Force underpowered as usual?

Anyone else feel like Force is lacking in this beta? From seeing other class gameplay, seems like they are a lot better for DPS

Right now as far as impressions go, its agreed that if you want to play Force and "castery" techs; You play Techer instead.

I really hate charging techniques up to do less damage than anyone else.

force compared to ranger well...i am doing prob 3 times the dmg on ranger than on force but...thats just me and im bad at caster...pretty sure theres some "ultimate force" player out there who does more dmg than all of us together

Charged Gifoie is like ilgrants in pso2, but yeah, somehow auto attacks net more dps than charged techc..

Techs being weak was already received as feedback from CBT2 or CBT1 in Japan.

@Ki-Rin If you're charging all your techs you're doing it wrong. For barta/gibarta you're so supposed to hit enemies 6/7 times with uncharged till the full emblem appears then do a charged one to do a attack with big bonus damage. Similar mechanic with zonde, foie also does a pretty decent damage over time with its uncharged ontop of normal damage.

As for how Fo holds up against dps wise, not super easy to judge that but I held aggro for a significant portion of the three UQs yesterday even while getting punched by the boss repeatedly. I've heard though that Te/Fo is a bit better.

Without some sort of quest like the rock bear damage calculation it's really hard to tell how Fo sizes up with the rest of the classes.

@Ki-Rin If you're talking about barta, you're supposed to build up markers with uncharged and then detonate with a charged barta. You'll know because a big ice symbol will be over the enemy.

Force is not underpowered like it is in PSO2 is just that now force works like Phantom with build up tech instead of charging all techs to deal enough damage making more easy to move in combat that how it is in PSO2 also affixing does give a good ramp up bonus.

build up techs are a bit questionable with uncharged doing virtually the same damage as a normal attack and the detonation about the same a PA.

I didn't feel like force was underpowered to me and from what I've noticed, your techs don't need charged. Most of your techs change, if you hold it. You don't need to hold to do damage. From what I've seen,

holding the skill only changes the form and how the skill is used. Like the fire wheel one, you press it and it's an AOE. You hold it for a few seconds and it's now a fiery laser from the sky.

Force feels underpowered for a variety of reasons, imo

• Main class skill (Photon Flare) is really bad (horrible uptime for a really weak effect)

• Techniques are barely stronger than normals and the bonus damage from playing to their mechanics isn't enough to compensate

• PP conversion is rendered almost completely ineffective thanks to new force gameplay revolving around using mostly uncharged techniques

• When attacking, you are slowed down significantly. This is a huge nerf from PSO2, where you could glide around at full running speed while in cast animations - but I haven't tried out other classes to see if this is intentional gameplay design or just Fo

Force is the only (or one of the only?) class lacking a counter, instead getting a guard that refunds a little pp - when other class counters do lots of damage

@LusterMain said in Force underpowered as usual?:

• When attacking, you are slowed down significantly. This is a huge nerf from PSO2, where you could glide around at full running speed while in cast animations - but I haven't tried out other classes to see if this is intentional gameplay design or just Fo

Force can't run around at full speed when charging techs in PSO2 either, it's phantom that can do that.

On another note, while NGS rod still retains some mobility, NGS wand comes to a complete stop when releasing techs.

@LusterMain said in Force underpowered as usual?:

Force is the only (or one of the only?) class lacking a counter, instead getting a guard that refunds a little pp - when other class counters do lots of damage

Force can counter, dodge an attack then attack immediately and it does bonus damage if you time it right.

@Ezodagrom said in Force underpowered as usual?:

Force can't run around at full speed when charging techs in PSO2 either, it's phantom that can do that.

On another note, while NGS rod still retains some mobility, NGS wand comes to a complete stop when releasing techs.

By "when attacking" I meant during cast animations. If you're in the air when you cast a tech you float around at full running speed (PSO2). And it is very unfortunate that NGS wand still freezes you in place while casting for some reason.

@Laep said in Force underpowered as usual?:

Force can counter, dodge an attack then attack immediately and it does bonus damage if you time it right.

Really? I stand corrected. I wasn't aware because the other classes all have counter-related (or similar mechanics) skills in their tree and Fo doesn't, so I was under the impression that it just didn't exist (Although the lack of counter skills on Fo might be something else to consider?). Now that you mentioned it, I can remember seeing rod doing counters in one of the prologue streams...