Does NGS retain our progress in closed beta when it is officially launched?

I've got the access to CBT, but still wondering if i should put my times on it.

If it's anything like the JP CBT, no. The most you're gonna get is some SG tickets for hitting level milestones.

It's an unsure thing from what they've told people. The global pso2 base na beta carried over in to the open beta / launch and they were spaced about the same if june 9th is legit. But at the same time the ngs beta for japan specifically said it wouldn't but it did happen some time ago. I haven't kept up with the beta stuff but if na launched already and they have you creating a new character, or they give you like 50k ac and sg for testing in game like japan then it almost for sure isn't carrying over

I remember reading somewhere that CBT progress will not transfer to the actual launch, I cannot locate the site where I read this information though.

Generally speaking CBT progress doesn't normally transfer to a game's live version because there could be exploits or other things that could give beta players an unfair advantage over anyone who wasn't able to play because of the limited slots available for the CBT. Lets there was a bugged monster in the CBT that incorrectly dropped tons of meseta. CBT players would be able to farm this thing for the duration of the beta, making tons of money. If CBT data transferred to the live version, everyone who farmed the bugged mob would start with a huge advantage over anyone who wasn't able to play during the CBT.

Admittedly this sort of situation is unlikely to happen during "Global's CBT" due to the short length, but this is why CBT progress isn't normally moved to the launch version. Now if we get an OBT for NGS, any progress made in that would be very likely to transfer to the live version.

Nothing will carry over to the main game. They'll hand out 20,000AC and 5,000SG to test players in global CBT too. This shows that the beta takes place on a dedicated isolated server. There's no reason they keep the player data after the CBT is finished.

As Akonyl said, the only lasting thing we would get is some participation mission rewards.

this is written right at the start of the CBT when you start

pso20210514_114250_000.jpg

@Fiona-Respha said in Does NGS retain our progress in closed beta when it is officially launched?:

Nothing will carry over to the main game. They'll hand out 20,000AC and 5,000SG to test players in global CBT too. This shows that the beta takes place on a dedicated isolated server. There's no reason they keep the player data after the CBT is finished.

Do you mean you get 20k AC on the beta server to buy stuff on there or as a reward for testing later on your real account for real usage?

@Yui2387 said in Does NGS retain our progress in closed beta when it is officially launched?:

@Fiona-Respha said in Does NGS retain our progress in closed beta when it is officially launched?:

Do you mean you get 20k AC on the beta server to buy stuff on there or as a reward for testing later on your real account for real usage?

on the beta server only.

@Yui2387 said in Does NGS retain our progress in closed beta when it is officially launched?:

Beta Server only for testing AC and SG purchasing and for feedback on prices

@Ragnawind Maybe they also want to test an economical situation where most AC scratch item prices plummeted to 1,000 N-Meseta.

As we know, NGS seems to introduce a minimum price for hot prize items, but such minimum price guard won't become active easily in a real server where recycle badge keeps the minimum price. Probably the beta will be the only chance people can see the guarded minimum price system.

How can it be the latter?

@IgNiTE As others have said, we're not going to retain out progress from the closed beta, the way the closed beta starts isn't even how the official launch will start. The closed beta starts in the central city, but the official launch will start in a small village that isn't accessible in the beta.