Imagine starting your CBT at the literal worst time.

PSO2 NGS CBT starts tomorrow on Friday, May 14th, at 6pm PDT—the same exact time that the FFXIV Digital Fan Festival starts. You couldn't have picked a worse time for your CBT.

nah this is called competition is not uncommon to companies release stuff at the same time to take costumers from one another.

@Jamesmor I think that makes less sense for PSO2 in this situation. I think FFXIV is bigger and more popular, so competing with them like this is just going to hurt them. And now I'm going to have to spend less time playing the beta because of the FFXIV event, which simply doesn't work in PSO2's favor.

@Himiko not exactly like I said this is a common practice for then several times Square Enix released something at the same time as Sega and vice versa and because costumers only have a finite time they can spend in their stuff they need to choose what is most important to then

Considering that the major event of the Fan Fest is the 6:00 to 8:00 PDT they may actually be hoping that the Fanfest delays a portion of players from logging in long enough that instabilities do not occur due to all the players logging in.

I know it might be hard to believe but there are people who don't actually play or care about FFXIV, so releasing at this time is perfect for them.

You can play the beta and watch the stream. 🙂

@FerrousAradicen Both FFXIV and WoW players are part of the target audience. They may possibly be using this to estimate the number of players following both games.

@FerrousAradicen said in Imagine starting your CBT at the literal worst time.:

I know it might be hard to believe but there are people who don't actually play or care about FFXIV, so releasing at this time is perfect for them.

I am one of those people.

I play FFXIV but I give 0 care about the fanfest.

But then again, due to past experiences with beta tests, I also avoid those - especially ones where you can't carry over progress.

@FerrousAradicen They could have scheduled the beta for any other time and it still would have been "perfect" for those people because FFXIV doesn't affect them either way.

Not the same target audience. Just watch the stream while you play, or be mature and make a decision on which one is more important to you.

@Himiko They could have have done a lot of things but they scheduled it for friday 6pm PDT so it is what it is.

It´s even worse for us European since this happens in 2/3 AM.

Which means a lot of us are pretty much going to lose nearly the entire first day of beta if we have a job.

I don't play FFXIV so I don't care as much, I had nothing to do today so I figured why not. So I snagged a code and I'll be ready to play some CBT tonight.