I migrated my XBOX account to steam... what will happen during beta?

Will i be able to sync closed beta to my steam version once beta ends?

It's not "migrated", the accounts share the same data, so it's fine.

That being said, the beta is a fresh start and no progress is transferring to the beta or from the beta.

@Matt While no progress is transfered from the beta, there's still the rewards from participating in the beta, so while this doesn't effect the OP (since they already linked their account), users that have only played in the Steam or Epic version may be unable to get the beta rewards without linking their accounts to the MS version before the beta?

@Ezodagrom if they didn't link then yes they not gonna get the rewards, those are only being given via MS Store access so those who will get then gonna need to access the game via Microsoft to get the rewards, like it was the MS Store access campaign

Testers who fulfill certain conditions will be eligible to receive special in-game items.

*The participation rewards will be distributed after the official launch of PSO2:NGS.

*Players will not be able to recieve the rewards, if they are not logging in within certain period of time after PSO2:NGS launch.

The date will be announced in details later.

*All rewards for PSO2:NGS Closed Beta Test participation will be distributed to the Xbox Live accounts that were used to participate.

*If you are playing PSO2 with an Xbox Live account, please use this account to participate in the PSO2:NGS Closed Beta Test.

*If you don't have an Xbox Live account for playing PSO2, please create one.

*If you have a Steam or Epic Games account, please link your account with an Xbox Live account before the official launch of PSO2:NGS.

Source: https://ngs.pso2.com/cbt/entry/about

@Jamesmor said in I migrated my XBOX account to steam... what will happen during beta?:

@Ezodagrom if they didn't link then yes they not gonna get the rewards, those are only being given via MS Store access so those who will get then gonna need to access the game via Microsoft to get the rewards, like it was the MS Store access campaign

I think what the response below you is getting at is that you only need the account to be linked to the Microsoft account to receive the rewards, and using the MSStore isn't required after the beta. It should only require that for the beta, and then whichever platform you play on would receive them as long as you used an account linked to Microsoft.

@Riesz said in I migrated my XBOX account to steam... what will happen during beta?:

@Jamesmor said in I migrated my XBOX account to steam... what will happen during beta?:

I think what the response below you is getting at is that you only need the account to be linked to the Microsoft account to receive the rewards, and using the MSStore isn't required after the beta. It should only require that for the beta, and then whichever platform you play on would receive them as long as you used an account linked to Microsoft.

Typically, with past campaigns at least, you actually had to redeem the rewards on the platform they were designed for, which would mean you could only collect the CBT rewards if they are claimed on the MS Store or Xbox itself.

@Ragnawind That's a different circumstance, and they typically made it clear the entire purpose of those was to log into those specific platforms. The point of this is to beta test, and stress test the game, not to play on rhe MSStore version. I know they left info out in translation in the past, but I don't see a reason for that to be the case this time, as everyone recieving the participation items already had to play on the MSStore version anyway.

I could go into more detail but I don't want to, because I don't want to make this a heated argument when we're both just making predictions/assumptions anyway.

Not like I know for sure, I'm just going off what I get out of reading it, and I get why you would assume they mean you do have to login to the MSStore again later because of the way they've done things with PSO2 at times. SEGA is like an enigma with PSO2 though and you never know what to expect from them.

Ignore this post, can't delete it.

@Ragnawind said in I migrated my XBOX account to steam... what will happen during beta?:

Typically, with past campaigns at least, you actually had to redeem the rewards on the platform they were designed for, which would mean you could only collect the CBT rewards if they are claimed on the MS Store or Xbox itself.

Some of the MS Store campaign rewards are being given out today, so now I can prove that what you said is wrong, I can claim these rewards from the MS Store campaign from a few weeks ago just fine from the Steam version (I don't even have the MS Store version installed anymore, I uninstalled it weeks ago).

I'm pretty sure the CBT rewards are going to be the same.

Screenshot showing the steam overlay to prove it's from the Steam version:

alt text