Serious concerns about the future of NGS

@Amari-Kigu The FO video that Juggernaut linked has a time stamp to specifically show a FO dodging without losing DPS, using the rod's counter attack after a dodge.

@Ezodagrom said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@Amari-Kigu The FO video that Juggernaut linked has a time stamp to specifically show a FO dodging without losing DPS, using the rod's counter attack after a dodge.

I never used rod so I can't comment, already said that 😛 I will say it again, crystal clear - NGS is not ready, it has issues that needs to be addressed and as always with cbts, there is a mixed response with hardcore and tryhard players saying everything if fine, when obviously certain aspects are not - I've seen this many times before, we got very little time in the beta to really test everything out so there isn't any point in arguing or pointing out little details that are not going to affect the discussion.

HP of dread monsters IS a problem, when your fighting exploration bosses for more than 10 - 15 - perhaps 20 minutes+ this isn't going to work, it might work for JP where players will help take something down if they see another player struggling but NA people will just ignore if they know its going to waste your time. This is a CBT where they have to take into account the 'average' player, not skilled gamers or the hardcore fanbase because that will only hurt the final product....that being said, they can't make it a cakewalk either and here lies the real trick in balancing it, and I see it clearly - this is going to be a challenge to balance NGS so its not only fun to play, and engaging....so far, I have only seen that in small doses.

Also, there is details on survey's taken on the JP server which also show a healthy discussion that further proves some balancing is needed, and I'm sure Sega are fully aware of the issues at hand.

@Amari-Kigu

Have you noticed that the easiest explanation for all your trouble is the fact that you're just bad at the game? Seriously sometimes the answer isn't that the game is too hard, but that it's all just lacking skill on the player side. There are plenty of players who couldn't have put more than 2 days max into the game and yet they can tackle all these bosses solo on any class combo.

@Amari-Kigu tryhard players? im just a filthy casual and the guys from the vids i linked are filthy casuals too - i dont wanna sound offensive here i just showed you that some of your replies made no sense...like the dps loss of a force while dodging or "missing" or "melee attacking with a rod" cause you clearly didn play force or else you wouldn be saying such things - so you are given actual footage of people who are playing the classes with REALLY no hardcore but rather easy to understand controls who are not struggling with the things you mentioned

as i said...you prob been just unlucky and had your 5 man group on a 30 player map as you tried to kill that vet...otherwise it wouldn take you 40 minutes - thats impossible theyre not having that much hp

@Hooonter said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@Amari-Kigu

Have you noticed that the easiest explanation for all your trouble is the fact that you're just bad at the game? Seriously sometimes the answer isn't that the game is too hard, but that it's all just lacking skill on the player side. There are plenty of players who couldn't put more than 2 days max into the game and yet they can tackle all these bosses solo on any class combo.

pff, lol Did I say the game is too hard? It's boring to spend 10+ minutes often far more on the same bosses, especially on veterans isn't hard, it is boring and unnecessary, the same way it shouldn't take an hour to find 10 vegetables or other resources like photon chunks.

If anything, I'd like these bosses hit harder in exchange for lower HP pools, make them more challenging for the players just less boring. The UQ Boss "Pettis" for instance, was actually easy and the attacks really easy to avoid entirely but having a vast HP pool made the fight drag on longer than it really needed too.

@JuggernautGTX said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@Amari-Kigu tryhard players? im just a filthy casual and the guys from the vids i linked are filthy casuals too - i dont wanna sound offensive here i just showed you that some of your replies made no sense...like the dps loss of a force while dodging or "missing" or "melee attacking with a rod" cause you clearly didn play force or else you wouldn be saying such things - so you are given actual footage of people who are playing the classes with REALLY no hardcore but rather easy to understand controls who are not struggling with the things you mentioned

as i said...you prob been just unlucky and had your 5 man group on a 30 player map as you tried to kill that vet...otherwise it wouldn take you 40 minutes - thats impossible theyre not having that much hp

But thats the issue, you are sounding offensive along with Hoonter. I played a FO to level 10, I used a multi-class weapon - I never used a rod once and for the most part extensively used PAs to maximize elemental weaknesses, some PAs especially Gibarta were fantastic when mobbing.

@Amari-Kigu said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

If anything, I'd like these bosses hit harder in exchange for lower HP pools, make them more challenging for the players just less boring. The UQ Boss "Pettis" for instance

there been lv 19 bosses on maps wich actually oneshot you if they hit

@Amari-Kigu Well, you're the one that brought up FO, and FO's only weapon in the beta was rod.

TE is a different type of class than FO, a close range melee/technic hybrid with a focus on suport. If your main goal is to use technics from a range, you should either play FO or use FO as a subclass while using rod, and not wand.

Also the results of the JP surveys was that dread enemies HP was increased for CBT2, so I guess their HP was considered too low before.

@Amari-Kigu

Yeah nobody nowadays says that a game is too hard. It's just "tedious", "boring", or "artificial difficulty", but being skilled in NGS would let you not have 10m+ fights with these enemies, or at least maintaining proper equipment through the beta would, whichever you were lacking.

@Ezodagrom said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

Also the results of the JP surveys was that dread enemies HP was increased for CBT2, so I guess their HP was considered too low before.

ya would be boring if you just 1 shot them

If anything, I'd like these bosses hit harder in exchange for lower HP pools, make them more challenging for the players just less boring. The UQ Boss "Pettis" for instance

there been lv 19 bosses on maps wich actually oneshot you if they hit

I know, Level 19 Hopeless Waulon. They are only difficult because everyone fighting them is obviously underlevelled. I went after it multiple times, it wasn't hard at all - just doing 1dmg because of the level difference...obviously it wasn't worth fighting, I imagine a lot of level 15s would be needed to take it down.

Unsure on the level gap needed to be able to do full damage against a boss, 3 levels below maybe?!pso20210516_212103_000.jpg

@Amari-Kigu youll need to be level 15 to do full dmg...lv 14 would be massively decreased dmg

also theres kinda of a tierlist for those bosses from hardest to weakest to kill (gonna use nicknames its on you to figure them out)

1. hanzo hattori
  2. doggo
  3. ruby weapon
  4. lizardman + flying pumpkin

@Amari-Kigu youll need to be level 15 to do full dmg...lv 14 would be massively decreased dmg

One level below wouldn't affect it, usually in any MMO it at least 3 levels below when things get a bit dicey, even a party of 15s with +40 *3 gear probably would have a tough time against Waulon

One level below wouldn't affect it, usually in any MMO it at least 3 levels below when things get a bit dicey, even a party of 15s with +40 *3 gear probably would have a tough time against Waulon

idk what you wanna tell but...been doing full dmg at lv 15 - also you dont need 3* gear at all 2* is just fine too

idk what you wanna tell but...been doing full dmg at lv 15 - also you dont need 3* gear at all 2* is just fine too

Its okay, I think we was both mis-reading our posts. At 15 vs Wualon you do full damage, at 14 you hit the level restriction cap so basically so basically 4 levels below anything is the minimum you can be to do full damage which is about right, I did notice an issue with Wualon though when a random event spawned nearby making him despawn (not that we was actively trying to kill him lol)

Another infrequent issue I came across was enemies stuck in rocks or the landscape which prevented trials from being completed. The target was not underground in a cave or something, it was stuck in this rock 😛 pso20210515_165010_000.jpg