear cap increased from 2 to 10 the same day that it released on Global. There is literally no way you can spin this as being better on Global. Less worse, sure, but in absolutely no way better.

I think you have posted before that you didn't even bother doing Divide for the longest time so any extra time isn't going to help that much

I posted before that I couldn't get to Divide because I was struggling to keep up with our campaign spam and catch up on Global's other content. I got to Endless weeks after it arrived. I got to Parallel World weeks after it arrived. Global has rushed our content. I've been struggling to catch up for months entirely because of that pace and the need to farm SG like a lunatic because of how badly we've been treated on that front. (As an update on that situation I've since solo S ranked Stages 31-35, though I'm still not strong enough to defeat any boss in that set or Mitra on 30 unless I get lucky with the stage modifiers.)

I am not being inconsistent; I'm saying that JP have had their content for a much longer time, at a much more manageable pace, that makes it way easier to keep on top of everything. If we'd had the same pacing and the same lack of campaign interruption that would have allowed me to both gear and skill up for a year of Episode 6, I'd be doing harder content. Fact.

That we haven't had that luxury doesn't make me a casual player, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That's why it's unfair to say that JP players are doing harder content than Global players because they're better. We don't know that, we simply haven't had the same opportunities to prepare for it to the extent that the comparison becomes impossible.

Which is a nice little segue back to the purpose of this topic; you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to the measured pacing of progression that New Genesis has been announced to start with in Prologue 4 today.

@HarmlessSyan Agressiveness? Pfft...

A year old data list showing how pointless it is to make these things, and some people are still salty about delays for ultimates. Is it any wonder when the developers finally pull their heads out of their own asses and stop wasting so much time on those things? It shouldn't be, and the only bad thing is that they still refuse to stop making them altogether. I'm sure the developers can make something challenging without any one-shots DPS checks or other recycled raid mechanics in NGS. Not so sure about FFXIV.

Yeah, yeah, "something, something, would stop playing if they weren't there", but an insignificant minority wouldn't be much of a loss. They basically continue to make these solely for streamers.

@Yggranya yea, I know it's hard for people like you that absolute despise playing with other players to tackle difficult group content and instead making excuses why the content is bad and constantly want solo content in an online game. Regardless what you say about FFXIV, it is still one of the more successful MMOs currently out there with a global unified service. Yes the data is 1 year old but so what? I would hardly consider making savage content for the over 1/4 to 1/3 of players on JP servers to be pointless. It would probably be worth it even for the 10%-20% NA/EU servers.

I seriously don't understand why you are playing online games when you hate playing with others so much. Perhaps find yourself a single player game now that you dont have AVX support

I think that unifying the services would actually be a great idea, especially for this game. Like, I could go on and on about the fact that certain ships have way too low of a population, and having a larger playerbase would also help keep people playing(because nobody wants to play a dead game.)

One of the biggest reasons I think it'd be great for this game specifically, though? The fact that I know multiple people in North America who don't play PSO2 Global because they don't want to start over from their PSO2 JP accounts is just sad. And like, I can't blame them at all, I sure wouldn't want to start over on a new account.

This is an unfortunate side effect of a game taking 8 years to be localized, despite being a really good game. Everyone who wanted to play badly enough just played the JP version, and now Global is either new players or those who didn't mind starting over.

It'd be pretty great if we could just unify the servers. Why couldn't ships just have dedicated locations for their servers? This wouldn't be the first mmo to do that.

@Xiao said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

I think that unifying the services would actually be a great idea, especially for this game. Like, I could go on and on about the fact that certain ships have way too low of a population, and having a larger playerbase would also help keep people playing(because nobody wants to play a dead game.)

One of the biggest reasons I think it'd be great for this game specifically, though? The fact that I know multiple people in North America who don't play PSO2 Global because they don't want to start over from their PSO2 JP accounts is just sad. And like, I can't blame them at all, I sure wouldn't want to start over on a new account.

