What's the point of premium anymore without MP/GT?

Seriously, GMPT is a huge part of what made paying 15$ a month worth a damn as it motivated you to actually try and do Tier and Weekly missions for Stars to get all those bonus items and cosmetics. (In addition to the personal shop). Trading is pointless, extra log in bonus. You'll still get that next one anyway with more time.

What are you paying for now? A low mediocre triboost and access to actually be able to sell your items like every single MMO in existence since ever offers for free? I didn't start playing until after a few months the game hit Steam, so there's a whole ton of MP content I didn't even get a chance at. Let alone getting those capsules for end game affixes. (I've played 300 hours and am still working on EP3 content)

I'm definitely not paying for Premium any more. And you sure as hell aren't funneling me into NGS any time soon so premium benefits that only affect NGS are 100% irrelevant. Do they just expect us to keep paying for AC Scratch with the removal of SG purchases? (that were a 1000% rip off to begin with).

I waited 8 years to play PSO2. Not NGS.

and what's the point of this post? if you don't think is worth it then don't pay it, you don't need to make a post ranting over it.

JP is having $2 docked off of their premium price with the removal of the MP, so there's that at least if Global follows suit. Still not much compared to the $ price that 200 SG would be otherwise, though.

But other than that, premium's really just sale access, it seems like.

@Akonyl JP never had Mission Pass Gold Tickets bundled with Premium, and the 30-day has always been 1300AC; what is likely going to happen is that Global will just now have parity in this price.

@AndrlCh said in What's the point of premium anymore without MP/GT?:

@Akonyl JP never had Mission Pass Gold Tickets bundled with Premium, and the 30-day has always been 1300AC; what is likely going to happen is that Global will just now have parity in this price.

Hm, coulda sworn I heard that the price got bumped up from $13 with MP introduction and then was gonna get docked back down to $13, rather than being $13 all along, but I'll admit I could just be misremembering what I heard.

@Jamesmor said in What's the point of premium anymore without MP/GT?:

and what's the point of this post? if you don't think is worth it then don't pay it, you don't need to make a post ranting over it.

It's a forum. Isn't the whole point of one to get your opinions across?

@Akonyl On JP, the Mission Pass Gold Tickets were only ever in the SG Shop, and at that they were 100SG as opposed to Global's 200SG.

Something to keep in mind is that on JP the length of the Mission Pass seasons ended up being much longer with the 4th season, ending up with JP having only 6 seasons in the same time period that Global had 9, despite the fact that JP earned Tiers faster (Daily ARKS Missions give 2 Stars each on JP instead of just 1).

I'm going to miss lots of the Mission Pass setup. I praised it as a good way to provide things to do and with satisfying benefits for doing it.

In particular I - and all of Global - will miss the net +50 SG per week that came with premium. This was essentially our replacement for PSO2es and IDOLA, and it's disappearing completely while - the last I'd heard - those are going to remain SG sources going into NGS on JP with the SG prices of content balanced against that income we won't have.

I don't put much stock into the idea that our premium might be reduced to $13 to account for it, but even if it does, we'd really get the short end of the stick on that. That $2 saving would buy 200 AC which would buy just 40 SG over 30 days rather than the 200 over 28 we previously got on top of all the enhancements, boosts and cosmsetics. I'd honestly just prefer keeping the same price and new NGS-focused premium features.

Meanwhile this line from the stealth announcement was also a disappointing read:

Tier Missions will continue to be available, as they’re another source of EXP and Meseta

It would've been nice if they'd upgraded Tier Missions to reward Mission Badges directly, to enable the Mission Badge Exchange Shop to remain a facility accessible to players who still have an interest in PSO2, including all new players for whom - we presently believe - won't be able to get any Mission Badges at all. I'm hoping that like all the exchanges and permanent scratches we really should have been let in on weeks ago we'll hear more about that sooner rather than later.

To be honest: "Any game that uses Premium as Key to open the Marketplace Door in the year of 2021 is a rip off."

