Tired of Ship 2, what's the best alternative?

Where should I go to if I don't want to be on Ship 2?

You should try Ship 4

Ship 1 is probably the most similar to ship 2 in terms of active players. It's also as old or older than ship 2 so it's possible to find older AC scratch items that Ships 3 and 4 may not have.

Ships 3 and 4 are younger ships so they have a smaller population (I am not sure to what degree as I have always been on ship 1).

Regardless of what ship you choose I recommend finding an alliance before you move, that way you're sure to to have at least some people to play with.

Ship 1 & 3 might be the best options to look into most likely, I think ship 4 is probably the hardest to sell right now just because its population is much smaller then ship 4 so buying certain things might become very difficult and/or expensive.

@Xaelon said in Tired of Ship 2, what's the best alternative?:

Ship 1 is [snip] also as old or older than ship 2

Ships 3 and 4 are younger ships so they have a smaller population (I am not sure to what degree as I have always been on ship 1).

Ship 1 was the only ship during closed beta in February 2020, but Ship 2 opened during that same closed beta so 12~48 hours later.

Ship 3 was opened when the game returned after a few weeks of being offline, when open beta began on 17 March 2020. It was considerably less populated than both 1 and 2 until the PC launch 10 weeks later on 27 May 2020, after which it spent most of the rest of the year largely indistinguishable from Ship 1 in terms of population and market for everything but items that predated its launch as you explained. In recent months however the never-ending myth about it being dead (a hang-on from the difference prior to PC release) has finally started taking a provable toll and it's now recognisably a little behind Ship 1.

Ship 4 was opened for the Steam & Global release in August 2020, with minimal fanfare, no Steam store front-page advertising and most of the players encouraging any new arrivals onto Ship 2 instead so it received a minority of a potentially underwhelming amount of new players. I don't have numbers for it but it sounds like it's comparable to pre-PC Ship 3 in terms of proportion compared to other ships.

@Captain-American I'm not honestly sure how one can be tired of a ship, but it'd help to know your criteria here. If you're a regular cosmetic buyer on the player shop you probably want Ship 1 for its combination of market supply and coverage, and the same if you want increased confidence about being able to fill pre-NGS UQs for longer after NGS releases. If you're a whale and looking to maximise the value of scratch pulls you don't want, Ship 4 could be good but keep in mind that extra money would disappear faster for the same reason. And if none of those are your priority I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between 1, 3 and 4 - or even 2.

@Miraglyth I'm tired of the community on Ship 2 is why. Particularly it's community. So I'm wanting something less, no offense, trashy and gross. Not saying everyone is but it's clear tons from JP toxic side came over to that ship from Arks Layer Discord and I want no part in those kinds of players. Just being honest.

So seems so far my options are Ship 1 and Ship 3. I'll think on those two then thanks.

You might also want to wait and see if the launch of New Genesis alters the player dynamic, firstly from the hopeful influx of new players to all ships that might marginalise the segment of the community you dislike but also because JP and Global will be in parity as of New Genesis' launch so there'd be no content headstarts on JP for Global players to mention.

probs bait but most of people in fleet that are active are ship 1 (speaking of #en-general). we made a new discord cus we dislike how fleet is moderated/gatekeeping and extremely biased towards 'the clique'/ship 1/JP side. if u haven't already had a look, u can join the disc since we're always active doin content

@Captain-American said in Tired of Ship 2, what's the best alternative?:

@Miraglyth I'm tired of the community on Ship 2 is why. Particularly it's community. So I'm wanting something less, no offense, trashy and gross. Not saying everyone is but it's clear tons from JP toxic side came over to that ship from Arks Layer Discord and I want no part in those kinds of players. Just being honest.

So seems so far my options are Ship 1 and Ship 3. I'll think on those two then thanks.

That is the whole entire game in general, so pso2 might not be for you

Ok, by trashy and gross, are we talking outfits? Or are we talking topics of conversation, and symbol arts? Because if it's outfits, I would say grow up, it's a Mature rated game, and players should be allowed to wear what they want to, free of judgment. If its the SA and conversations, just block them and move on until you can request a ship transfer, if it's really that bad, and everywhere. Either way, this reads like someone who doesn't like Mature themed games. I could be wrong, and you could elaborate and correct me if I am, but this sounds like someone can't stand lewd things.

If this is about Zarozian and his pals, report them to SEGA.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Tired of Ship 2, what's the best alternative?:

Ok, by trashy and gross, are we talking outfits? Or are we talking topics of conversation, and symbol arts? Because if it's outfits, I would say grow up, it's a Mature rated game, and players should be allowed to wear what they want to, free of judgment. If its the SA and conversations, just block them and move on until you can request a ship transfer, if it's really that bad, and everywhere. Either way, this reads like someone who doesn't like Mature themed games. I could be wrong, and you could elaborate and correct me if I am, but this sounds like someone can't stand lewd things.

If this is about Zarozian and his pals, report them to SEGA.

Reports do nothing. Same thing on PSU. No I'm not talking about the inherent over sexualization of this game that clearly appealed to coomers I've long gotten use to that. I'm referring to the behavior of the players. I won't go into detail here.

@Miraglyth True, prob best I just remain in my PQ till then before I make the plunge to go elsewhere. If not, perhaps Andross is right and I'll just go back to FFXIV.

Yeah there's just people like that on all ships, whether there's more or less of them on each ship I can't say. But depending on which blocks you go on and when, there will be toxic people on all the ships. It's a free game, so while that's a good thing imo, unfortunately it makes it more accessible for toxic people too, you can expect to see any kind of person you'd see on the internet at some point.

Captain American, if you're unsatisfied with Ship 2 because of toxic players, I would love to know more about what you're experiencing. I'm an old space cat, than probably most playin but, I haven't really bumped into any toxicity. I will say if the game is making you grind your teeth after a session or during, try other content, or look at your goals. I tried just working harvesting some was the most chill experience of any game I've play since leveling mining in Ultima Online like 15 years ago or however long. Probably longer. Loved lveling mining in that game, but was very intense if you didn't have any combat skills as even a flippin mongbat meant running to the nearest shrine or wandering healer for a rez and hoping to lure it far enough away to get your precious 30 minutes worth of ore and ingots.

In this game tho, you're pretty much invincible in that regard barring "toxic' encounters, which I didn't seem to have any. And if you're already on Ship 2 with a semi leveled guy/girlguy and looking for people that pose in their pq with whatever glam or /pose then add me and come do anti-toxic stuff . I'm Tasty Onions Ship 2, or T.O.

@Captain-American Ok, so we are talking people with bad attitudes then? Because I'm otherwise at a loss. I've ran into maybe one or two players on my ship, where they were either elitists, or thought the world revolved around them. I wouldn't call them trashy or gross, but I'd definitely call the a$$holes. If it's not that, then I really can't say I understand what issue you are having, because without any context, I can't say that I can.