Another Beta: NGS Campaign Tracker

Link here!

PSO2:NGS Campaign Tracker (name pending!)

ARKS Campaign Tracker

What's this?

PSO2 Global has historically been a little... untidy... with how it announces campaigns: Some are announced on the website, some only on Twitter, one or two only on YouTube and some weren't announced at all.

A month ago I mentioned wanting to make a publicly-accessible resource for New Genesis, to not only provide a one-stop listing of all campaigns but automatically organise them into easy-to-view lists and also give users a way to mark campaigns as completed to make it easy to see what's left.

I've been working on this pretty much since then, and I believe it's now ready to share. It's loaded with all the CBT campaigns as well as a few sample (read: not real) campaigns to demonstrate the automatic sorting. When NGS launches I plan to maintain it with full campaign data thereafter.

I'd be thrilled if you guys could give it a spin during the CBT to let me know how it feels to use, any bugs you find and any improvements you'd like to share. I've got a few ideas already but I'm always open to more. 🙂

Thank you 😄 It's pretty handy and I've been stressing about it all since NGS started. Still need to hit level 10 (about 60% of the way there!!) and get my battle power up (about 120 or so off), but at least I have most of it done. Also need to keep an eye out for the survey so I an take care of it...

I think the big thing I want to do now is find more Cocoons. Plus find the one material I need to finish the Unlocking Potential quest.

Thanks! I hope it helped.

I got a little feedback elsewhere before CBT started and put in a stopgap measure to mitigate one reported issue (reduced the size of the placeholder header text as it was nudging the options button onto a second row on small mobile screens), and have since updated the survey campaign to give the dates that were published about 24 hours into the CBT itself, but otherwise it hasn't changed which is already the longest time I haven't been working on it in a month.

Other items from the feedback were very encouraging - and flattering! - to read. The campaigns were nice and straightforward because it was one weekend in isolation with nothing overlapping. I believe there will be greater benefit after NGS launches and we probably get more campaigns with greater overlap that are harder to keep track of, so I'll keep working on it with an eye on New Genesis' release, especially once I'm done organising and submitting all my CBT feedback.

But it also needs a name (after which I can make the logo), and I've been struggling with that since about a week before CBT started. "FOMO Tracker" feels a little too dry, and others like "Campaign Checklist" feel a bit too long, maybe? Perhaps I'm overthinking it. But it's something I'd definitely appreciate some ideas and input on if anyone has any suggestions or preferences!

@Miraglyth Am I blind here or is the link not in your post.

@DKGJustus click on the "PSO2:NGS Campaign Tracker" blue text

This is really cool. I greatly appreciate seeing that you of all people are curating this (That little business with a certain individual on these forums gave me a considerable respect for your dedication to due process and application of logic and critical thinking).

As for suggestions to what could be added to the overall presentation. I feel if it isn't too time consuming, the dropdown info blurbs for the objectives of events could contain tips or other information relating to completion. I.E. If the community figures out a simple way to easily complete an objective, it could be shown for visitors to make time efficient gameplay decisions. Additionally, if the activity on the site is relatively vague (such as the use personal shop campaign), you could include straightforward steps towards completing the campaign. The usefulness of this would ultimately depend on how well NGS tutorials/SEGA explains game systems (god knows PSO2 was enough of a slog for new players to understand stuff).

@Vilrein said in Another Beta: NGS Campaign Tracker:

This is really cool. I greatly appreciate seeing that you of all people are curating this

Wow, thanks!

Pertinent bump too; now maintenance has started I have some non-PSO2 time to work on this a bit more. Most importantly, a name! I'm still trying to come up with one I like for it. The closest I've come to something that sticks with me is Campaign Checklist, but it seems a little dry and not very easily condensed (Camcheck? Camplist?)

the dropdown info blurbs for the objectives of events could contain tips or other information relating to completion [snip] Additionally, if the activity on the site is relatively vague (such as the use personal shop campaign), you could include straightforward steps towards completing the campaign.

The former could be a little tricky as it blurs the distinction between objective requirement and subjective guidance, but I can imagine campaigns where there might be a severe time saving that isn't immediately obvious so I can see potential value in that. It's a tricky one. I'll give it some thought. Thanks!

The latter has already been done, to an extent; two of the CBT campaigns were introduced with less detail than was given for JP CBT 2 and since they were clearly the same campaigns I used the JP versions. Using the best and most precise version of the requirement is definitely on the agenda in the future too. 👍

While setting this up I used some old PSO2 campaigns to test it out. That sometimes featured the same rewards with different requirements within a single campaign, such as multiple Tokyo Bonus Key: Gold or Rainbow for doing 3, 5 or 7 Recommended or Urgent Quests.

Since then I'd wanted to combine these in the summary view so it'll give an accurate number and also show more distinct rewards. Now PSO2 is in maintenance, I've got around to setting that up. There aren't any NGS campaigns that do it yet, so here's a mock-up of what it'll look like:

332cce7d-8f72-45a9-8f0e-953aa5b940b0-image.png

ah man I'm just seeing this. I'll try to test it out a bit after launch.

@MiyenHalo said in Another Beta: NGS Campaign Tracker:

ah man I'm just seeing this. I'll try to test it out a bit after launch.

Thanks! I'm hoping to have the name finalised by launch because that'll affect saved data.

One idea that's probably sticking more than others in the last couple hours is ACT (ARKS Campaign Tracker). What's people's thoughts on that?

@Miraglyth I think that works well (little weird having an acronym inside an acronym). Should suit purposes nicely for having a snappy easy to remember name.

@Miraglyth I think that works well (little weird having an acronym inside an acronym).

Yeah haha.

Alright everyone, I'll go with that name! I've updated its address, set up a fancy link in my sig, and added the new information on launch campaigns that's just appeared.

Thanks for all your help! 🙇 I'll keep looking to make improvements as it goes.

That logo looks really nice.

Thanks! In fairness I pretty much just ripped off the style of the main NGS logo though. 😅