Once a company puts "core mechanics" into premium you can be sure it wont end well. I even heard that the Shop Use Ticket gets removed from the Fun Scratch in JP for NGS.....sooooo if thats true then THATS what Premium is gonne be from now on....a Marketplace Key.

I mean its pretty obvious that the European and American playerbase is beingt ripped off since launch.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in What's the point of premium anymore without MP/GT?:

To be honest: "Any game that uses Premium as Key to open the Marketplace Door in the year of 2021 is a rip off."

Once a company puts "core mechanics" into premium you can be sure it wont end well. I even heard that the Shop Use Ticket gets removed from the Fun Scratch in JP for NGS.....sooooo if thats true then THATS what Premium is gonne be from now on....a Marketplace Key.

I mean its pretty obvious that the European and American playerbase is beingt ripped off since launch.

It is still way better than pay to win gatchas that includes god-tier equipment.

I even heard that the Shop Use Ticket gets removed from the Fun Scratch in JP for NGS [snip] I mean its pretty obvious that the European and American playerbase is beingt ripped off

Wasn't it that it was already removed on JP, and with little to no warning? That aside, I don't think FUN is going to survive into NGS (the ever increasing supply of EX-Cubes meant FUN points long since stopped serving their original purpose of encouraging co-operative play).

But more to the point, I'm not clear how you can conclude the apparent ripoff is a European and American matter after reading that JP lost FUN ticket shop passes first. If anything it's a shared matter for all PSO2 services, no?

To do what I definitely failed to do with my previous post and answer the question posed by the topic: We don't know - yet. The loss of Mission Pass means - to the best of our knowledge - premium is being devalued from 26 May. Sometime within the 5 weeks following that, New Genesis is arriving and it seems unimaginable that there won't be any premium features that come with that.

Whether it's "N-Mission Pass", passive boosts that hopefully aren't too P2W or enhancements to exciting new features they've successfully kept under wraps for pre-release hype purposes, we can't know of it as a premium benefit yet. When we can know, we'll properly be able to answer what the point is and individually take the opportunity to re-assess if it's worth it.

@Miraglyth I conclude the ripoff with the difference in prices and ingame rewards.

Example: Most of the stuff we get in Scratches was in the JP Fun Scratch. So our Scratches have "filler" items to decrease the chance of us getting what we want and in return pay more money for AC so we get what we want. Here the European/American version rips people off.

Example 2: The SG price as someone mentioned for the Gold Pass is 100 SG in JP while ours costs 200 SG. Ripoff.

In short: We get the same stuff JP gets however we pay more.

There are some people defending this by saying :" But in exchange we have direct ourchase packs like the Nier Automata one. JP had a Scratch for the Nier stuff" While this is indeed correct as i mentioned before JP DOES NOT "fill" its scratches like our version does. This in return measn the chances are much higher and with luck you get below the value our direct purchase had.

This concludes why i see it as ripoff.

Example: Most of the stuff we get in Scratches was in the JP Fun Scratch.

Really? Which?

Example 2: The SG price as someone mentioned for the Gold Pass is 100 SG in JP while ours costs 200 SG. Ripoff.

JP Mission Pass was a totally different format. It didn't give outfits at all Edit: Yes it did. It either gave less SG or none at all whereas ours is a net zero even if buying with SG and a 200 SG profit JP couldn't match if we got it with Premium which is a way better deal than 1300 AC for premium without a gold ticket.

Market place access, premium storage, and the ability to enter blocks that are full. All of which are extremely worth the $13-15 price tag. Having the mission pass was nice for the extra SG for sure. But not a deal breaker for me with it's removal. More upset that mission passes are now essentially dead currency because you'll have no other way to net them.

Also a bit bummed that i'm now going to have to buy AC and convert it to SG if I want to spend money for SG. I don't see why they're removing direct purchases for SG. Maybe someone raised enough of a fuss on how poor the $ to SG exchange was.