Serious concerns about the future of NGS

@Macmaxi said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@PhantasyStar369 said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

Showing a clip of a level 15 vs a level 10 doesn't cut it. Show me a 10 versus 10. I would expect a level 15 to kill faster.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, the level barely affects the damage it's mostly the grinded weapon and affixes. There is a cut-off where you can't damage enemies that are 5 levels above you, but aside from that I haven't noticed any difference in damage by being higher level than other enemies. But granted I didn't check.

I'd go back and try exactly that, but you know...

Yep, you're right - grinding weapons really doesn't add that much damage and BP but as they always say, everything helps. As always with PSO, it's always going to be about the affixes and once again, we all know this-----this will be the grind, getting them god tier units. My question is though, is Sega going to release storymode and updates over the course of 7+ years like with PSO2? Meaning we might not even see any continuation of the story until 2022 lol...if we're lucky, this kinder concerns me a lil' if I'm being honest.

I quite liked the current mob HP and hope that we never return to the time of individual players being able to thoughtlessly vanish small armies by mashing buttons.

Difficulty should go up, imo. Not more HP but more lethal attacks posing consistent danger to players in all encounters to punish button mashers.

"Double Jumping and Soaring is annoying" Its not but ok..

@Amari-Kigu After you get tier 3 equipment most of the fights become a cakewalk, including the Daityl Sword Boss, but I'm a fighter Main so counter till they drop lol. Just about every lvl 10 boss creature fell less than 10 mins for me unless I was under lvl 10 at least. Even enraged monsters wouldn't one shot me after I gotten 2 pieces of tier 3 armor at around 900 power rating. By the end of the CBT I made it around to1077 and was rather a self sustaining damage dealer.

Weapons and loot will likely be increased and similar to PSO2, don't see why they'd change that and was only like this because its a CBT. Loots a crucial part of the PSO series afterall.

The jumping felt okay once you get used to it. Reminds me a lot of Devil May Cry where it feels finnicky but its actually very consistent and reliant on your control and input. So if you mess up, its on you. Like that one platform jump that was so precise during that one dungeon with the tall boss at the end. I would say the soaring is extremely slow but seems to be the same sped as dashing. Just feels slow. I do recall players getting stuck in walls though, only once but it was funny. XD

The towers need to be more challenging though. It just seem like training regime for players just starting and I was hoping they'd be intermediate challenges. Maybe out of CBT they'll be different.

I tried Force and Gunner and they feel ok. I think Force needs more power and Gunner needs more chain buff power, at least to me. Felt off a bit. Fighter feels just right to me. Going Hunter and Fighter when the full game launches X)

I will say the soaring ability should give you more leeway in the air during battles. like an air dash mechanic. For the Urgent quest they asked you to use the floating devices to reach the boss but gliding slowly takes too long and just plain looks awkward. So maybe a fast dash in the air that leads to a slow glide would be more fitting and maybe you could do a combo maneuver with double jump so you can dash twice in the air.

@Amari-Kigu Words, words, words. Don't care, still playing New Genesis. Still buying Premium too. You're probably the same kind of person that doesn't affix their units in PSO2. Enemy health is fine, and enemies didn't oneshot me in the CBT either. Maybe you need to git gud. Were you using 1 star weapons and no units the whole time? No offense but I find it hard to believe you got every class in PSO2 to level 100 if you think the NGS CBT was so hard. Also, saying "I played every MMO so I know what I'm talking about" isn't a valid argument, it just makes you look like a pretentious weirdo.

When NGS ends up being a huge success, I'm gonna look back at all these doomsayers and laugh. Besides, PSO2 has a strong and dedicated playerbase. We don't need any tourists from other games to invade our territory and tell us how to run our game. If people don't like it they can go back to playing their tab target MMOs with bland, copy pasted content in every expansion. We are ARKS, and we don't care what any of these negative posts think. Sega will do a good job with NGS. Besides, anyone who actually cares about the game will just take the CBT survey and wait patiently for the game to come out. Complaining on forums isn't gonna do anything, because the survey is giving Sega more valuable data and statistics that are easier to manage.

All these negative posts are doing is just bringing more attention to NGS, which in turn will result in more people being aware of the game and trying it out themselves. It's all so tiresome how whenever a game comes out, everyone loves to act like it's the end of the world and spread needless whining and negativity, instead of just giving a company the benefit of the doubt and sending feedback through efficient methods like official surveys. Any company worth their stocks is not going to waste time sifting through forums and subreddits because there are better ways to get feedback from players. All you're doing is screaming into the void. You're not special, I'm not special, no one here is special. Sega will review the surveys, find common feedback and decide what to do. That's how it works. And if you don't like what happens to the game, too bad. There will always be people who enjoy the game. So if you really think the game's doomed, then maybe this just isn't the game for you. So either have some faith and be patient, or keep your attitude to yourself. Because your post isn't critique, it's childish whining. Sorry that your experience in a CLOSED BETA TEST wasn't perfect. And with that being said, I sincerely hope that NGS gets a smooth launch and everyone (including you) is able to enjoy it.

@UmbraTorracat ya pretty much that...if anything the enemies need serious buffs...some large scale common monsters got like 500 HP only (that big trojan horse kidna thing) - you basically poke them once and theyre dead....vets are also way too weak (even if they got buffed after jp cbt - as far as i heard people complained about vets having way too low hp) they would need a 2x speed buff in their animations to be a threat - hp still feels abit low too - you expect a vet to be superiour to his normal counterpart but all of them are mostly a "go ham as you cook some food" except bujin - always seeing ppl die on him every now and then but even he could need a serious speed buff...but maybe its just a "cbt scaling" kinda thing and they wanted us to have an easier time to hit cap and see the world as the content on release gets more challenging

You were playing a Techer until level 9, what did you expect..

