Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP

@RainGnyu

I did mention NGS spike yes but again that yet to prove it can hold it own as it current version shown it couldn't. You have to understand that wend a brand new game out especially online only games that day 1 stuff is never real good indication of whether people like it or not, you have to wait 6 or so months to real gauge how player base is doing. IF maintain stable sizeable players then sure it good but if not and constantly losing players per moth turn around, that press for concern.

Like I said NGS will spike the numbers but challenge is whether it will be able hold good portion of it

for comparison to FFXIV online doing right now

FFXIVsteam numbers.png

Literately a night and day comparison

@akh101

Are you using only Steam for comparison?

Because not the majority use Steam for FFXIV.

c9dc57a6-dc98-45fc-8924-afa84ebd9e42-image.png

@Teasa I was using Stearm DB for convenient sake as I was truing find stats on PSO2 but steam was closest thing I could get and FfXIV was on it, but prove the point of why Global numbers are major concern

@akh101 said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@Teasa I was using Stearm DB for convenient sake as I was truing find stats on PSO2 but steam was closest thing I could get and FfXIV was on it, but prove the point of why Global numbers are major concern

You can never expect a free2play to get the same numbers as a buy and sub to play. The quality is so great most players won't even look at free2play. The most a free2play can usually achieve is around a tenth of what games like FFXIV can retain after months of operation.

@akh101 e172934f-61fd-4015-b6c0-678596534959-image.png

oh my god guys old school runescape is dying, better merge it with Destiny 2

Jokes aside, not every game has to be FFXIV, and there's the fact that right now there's no real point to playing the game, most people are done farming the best equipment in the game, they know it won't become obsolete and that there's not much to gain other than some cosmetics if you stay on vanilla for the next month.

Does anyone know how the Japanese players feel about being isolated from the rest of the world? If they want the services unified as well then we could work together for a better chance of it happening.

@Weirdo said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

Does anyone know how the Japanese players feel about being isolated from the rest of the world? If they want the services unified as well then we could work together for a better chance of it happening.

Most Japanese players don't seem to like working with english players, at least, if JP of PSO2 is anything to go by. Only a small subset of JP players are willing to play with foreigners over there.

@Edes It is not about becoming FFXIV. A unified service doesn't do that. However, FFXIV has a better service infrastructure that gives players of all regions the same level of communication with the developers. Someone, during one of the FFXIV fan fests, asked Yoshi P is a QoL improvement could be done and the response was yes; 4 months later, it was added to the game. During the last fan fest, they took on live questions via zoom and answered them. There is no middle man company like what we currently have in Global. It isn't becoming FFXIV if you are just improving the Quality of Service; the gameplay is not being copied.

@Ragnawind I wouldn't say that for certain. I've heard some rather wholesome stories of JP players politely switching to English when they realize that someone could only speak it. It is a very much in the air thing. Granted these stories were from Ship 2 so who knows.

during a long discord conversation i heard things like "japanese people are loyal people who stick to their countries games" or that its "culture" to be playing games like pso2 - and its recieving a way bigger hype over there then well ever see here

also i know from actual japanese people that japanese dont like specific countries and people (a thing like NA people making fun of BR ones - or the ever lasting hate between french and german etc) but every time i mentioned to a japanese person that im german they instantly fell in love with the fact that im german...so my guess jp guys love german for some reason?

anyways...idk if having a unified service would be possible...whenever i hear the word microsoft together with (input name) theres always going to be issues...ok theres an xbox version of this game already - but a unified service would mean that ps4/5 gets access to global ngs as well...wich might annoy microsoft in a way? idk just a thought maybe someone with actual first hand knowledge can enlighten me and other people reading this

@JuggernautGTX

My understanding with Xbox cross play is it basically unified services to begin with mean any game that wend you play on Xbox you can carry it over to other platform with that login so long they don't have issues with it. Only party that might have issues with it be Sony who for record has been very stiff on the subject. Considering you can make Steam PSO2 with out having Xbox account and still be able to play with Xbox players, same goes with Epic Games Store players, differences is friends system are not link with each other.

@JuggernautGTX Microsoft seems overall rather open to the idea of crossplay, especially since they allowed Steam and Epic. Sony is definitely the harder one to convince as @akh101 has said, though in this situation, Sony does gain to benefit from allowing it as it would open up Global to them, which is something that can be used as leverage since Sony has more to gain from this than Microsoft. Even if they had to open up JP to Xbox, that doesn't really hurt Sony as Xbox is not that popular in Japan. Furthermore, Sega isn't a no-name company; while Sega's name may not carry the same weight as it used to, it is still a venerable company which does help in these types of negotiations.

The only sour parts are the current PSO2 Global numbers, which hopefully NGS can patch up.

@Archetype-Luna said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

@Edes It is not about becoming FFXIV. A unified service doesn't do that. However, FFXIV has a better service infrastructure that gives players of all regions the same level of communication with the developers. Someone, during one of the FFXIV fan fests, asked Yoshi P is a QoL improvement could be done and the response was yes; 4 months later, it was added to the game. During the last fan fest, they took on live questions via zoom and answered them. There is no middle man company like what we currently have in Global. It isn't becoming FFXIV if you are just improving the Quality of Service; the gameplay is not being copied.

@Ragnawind I wouldn't say that for certain. I've heard some rather wholesome stories of JP players politely switching to English when they realize that someone could only speak it. It is a very much in the air thing. Granted these stories were from Ship 2 so who knows.

Not sure how PSO2 JP got the idea to improve the character models to a multi race capability.

It could've been a thing the devs decided to do on their own given how decrepit the "racial advantage" model is these days.

(Not to mention the D&D community drama over racial stat variation because of "that certain type of constantly unpleased complainers.")

As far as I'm aware, FFXIV has a higher ratio of cosmetic offerings to dollar cost on their cash shop.

So if every player bought multiple items alongside their sub and expansion pack(s), it's indeed a better funded game than PSO2.

And because FFXIV players asked for gender lock removal of current races and released fan art to show what they wanted, there was already funding there for that to happen.

PSO2 has always been F2P, and as I said above, the Scratch model will be likely have a higher level of legislative intervention sometime in the future.

I honestly was expecting a higher cost for outfits in FFXIV, but if you compare that set purchase to the vast majority of the glamor system with F2P subscription, it not only remains consumer friendly, but is something that countries like the Netherlands would approve by comparison.

I hate to admit it, but PSO2 has fallen behind in the marketing side of things after running off the Loot Box Craze for so long.

(Nat that it'll sunset anytime soon thanks to NGS, but it simply won't make as much profit by comparison.)

@MasterDarkwingz big difference in subscription game and f2p. In FFXIV, cash shop items are really CASH items where you need to pay for it or be locked out of it. While in PSO2 f2p model, you can buy it on player shops with in game currency and not actually cost you real cash - much more f2p friendly. I play FFXIV and I don't use the mog station, especially when outfits/mounts cost more than 1 month subscription price.

I didn’t know FFXIV was subscription based!!! How is that a proper comparison to free to play? This changes everything!

@RainGnyu said in Unified Service for NGS between Global and JP:

I didn’t know FFXIV was subscription based!!! How is that a proper comparison to free to play? This changes everything!

yes, that difference on its own is where their arguments start breaking down, because both games use completely different models. With FFXIV, you have to pay a minimum of $12.99 a month just to play, also.