This is an unfortunate side effect of a game taking 8 years to be localized, despite being a really good game. Everyone who wanted to play badly enough just played the JP version, and now Global is either new players or those who didn't mind starting over.

It'd be pretty great if we could just unify the servers. Why couldn't ships just have dedicated locations for their servers? This wouldn't be the first mmo to do that.

Definitely think you pointed out the best reasons.

Frankly, once NGS hits, regular PSO2 is going to desperately need that increased playerbase number.

@Xiao Most players that stopped are supposedly waiting until NGS launches to play PSO2, so thatb won't be a problem at launch. As time goes on though, and short attention spans kick in, well the number of players long term is still an unknown. I have noticed however an influx of newer players on Ship 3 at least. I've been showing them quality of life things when I bump into them, such as easy leveling and the auto loot function. So who's to say what will happen at NGS's launch in regards to that. I've mostly been staying out of this specific topic though, because I don't exactly know if it would even help anything. Only comment I made here was about scratch tickets, and how I disagreed with Darkwingz about them being subject to the same laws loot boxes might be later down the road, given that loot boxes didn't allow you to trade in game for the items you wanted, whereas scratch tickets did. Every other aspect of this topic I have mixed feelings on, but I've decided to mostly abstain.

@Yggranya yea, I know it's hard for people like you that absolute despise playing with other players to tackle difficult group content and instead making excuses why the content is bad and constantly want solo content in an online game. Regardless what you say about FFXIV, it is still one of the more successful MMOs currently out there with a global unified service. Yes the data is 1 year old but so what? I would hardly consider making savage content for the over 1/4 to 1/3 of players on JP servers to be pointless. It would probably be worth it even for the 10%-20% NA/EU servers.

I seriously don't understand why you are playing online games when you hate playing with others so much. Perhaps find yourself a single player game now that you dont have AVX support

Yeah, when a mission that is designed for working together fails, not for peoples skill or lack there of, but the fact that they are not playing the game, it sure is surprising why someone might get tired of that...

The question isn't why i play online games (since most of them allow me to avoid all those idiots) but why you think game developers should keep forcing the co-op (doesn't work) aspect into the game, rather than just design missions that let us choose if we want to do it solo or in a group. I don't know whyt you think it would make it worse, but i'll say that it can't get any worse than this.

@Yggranya said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

Yeah, when a mission that is designed for working together fails, not for peoples skill or lack there of, but the fact that they are not playing the game, it sure is surprising why someone might get tired of that...

The question isn't why i play online games (since most of them allow me to avoid all those idiots) but why you think game developers should keep forcing the co-op (doesn't work) aspect into the game, rather than just design missions that let us choose if we want to do it solo or in a group. I don't know whyt you think it would make it worse, but i'll say that it can't get any worse than this.

14c7a815-ac5d-4548-9657-26db1ed1fbb5-image.png

@Fattest-Leg I don't think some people even remotely understand the concept of an online, and multiplayer game. Even base PSO2 is based around the multiplayer component of the game. Sure you can solo most things, but the end game challenges require good pre-made teams, teamwork in general, and more than one player.

Isn't that the whole point of an MMO? To encourage online interactions with a group of people? I'd be damned if that wasn't the case to begin with lol

@Fattest-Leg Just an excuse.

@Anarchy-Marine

I don't think some people even remotely understand the concept of an online, and multiplayer game. Even base PSO2 is based around the multiplayer component of the game.

Yes, and we all know how well that works out. After all, there isn't any real multiplayer when the only time it works is in some static pre-made and everything else is just dealing with the laziness of morons. "Teamwork" is anathema to most public players and "pre-made teams" is antithesis to the MMO label.

Sure you can solo most things, but the end game challenges require good pre-made teams, teamwork in general, and more than one player.

That is only true for the simple reason that game developers are obsessed with recycling old ideas. I mean, has anyone ever even tried making something "challenging" for solo instead of just copying raids? PSO combat would work much better for changes than the "combat" of FFXIV/WoW.