PSO2 NGS Closed Beta GameGuard broke my base game

My PSO2 Base game was broken by NGS. I am currently playing PSO2 using the app from the windows store, upon successfully installing NGS and running it to check if installation has no error, when I tried to re-run my base PSO2 Game, the client closes and a browser was opened directing me to this website https://gameguardfaq.nprotect.com/eng/con_13.html

Now, does this mean I have to redownload the whole 77GB of file? anyone experienced this? how do I resolve this? Thank you very much for the help!

Fun fact: If you have only steam installed. The NGS Closed Beta will install to the folder the base game normally would install to if you used the MS Store version. So it's no wonder game guard broke your base game.

Same here. Just launched the NGS client to see if everything ran smoothly, I found I can't launch the base game either. :c

@coldreactive said in PSO2 NGS Closed Beta GameGuard broke my base game:

Fun fact: If you have only steam installed. The NGS Closed Beta will install to the folder the base game normally would install to if you used the MS Store version. So it's no wonder game guard broke your base game.

But I have the MS version installed and I am using it instead of the steam version. I just installed NGS and GameGuard of the base game got broken while NGS is running ok. I am currently reinstalling both games right now. Hope reinstalling them both will fix my issue

@Zimbabowee yeah, I was supposed to play base PSO2 and found out that I am having a gameguard error. Currently reinstalling both games. Hoping these will get fixed.

It is probably not getting fixed since the CBT and base PSO2 are occupying the same folder. They would need to make them completely separate folders in order to fix the problem since they each use their own version of GameGuard. The only other thing you can try is to delete the GameGuard folder and it will re-download when you launch the game.

@kafenowaaru just figured it out! I went to my "apps and games" on Windows and chose to "reset" the game data. Works fine now! Didn't have to reinstall anything.

@Zimbabowee said in PSO2 NGS Closed Beta GameGuard broke my base game:

@kafenowaaru just figured it out! I went to my "apps and games" on Windows and chose to "reset" the game data. Works fine now! Didn't have to reinstall anything.

Can confirm that this works with getting past the gameguard errors.

@Zimbabowee Thanks man, it really did worked 🙂 had tried it today before cbt server opens.. Thank you!