PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!

I’m gonna say it now , the hair from pso2 in ngs looks horrible like plastic or rubber. A lot of people I know who played the pso2 ngs beta had a major problem with this. I know this won’t change anything but I’m begging you please update the wears , outfits , face paints, facial hair , hair and all the other stuff from pso2 in ngs.

If you haven't seen, they already are in Japan with renewal scratches, but yes this means you need to obtain them again.

I've seen screenshots and footage of the remakes, and I find that the NGS versions are too glowy and glossy.

The monitor I play on is a TV, so I'll have to see how things look when official launches on Steam.

Just put bags over your heads, problem solved.

@Vashzaron only the popular ones tho my hairstyles they’re gonna look good in ngs but just concerned for other people

@FerrousAradicen said in PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!:

Just put bags over your heads, problem solved.

There soblem prolved

f6208bb29bbf6a793e05251da0de0d9f.png

@Vashzaron said in PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!:

If you haven't seen, they already are in Japan with renewal scratches, but yes this means you need to obtain them again.

Absolutely disgusting

unknown (1).png

unknown (4).png

It's not just the hair that really shows the base game's age, it's the faces too. People that will be coming to NGS with the thought of their character in a higher quality with updated textures/models from the base game are going to be sorely disappointed. Especially since you have to rebuy them.

unknown_2.png unknown (6).png

You can customize the base faces with the old PSO2 creator limitations, but as far as sliders and things, don't count on it.

Though I would like thicker lips and afro-centric feature options in the game (Done an edit in 5 minutes with Clip Studio) unknown (5).png

I'm hoping that the image manipulation AI used in converting anime to 4k is something SEGA's going to look at.

In terms of textures, a SEGA version for video games could add slightly better appearance in terms of technology available.

But unfortunately, NGS new mesh with a new coat of gloss is SEGA's official release schedule for at least 4 AC Scratches.

There's no telling what may happen once Base PSO2 model mesh becomes stale in 2030, but the items should at least be looked at from an image quality standpoint.

I didn't have a problem with this, and I recreated my PSO2 character as best I could in the NGS beta.pso20210514_202259_002.jpg

@sonic65101 said in PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!:

I didn't have a problem with this, and I recreated my PSO2 character as best I could in the NGS beta.pso20210514_202259_002.jpg

Is that NGS hair?

@Mattwo7 said in PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!:

Is that NGS hair?

That is PSO2 base game hair it can be used on the NGS models just like how NGS hair can be used on the PSO2 base game models.

@Mattwo7 said in PLEASE FIX PSO2 HAIR IN NGS!!!:

Is that NGS hair?

It's Base Hair 16 from PSO2.

@MasterDarkwingz I think they are going more in the direction of feeling like real world materials, even though it's stylized judging that they are giving the option to choose a subsurface skin tone which will determine the kind of coloration you'll get when light hits it. So many other anime games like Blue Protocol, Genshin Impact, and Tower of Fantasy are already doing the cel shaded look so I'm glad New Genesis is differentiating itself from that. I think this has the potential to have way broader appeal and ultimately more expression than the narrow lens of cell shaded anime. To be honest that's truer to the original PSO's vision, wanting it to have a universal comic book look, as the director had put it. I don't think they intend to "fix" it because it's a different art direction and unfortunately that makes all of our old characters look like vinyl figures haha.