[NGS] [Wind10] PSO2 NGS causes the windows 10 explorer exe to break

Urgency: MAJOR (System breaking bug) I am having trouble with my windows 10 PC after installing PSO2 NGS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Z2ONXuwcE causing explorer exe to crash and reboot.

I have reset my PC because of it and have it fixed. then it happens again for the second time not knowing what at fault. until I did a test by uninstalling software one by one thru safe mode. then I get to PSO2 NGS which fixes the problem, which is odd. so I attempted to see if that was at fault by reinstall PSO2 NGS and yes the game cause my PC explorer.exe to crash and restart multiple times which is odd. So I want to know how and why this has happened and if there any solution to this problem.

I had this the first time I installed it, but it only happened when I logged in and it did it 4-5 times in a row, but then it loaded my desktop and was fine from then on. I think the issue has to do with the Xvd drive the ame is installed to being always active, when it should only be active when the game is running. There is no workaround. It seems its doesn't do it for me after just shutting down and starting the computer again. It only does it again if I do a cold boot.

@Ragnawind hope they fix this ASAP (there was also a 500MB update as well)

@JCGG-Jomarcenter-MJM said in [NGS] [Wind10] PSO2 NGS causes the windows 10 explorer exe to break:

@Ragnawind hope they fix this ASAP (there was also a 500MB update as well)

yeah, that update fixed the problem of not being able to have PSO2 itself installed via MS Store at the same time as the CBT client, since they initially used the same folder which isn't possible to overwirte. Now they have separate folders

@Ragnawind I was thinking of a alternative way is to have the game installed in a external HDD being I don't have any problem running games on external HDD. unplug the HDD during boot then plug it in once explorer exe is opened

@JCGG-Jomarcenter-MJM said in [NGS] [Wind10] PSO2 NGS causes the windows 10 explorer exe to break:

@Ragnawind I was thinking of a alternative way is to have the game installed in a external HDD being I don't have any problem running games on external HDD. unplug the HDD during boot then plug it in once explorer exe is opened

That might work, but it might not, since I heard that if an XVD drive's installed location isn't detected at boot, it breaks the link to it. I'm not sure if it can be fixed without re-installing though.