Is the lag me or them?

I’m using a computer that got shoved to Lowest graphics setting, and when I tried to play, the animation was stuttering/jumping badly and other players weren’t loading correctly (everyone looked like same base skins). I can’t tell if this is my system or if Ship 2 is just slow and laggy from all the traffic.

The models updating is on their end since the ships are Full or close to it. Part of what this test is for is to stress test the servers. Any other slowdown is likely due to your CPU or GPU.

On a high end rig (1080 or 3080 gtx here) it stutters on even the lowest graphical settings. 300mb fiber optic net. Tried each of the graphic settings to see if perhaps one was bugging out. But nope, that weird stutter, happens not so much just spinning the camera but when moving or loading certain elements definitely feels random. So hope they iron out that. Can play Destiny 2 HDR 4K min 60fps to 120fps max settings, hell cyberpunk is even running better than this. Worries me that the launch is so close. These kind of stutters can break an action based game.

@W33Z4L said in Is the lag me or them?:

On a high end rig (1080 or 3080 gtx here) it stutters on even the lowest graphical settings. 300mb fiber optic net. Tried each of the graphic settings to see if perhaps one was bugging out. But nope, that weird stutter, happens not so much just spinning the camera but when moving or loading certain elements definitely feels random. So hope they iron out that. Can play Destiny 2 HDR 4K min 60fps to 120fps max settings, hell cyberpunk is even running better than this. Worries me that the launch is so close. These kind of stutters can break an action based game.

you have to remember what we are playing is not close to launch code and is instanced off so there is bound to be bugs. The problem seems to be server sided and they can fix it by launch. Lastly this build is likely months old at this point with the updated date being from about 2 weeks ago since they had to add translations to English into it.

Works fine on my 3700x and 3070. Aside from initially loading into the game, it's pretty smooth even at highest settings.

@Star-Platinum said in Is the lag me or them?:

I'm starting to wonder if Intel processors are the problem here.

I ran the game last night on my main computer which has an i5-7600k paired with an RTX 2070s and the stuttering was consistent, even at the lowest settings.

So I ran the game on my secondary computer that has a Ryzen 3600x paired with only a GT 1030. I had to lower the resolution to1080p and set the graphics to low, but the random frame drops disappeared completely.

@HermitST said in Is the lag me or them?:

@Star-Platinum said in Is the lag me or them?:

I'm starting to wonder if Intel processors are the problem here.

I ran the game last night on my main computer which has an i5-7600k paired with an RTX 2070s and the stuttering was consistent, even at the lowest settings.

So I ran the game on my secondary computer that has a Ryzen 3600x paired with only a GT 1030. I had to lower the resolution to1080p and set the graphics to low, but the random frame drops disappeared completely.

It isn't entirely Intel, unless it is only newer gen Intel CPUs. I use a 4460 Core i5 I don't really have the stuttering when I lower the graphics only a small amount from the starting values and set the FPS Limit to 30 since my GTX 750 TI is below the recommendation for GPUs.

I'm running on Intel i7-7820X and have 2 x GTX 980 TI on SLI. The game runs fine for me. The graphic is set to the recommended lowest setting and I also turned off the motion blur. The only issue is the initial load into Central City takes forever, but that's on the server.

@W33Z4L said in Is the lag me or them?:

Thanks for this, glad to know it ain't just me. I know this is from the CBT, but what we got now is probably similar. I run an i7-8700 Intel and a 1080 and I get stutters as I move from area to area. In combat where I'm more or less in the same spot, stuff is fine. Seems to stutter when it renders new stuff, but oddly if I play long enough it stop. Seems like maybe the first time the game loads something it stutters, but then stores that data or something so next time it doesn't stutter. Beats me, but it doesn't feel like an issue on my end.