Serious concerns about the future of NGS

@Ashen-Rust said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

At least you got to play. I watched a couple of hours of 1 frame a second and turned it off. The lag made it unplayable. I have no idea how I even made it to level 2. They need to rework the net code or something. The game looks great,but plays like a stuttering song.

Never had lag myself apart from the UQ with the boss doing the cross laser attack probably your specs are too low for the game to run optimally. While the servers were far from perfect that wouldn't have caused such issues you mentioned.

@AiC-L said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@JuggernautGTX said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@AiC-L said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@JuggernautGTX How is anyone dying to Bujin?

some melee die to his "round circle aoe" thing every now and then ( the one with the indicator)

Is it that much harder to see at point-blank compared to one dodge back? I was fighting them primarily using counters, and the one time I did get caught (lvl 10 vs lvl 10, 3/2/2 star armor, less than 10 total upgrades across them) I just recovered and sprinted out before the end. Took more from dash slashes than what hit me there. Maybe 3* gear really was just over the tipping point for the damage formula in the beta?

well i assume that not everyone is used to pso2 controls and stuff...so i KINDA understand op when he/she claims that vets are overtuned if he/she first times pso2 - but then i see all classes maxed 100 so idk what could be the problem here...but ya i guess some newer players might struggle on their first days

At least you got to play. I watched a couple of hours of 1 frame a second and turned it off. The lag made it unplayable. I have no idea how I even made it to level 2. They need to rework the net code or something. The game looks great,but plays like a stuttering song.

If the lag made it unplayable for you, then your pc/laptop quite simply isn't good enough. What are your specs?

I do think that they need to do a lot of work on the optimisation of this game though. No way this game should be getting frame drops like it did on recommended hardware. Urgent Quests were the worst for frame drops alonside central city at night.

@HermitST said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

If the lag made it unplayable for you, then your pc/laptop quite simply isn't good enough. What are your specs?

I do think that they need to do a lot of work on the optimisation of this game though. No way this game should be getting frame drops like it did on recommended hardware. Urgent Quests were the worst for frame drops alonside central city at night.

Bearing in mind we are playing an older build of the game so these fixes might have already been performed in the final product we just gotta wait and see.

Is this a graphical lag or network lag? I got graphical lag due to my device specs (I used lowest, and after that still turned off almost everything).

To be honest, right now I'm having withdrawal syndrome of not being able to play NGS. Even at the lowest graphic setting and with a lot of the graphic options turned off, everything looked gorgeous.

HP, I think a lot of PSO2 veterans know how it felt to fight against sponges, especially in UH where the mobs even got millions of hp. On a quite full block, people would call something like "C2 vet nogleth" and most, if not all, would rush to the area.

Movement is amazing. I only use Ranger and Tech sub, but Tech felt really satisfying whacking the enemies with wand, as satisfying as Etoile was for me. Ranger is really nice too since there's no need to reload and I can just keep shooting (even if Bujin came close I can just dodge.

One thing I haven't get used to with Te/Fo probably is the new Tech system. Gotta get used to it since I was trying to hit daityl to freeze it but to no avail rofl.

Can't wait to see all the areas at the main launch, and I'd love to try all the classes.

Kinda forgot. Does TE enhanced attacks apply the elements to enemy weak elem?

Oh, one more thing... I wonder if they will increase the frequency of upgrade mats like Monotite... or increased the spawn rate of chests(N-Grinder in general) too...

I loved my experience on fighter in NGS. The combat felt so fluid and smooth. The double counter into 5th attack felt so rewarding. I love the transition to open world and the graphics looked great. I also liked the general movement between the dashing/gliding/wall jumps. I would however like slightly faster photon dash and glide speeds like for glide of there was a sprinted version (similar to BnS). Wall jumping can be improved as well.

I think they really have a solid base. I hope the actual game has alot more content and I hope down the road along with killing things out on the world they maybe add actual dungeons (raids).

Overall though I really enjoyed playing NGS to the point that when the beta was over and I went back to PSO2 I just wanted to play NGS.

I never really got to test Bow during my recent level grind, but I noticed that katana's reach was a real challenge to find a good hitbox.

Hoping to see Braver built up in NGS to be something impressive enough to match Force for a full on space elf combat experience I expected from Newman when SEGA first announced the game.

(Minus the dwarfism, because censorship overlords.)

And there it is. Someone always needs to mention the dead horse of height censorship.

@Zeke So long as unfaithful services exist, censorship will never be a dead topic.

In any case, I can see a possibility for the FTC to look into the AC Scratches as a sketchy Loot Box model with the release of the new N meshes.

No matter how you look at it, SEGA localized the game late (nearly a decade after the first announcement), and then too early into the release of NGS.

In other words, the Global players will be forced to either grind for months or pay for the exact same outfits again in order to get the graphical improvement.

This sort of tactic might work with the JP server, but there's no way that it won't garner outrage in NA in the same way that EA executes garbage ideas.

It's part of why I suggested multiple times on other threads for the Global version to have an SG exchange system for unused AC Scratch ticket items or CAST parts from the original PSO2 in order to get that or any other offered N version.

That way Global users would only have to pay once, and can instead grind for the updated graphics at a leisurely event participation.

Until the mods ban you for it. They're tired of the arguments and just ban both sides. It's been talked to death and it isn't going away. NGS shows that.

There is a reason you don't see discussions of "censorship" anymore.

@Zeke The mods only lock and delete topics if they get too out of hand with heated arguments.

It's not the censorship complaints they don't like, it's the fact that some users can't handle other users making complaints.

Mods disagree from the history of these forums, but whatever helps you get by.

Regardless of the censorship, I tried to insinuate that I'm at least thankful for the ability to race swap to a Newman CAST with heterochromia.

The Beast Face is super cute as it is, but I'm not an OG PSO fan to appreciate it enough.

I never had the money for multiple consoles nor the knowledge of it's existence.

Which is where the next concern lies. PSO2 kept up with at least bringing back Alis as a sort of reincarnation.

If that counts as fan service to longtime fans, then what will keep them in NGS? (Aside from the graphics update.)

Pokémon fans at least resort to shiny hunting when the Pokedex completion is either too daunting or already complete.

Newer PSO2 fans might get tired of the level grind, and will likely expect something more distracting in NGS like how Dragon Raja literally has everything in a mobile auto tracking app to grind for.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

Regardless of the censorship, I tried to insinuate that I'm at least thankful for the ability to race swap to a Newman CAST with heterochromia.

The Beast Face is super cute as it is, but I'm not an OG PSO fan to appreciate it enough.

I never had the money for multiple consoles nor the knowledge of it's existence.

Which is where the next concern lies. PSO2 kept up with at least bringing back Alis as a sort of reincarnation.

If that counts as fan service to longtime fans, then what will keep them in NGS? (Aside from the graphics update.)

Pokémon fans at least resort to shiny hunting when the Pokedex completion is either too daunting or already complete.

Newer PSO2 fans might get tired of the level grind, and will likely expect something more distracting in NGS like how Dragon Raja literally has everything in a mobile auto tracking app to grind for.

It's a New expansion to PSO2, Just give it a try for at least a month and come back to provide more feedback.