Inflated Shop Prices

So I'm coming back after essentially taking a one month break (burnout) and I've noticed many of the shop prices for newish items are much higher than they were before (on ship 4 at least). Has inflation really gotten this bad already with NGS around the corner or am I imagining things?

Blame Cradle.

No you’re not imagining things. It was discussed quite heavily in this thread

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/11042/cradle-of-darkness-ultra-hard-nerf-the-loot-or-no/211

Cradle due to boosts. Farm excubes+buying grinders+free affix fodder=massive inflation.

well the inflation of prices was bound to happen, Cradle just made the process happening faster

I still don’t understand how cradle made this an issue?

@RainGnyu said in Inflated Shop Prices:

It's video game economics.

I call it the Nexon Effect. But this is SEGA, so yeah.

Not very many staff members of any game actually have economics experience to create a stable loot drop ratio economy.

Cradle drops lots and lots of 13-14* weapons and units.

People turn all these weapons and units into cubes.

Then they turn all these cubes into grinders.

Then they sell the grinders to an NPC for a ton of meseta.

Now people have lots and lots of meseta. They buy up all the popular items they like/want because they can afford to- What used take several days of farming is now only a couple of cradle runs. An hour or two, tops. And so all the cheap/affordable items got bought up, and now the only ones left are the ones at the inflated price tag. That's what you're seeing now.

I hope that explains things simply enough.

I knew Cradle was a problem, I just didn’t think it would become this big of a problem.

No one is buying these dumb ass prices! Just chill and watch them drop!

Plus cradle will be gone soon!

"Soon" doesn't really matter when the damage has already been done. Market tax isn't going to remove all this money from the economy in time for NGS (or likely even for months after NGS's release, if you're still buying things in PSO2), even if Cradle stopped happening right now.

The prices have been steadily going up for weeks now because people are buying those prices. Just not you. But the sellers don't really care if half the player base not farming cradle is locked out of the prices, if the item sells anyway.

No one is buying these dumb ass prices!

And yet, this topic was created.

Oh really? They're removing it from the Alliance Shop?

Cradle has appeared as a non-trigger UQ ten times since it got UH six weeks ago. Ten. If it never had triggers we'd be thinking of it as a rare meseta injection that shouldn't be missed like Rainbow keys, not an economy destroyer.

What are you talking about? People are indeed buying items at those prices and cradle isn't going away. The only thing that will ever probably happen to cradle is that it will get updated to drop badges (hopefully).

Cradle can print 5m-10m meseta per run, so emotes/hair being 100m isn't a problem for most people anymore.

Until you guys explain how all this worked. I never knew you could do such a thing. There are not very many people who are active in the forums. If you guys didn’t shout about it as much it really would not be a problem in my opinion. Hell I didn’t know about the free money exchange.

The reason I thought inflation was setting in was because of NGS coming out.

Still don’t understand the issues......guess I am slow!