UQ's instanced. Why?

Everyone was having fun, tons of us killing boss mobs at the UQ spawn then when it starts it packs us into instances. Why? You almost created an old school MMO, SEGA.

probably to save loading framerates with big numbers of players. FFXIV handled it well though with giant FATE battles so I'm not certain why Sega couldn't handle it.

Yeah i was sad it was like an 8 man instanced raid, i was looking forward to a full 32 crazy time.

32 player UQs could happen in the future but for now 8 players is perfect last thing you need right now is a bunch of angry players complaining about poor performance from the amount of players on screen fighting one boss. Not to mention the HP scaling would need to be figured out from scratch to not make it feel like another exploration area or make it too hard.

Personally I detest these roaming ball of death parties that is happening in 32 players areas, be dazzled by a million numbers and lights on the screen.

its to keep out people who are not the right battle power, saw a lvl 3 waiting to do the UQ when it happened

Maybe there's some play balance concern. In JP CBTs, people generally had good impressions about the quest difficulty on MPA with less than full 8-player, or even on solo. I personally experienced a 3-player fight with Pedas Vera and it was nicely challenging. Its easy to guess that they fine-tuned quest parameters to make the quest balanced for MPAs without full members.

Also, probably this Pedas Vera UQ is the first prototype of their UQ. In a report of the survey result of JP CBT2, they commented that we could find the UQ difficulty is fine (70% of players answered the difficulty as "just right"), and take the difficulty of this quest as a reference for the development of new UQs.

This is just the beginning.

@YagyuChan said in UQ's instanced. Why?:

32 player UQs could happen in the future but for now 8 players is perfect last thing you need right now is a bunch of angry players complaining about poor performance from the amount of players on screen fighting one boss.

poor performance? running on highest settings giga smoothly with 32 ppl on map - doubt thats the problem but they prob wanted to keep some nostalgic stuff in the game like UQ instances

but ya it was a fun cbt (prob will stop playing cause...ugh i played too much for now and seen every pixel on every map at least twice) a ton of happy people running around spaming how cool the game is and how much fun they have to raid the entire map....to see new guys learning stuff like "map coords" if someone says "vet c2" etc - there been a dozen clueless ones always questionmarking xD

also been fun to check shops for 3* weapons - oh ya rifle for 400k + during cbt while i sold my dozen of 3* for 1k each...prob some guys were thinking that 3* are the new old "nemesis" weapons from global ep 3...idk its just funny that ppl care about money even during a (whiped) cbt

If it wasn't an instance then they wouldn't be able to keep out under powered players that would end up being a burden. The Battle Power requirement wouldn't work otherwise.

@JuggernautGTX said in UQ's instanced. Why?:

@YagyuChan said in UQ's instanced. Why?:

32 player UQs could happen in the future but for now 8 players is perfect last thing you need right now is a bunch of angry players complaining about poor performance from the amount of players on screen fighting one boss.

poor performance? running on highest settings giga smoothly with 32 ppl on map - doubt thats the problem but they prob wanted to keep some nostalgic stuff in the game like UQ instances

but ya it was a fun cbt (prob will stop playing cause...ugh i played too much for now and seen every pixel on every map at least twice) a ton of happy people running around spaming how cool the game is and how much fun they have to raid the entire map....to see new guys learning stuff like "map coords" if someone says "vet c2" etc - there been a dozen clueless ones always questionmarking xD

also been fun to check shops for 3* weapons - oh ya rifle for 400k + during cbt while i sold my dozen of 3* for 1k each...prob some guys were thinking that 3* are the new old "nemesis" weapons from global ep 3...idk its just funny that ppl care about money even during a (whiped) cbt

While I appreciate that you have to think about the lower end computers and consoles since today I found out during the UQ that beams and my GPU hate each other despite me running a mid range rig otherwise the game runs smooth.

Warframe eventually introduced a toggle to reduce the effects of other players projectiles and effects, hopefully Sega can introduce something similar.

@Horonelius said in UQ's instanced. Why?:

Warframe eventually introduced a toggle to reduce the effects of other players projectiles and effects, hopefully Sega can introduce something similar.

I'm pretty sure I saw something like that already in the options. But I didn't change it since running around and even during UQ I haven't had any troubles.