MS store is still a piece of garbage

NGS download errors out at the end. If you try to reinstall using show in store, ms store browser just freezes so you can't actually try again.

It worked just fine for me.

If you get an error 80073D24, run wsreset as an admin and uninstall base PSO2 if it is installed. It doesn't matter if it is from MS Store itself or the 3rd party PSO2 Tweaker. That error code I mentioned can only be resolved by removing the MS Store version of the original game, if it is installed in any way

WTF you have to uninstall PSO2 to play this beta?

Is this really the only way? I have 3 versions of this game right now. Global - Windows 10, which I downloaded hoping to prep for the NGS beta. Global - Steam, which is the platform I use. JP - Tweaker'd. Do I have to delete all three versions because of this Beta? That's like 210GB of downloads. And the Windows 10 version seems to not be on my apps list, as my checking on it to delete it brought up Steam, not the Microsoft Store.

I am getting such total bad vibes harkening back to PSO2's Windows 10 release here. Those were bad enough to require a fresh OS install and being utterly unable to play PSO2's Windows 10 version until they literally made a brand new Xbox Companion app.

@Will-Nonheim-0 You only have to delete the win10 version, the NGS beta doesn't conflict with the other 2 versions.

@Ezodagrom It doesn't show. Only JP and Steam.

@Will-Nonheim-0 When there's no other issues, it should be possible to uninstall through the start menu app list (right click -> uninstall), or through the app list in the Win 10 version of the control panel (the Settings app, it doesn't show up in the old version of the control panel).

If it doesn't show up in either of these though, dunno how to help in that case.

@Will-Nonheim-0 said in MS store is still a piece of garbage:

Is this really the only way? I have 3 versions of this game right now. Global - Windows 10, which I downloaded hoping to prep for the NGS beta. Global - Steam, which is the platform I use. JP - Tweaker'd. Do I have to delete all three versions because of this Beta? That's like 210GB of downloads. And the Windows 10 version seems to not be on my apps list, as my checking on it to delete it brought up Steam, not the Microsoft Store.

I am getting such total bad vibes harkening back to PSO2's Windows 10 release here. Those were bad enough to require a fresh OS install and being utterly unable to play PSO2's Windows 10 version until they literally made a brand new Xbox Companion app.

Open a Powershell window with the run as admin option and type this and submit it: Get-AppxPackage -Name "100B7A24.oxyna" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Verbose

You only need to uninstall the base game if you had it in your Modifiable Windows App folder. That is because if it is in that folder it will conflict when trying to install it. I successfully installed it even though I'm using PSO2 tweaker MS store version. ngs.png

@Ezodagrom The start menu method did it, Ezo, whereas the control panel method was failing to detect the Windows 10 version. Thanks for the assist, hope I bump into you during the beta! It'd be nice to have an old team member around.

Ultimately it's going to be integrated in to the xbox gamepass service so you know it's got to be there. As it is, MS revenue share is much better than Steam. Few people remember how much Steam was hated back in the day, but it was the only show in town. MS just needs some gutsy leadership to refine their system.

@Ragnawind said in MS store is still a piece of garbage:

Open a Powershell window with the run as admin option and type this and submit it: Get-AppxPackage -Name "100B7A24.oxyna" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Verbose

Yea.... So... It turns out doing this without actually uninstalling it makes it impossible to properly uninstall. I even reinstalled it by reinstalling the tweaker because the store won't let me download it without an error (the install button does nothing) like the problem I'm having with the NGS CBT and it's still not showing up in the apps list in the Settings app and the Windows 10 version is now broken.

Edit: I tried Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode but I got:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9) Rejecting a request to register from appxmanifest.xml because the manifest is not in the package root.

There is an update for the close beta client. The update will move/copy the files to the new folder /renamed the folder - pso2cbt_bin.

@Anthro-Cheetah said in MS store is still a piece of garbage:

There is an update for the close beta client. The update will move/copy the files to the new folder /renamed the folder - pso2cbt_bin.

How does that help not being able to install it in the first place?