@Amari-Kigu I played techter and force, and techter actually feels really good, if you can use shockwave as an evade that can also deal damage, or you can flat out counter. As for the dash attack, if used on a weakpoint i could easily smash out 7-800 dmg spam (i had a +30 3* weapon though) and the photon fury dealt nice damage while also triggering the weakness stuns of each enemy.

@JuggernautGTX How is anyone dying to Bujin? It's like the only boss that doesn't have a near-OHKO move. Plus the animations are smooth instead of having it charge up into a ready stance, rear back again after that, then sloooowly execute the move to fake you out on counters. I suppose the pace of its attacks could be a bit annoying since they seemed timed to catch you in your animation startup if you try to swing before it's finished with the combo, but that's easy to avoid.

Also I'd love if they changed up the animations or tactics of veterans instead of just making them punching bags. HP bloat and oneshots are a lazy way to increase difficulty.

There's so much misinfo in this thread right now.

"Grinding weapon doesn't really affect damage" yes it does.

"Leveling up doesn't really affect damage" yes it does.

Enemy defense is designed to match your base attack power at that level. Which means if you match the enemy's level, all of your attack power is coming from your weapon. If the enemy is higher level than you, then your weapon's attack power matters even more.

So lets take a Gunner with Chain Boost active using S-Roll. Each normal attack S-Roll is 15 potency per hit. Assuming fighting a level 10 Veteran Ard Banser (534 defense), close range, Precision 3 on all equipped items, 10 meat food (no weak point), fully grinded +30 3* weapon with level 3 potential.

Level 15 Gunner with +30 3* weapon: 19-26 damage per shot to the face.
Level 15 Gunner with +10 3* weapon: 17-23 damage to the face. The +30 weapon is dealing around 12.5% more damage.
Level 10 Gunner with +30 3* weapon: 14-20 damage per shot to the face.
Level 10 Gunner with +10 3* weapon: 13-18 damage to the face.

The impact would show a lot more if I used a Chain Finish PA, such as Point Blank full charge 100 chain (198 potency on first hit):

Level 15 Gunner with +30 3* weapon: 484-642 damage per shot to the face.
Level 15 Gunner with +10 3* weapon: 452-596 damage to the face.
Level 10 Gunner with +30 3* weapon: 372-530 damage per shot to the face.
Level 10 Gunner with +10 3* weapon: 340-485 damage to the face.

And then you fight an enemy that's 4 levels above you and it gets really ridiculous how much the returns on attack power increases get.

Lets put it like this: When your only source of raw attack power is your level and weapon, and enemy defense is higher than it is in PSO2, your raw attack power matters a lot more. Affixes also scale the same no matter what as a result. 2% damage is 2% damage.

TL;DR: Your gear matters a LOT. Your level matters a LOT.

@Amari-Kigu said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

FO and TE both should be ranged classes, but the weapons of both say melee because no talis or rods and even then, PP generations vs DPS doesn't seem to match, what I personally could tell from my experience is that FO/TE both classes in a party did well, but solo they didn't and since the vast majority of people will play solo.

After playing 5 classes now up to around level 10/11, HU, RA, GU, FO and TE with 3* gear.

I never used rod so I can't comment

You're literally just making shit up. 🙄 If you didn't use rod, you didn't play force. Force is ranged. It's regular attack has pretty big range, and for techs you don't have to get close to anything unless you're using uncharged gizonde, uncharged gifoie or gibarta. PP generation and DPS felt fine to me, as a force who actually played force and actually used rod and actually held aggro during UQs. Solo force does perfectly fine, I could kill enemies just fine and as fast as anyone else.

it might work for JP where players will help take something down if they see another player struggling but NA people will just ignore if they know its going to waste your time.

Yep just make broad sweeping generalizations about classes you claim to have played but really didn't, and then broad sweeping generalizations about player bases with your usual "JP good global bad" bullshit.

@Laep said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

it might work for JP where players will help take something down if they see another player struggling but NA people will just ignore if they know its going to waste your time.

Yep just make broad sweeping generalizations about classes you claim to have played but really didn't, and then broad sweeping generalizations about player bases with your usual "JP good global bad" bullshit.

ya thats a lil off...during the whole cbt i never seen anyone typing "oh a vet...hes too strong and his hp are too much lets not do it" people been more like spamming the locations to others whenever a vet respawned - and everyone moving there

and i read comments like "this is so much fun" in chat

@AiC-L said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@JuggernautGTX How is anyone dying to Bujin?

some melee die to his "round circle aoe" thing every now and then ( the one with the indicator)

@JuggernautGTX said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@AiC-L said in Serious concerns about the future of NGS:

@JuggernautGTX How is anyone dying to Bujin?

some melee die to his "round circle aoe" thing every now and then ( the one with the indicator)

Is it that much harder to see at point-blank compared to one dodge back? I was fighting them primarily using counters, and the one time I did get caught (lvl 10 vs lvl 10, 3/2/2 star armor, less than 10 total upgrades across them) I just recovered and sprinted out before the end. Took more from dash slashes than what hit me there. Maybe 3* gear really was just over the tipping point for the damage formula in the beta?

At least you got to play. I watched a couple of hours of 1 frame a second and turned it off. The lag made it unplayable. I have no idea how I even made it to level 2. They need to rework the net code or something. The game looks great,but plays like a stuttering song.

@Ashen-Rust Low framerate is not because of network/netcode, it may be your pc specs not being good enough?